OCR00992 - Chrono Cross "Time Voyager"

Ohhh looks like once again I get to be first reviewing. :D I liked the original and this is an interestng take on it. Very flowing and calm. The samples chosen are just perfect. The piano solo was interesting. Especially some of the delays on the piano, the "stutters" if you will. They made it a little more alive.

Now about these wrong notes (4:45)... It's obvious these are intentional, but the real question is, were they used in the proper context? This is a smooth flowing ambient piece. If this were a speedcore crazy madness track I can understand dissonance like that, but here, it just sounds bad. Like DJP said, it leaves you with a bad taste in your mouth.

Overrall, a very good mix. A chill take on a very good song. And from yet another newcomer. I think a lot of our latest mixes are from new people arent they?

I'm glad such a song was created. I have few mellow songs in my playlist of such quality. For me the big problem with mellow songs is they get boring too fast, but this one seems to work for me. This ALSO may be contributed to the fact that I enjoy the original a lot as well. I'm torn between which I like more, the remix or the original. Honestly I don't know which I'd rather listen to, cause the original is mellow, but more music is there. I dunno. I thought it was pretty good.

Hmm, this song is pretty nice, although it didn't really move me at all, it doesn't stand out in any kind of special way.. I suppose others would like this piece more than I do... *shrug* Well, download it and check it out for yourself, eh? :)

But now that I think about it, the piano arrangement was very nice and made this song worth the listening. :wink:

Well, speaking of this remix as an atmospheric music, it gets its job done. It's slightly moody, and there are no notes or sounds that makes it sound abrupt in any way.

I personally liked how it had many melodies from Chrono Cross, and that's the highlight of this remix for me. Other than that, this music is not intend to rock. This is a music best played as a background feature, NOT an entertaining listen. However, for being atmospheric, it gets the job done. Pretty good listen as long as you are not looking for something exciting.

I'm with neostormx on this one... goosebumps.

I find that i have to stop all work to really listen to this song...this is definitely a good thing... I get lost in it and my mind wanders in the atmosphere that this piece sets...

I find the chorus addictive...

As for these 'wrong' notes... I noticed an uncertainty in the flow of the piece but it didn't ruin the overall experience of the song for me. Infact, I didn't really notice until the second listen. No bad taste here, but an amazing musical experience that i'm greatful for.

Thank you, Chronosis

I love those bells. The beginning is definitly very dreamy and ethereal. I love the effect. This does make me think of a dream and think of da whole Chrono Cross atmosphere. This really does take me there.

Those wrong notes at da end tho definitly don't fit. I could do without them.

This remix is still amazingly beautiful, however.

I liked this remix a lot to start out with, but it's grown on me and moved up into the "totally awesome" category. It's really relaxing and flowing, but wihtout being boring in the least. I really like the drum work in this piece.

My only gripe (very small one) is that I think the clock ticking goes on for a little too long. It's a really nice effect, but I thought it got a little tiresome after about 30 seconds.

I didn't "hear" any wrong notes in the piano part. Perhaps I wasn't paying close enough attention or something, but I think the piano is executed really, really well.

Anyway, really good job, Mr. Chronosis. I hope you'll keep making beautiful music like this.

Fray.

First, I would seriously like to to thank all judges and reviewers for the great reviews, criticisms, critiques, etc... When I submitted this piece to DJ Pretzel a while back, I never imagined that I'd create something that most people really would enjoy from the get go.

Second, those "wrong notes" -- Wrong Notes is really a very bad way to describe what is there. Creative Liberty on the Original Theme is what is meant when they say 'wrong notes'. They're not wrong, I deviate a little from the main theme (one note inserted between the space of two notes). So to quickly answer that one : yes, it was deliberate, mostly becuase the end is supposed to be a piano improv, or at least that's the way I intended it to sound. Like it or hate it.. there you have it.

Thanks for everything folks.

• 4 months later...

This is one of those songs that grew on me to the point where it defines certain feelings in my life.

Often...late at night, when I'm drunk or what not, I visit this site, download the latest mixes and "discover" them by accident a few days later. Such is the case with this masterpiece.

One day, just as my robo-fry peak was ending, this song came on. My room was suddenly filled with beauty. But alas...the feeling overwhelmed me and I failed to see the name.

My next trip into Chronosis' realm of wonder, I made sure to write down the name of the song. It is now in my regular rotation, it's flowing melodies soothe me either on my way to work or back home. (I so hate work. It is pure evil. But I suppose maybe I only feel that way because I work in games. I dunno). But either way, this is one of those songs that will stick with me forever.

Thank you.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Every time I play this song, my sister says that it reminds her of being underwater; which is basically what the original song was (it was the sailing theme), and Chronosis brings the "underwater" feeling out even more with this great song.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR00992 - Chrono Cross "Time Voyager"