OCR00992 - Chrono Cross "Time Voyager"

• 5 months later...

Pretty nice soundscape, I am feeling this one. There are some weird piano note choices near the end (sounds like wrong notes to me, IMO), but for most of the track I am super relaxed. :-)

There isn't a lot of development texturally, but maybe too much work there would ruin the vibe.

Either way, this one is good listeninz, check it out CC fans. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Dreamy, deep and quite chipper for me too. It can make me sleepy and want to play Peggle until 4am at the same time.

Nice floaty piano fare. The ending does snap you out of the dreamscape a little, due to the piano work not clicking into its right place 100%, which I've learnt was intentional. I must admit I did tilt my head at those moments, but I don't think it necessarily sounds rotten.

Despite the deep sound, I think this is a very simple-natured mix with clear aspirations and some very ear-pleasing moves to show. A good zone out, feel good mix.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Always a fan of anything that incorporates the Chrono series, and with the artist's name being in the same vein...I had to listen.

Now, being 10 years old, it makes sense to give leniency on production values but with this track, it reminds me a lot of the ambient vibes in the Spyro series. However, at times, it does feel rather repetitive and while I'm not super critical on that...I think anyone who listens to this piece might just want a little moreBut, it's great for what it is: A smooth ride from start to finish. 

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00992 - Chrono Cross "Time Voyager"
  • 1 year later...

How have I not reviewed this song?

I've listened to this track probably since I first started visiting OCR, and I must say, it's aged very well. Personally, I like its conservative arrangement (which I tend to like more than creative ones, in general). The piano adds enough to keep the track from being overly atmospheric, but still blends with the song to avoid becoming distracting.

Great for setting the mood for working or just straight up relaxing with a drink and a book in hand.