Rambo

Rawk Hawk

relyanCe

Sindra

Vilecat

bonzai

ferret

-----------------------

Welcome to the September 2008 edition of OCR's "official" Fan Art Competition (FAC).

The winner of the previous month gets to choose the following month's theme. Last month's winner, Ninja-san, decided to go with Mecha for this month!

If your unfamiliar with FAC then here is a FAQ thing sorta.

FAQ

What is the Fan Art Competition?

The Fan Art Competition is a monthly event where artists create some form of art based on a certain theme.

What is the theme?

The theme is decided by the winner of the previous months competition and must be video game related.

Who can submit art?

Anyone

What are my restrictions?

You are allowed to submit one entry, but other than that there are no restrictions. There are no size, quality, image size restrictions.

Who decides the winner?

OCR of course, the whole community votes on it.

How does voting work?

On the day after the deadline I will make a post that displays all of the art submitted. Then users will be allowed to see every entry and decide which three they like the best, in order. Afterwhich they will send me a PM with their vote and maybe a few comments about the contest. They must do so in the announced voting period. If not then they fail at voting.

When and how do we see the results?

After the voting period is over I will count the results and figure out which peice has the most points. When voting the voter sends in their top three favorite peices. The one they like the most is worth 3 points, the second 2 points and the third 1 point.

If I enter the contest can I vote?

Yes, and voting for yourself is allowed if you REALLY wanna.

Once the points have been counted I will send a happy PM to the winner that tells them that they one and explains how they are to choose the next months theme. Once I get a PM back I will post the results and artists choice for the next months theme.

Rules and Regulations!

1) Any art submitted must be based off of the months theme.

2) No nudity.

3) Your entry must be created within the month. It cannot have been something you've created in the past or partially finished prior to the announcement of the theme.

4) All entries must be 100% your work. Simply altering something created by someone else may be cool, but is not allowed as an entry.

PM me all entries by:

September 27th

Alright! Lets get started!

Support this thread by wearing one of these or make your own:

fan0hu1.png

fan1zs2.png

fan2sd1.png

someone please post a list of games that would apply

Off the top of my head...

Mech Warrior

Front Mission

Metal Gear Solid 1/2/4

Zone of the Enders 1/2

Virtual On

Various Megaman series-I guess only those 'power suits' from X if we're being technical about mechs

FF6 (Magitek armour?)

...I guess Metroid?

Anything with a big mechanised boss is probably applicable, so most RPGs if you look hard enough.

Also, there was this crazy japan only mech game, where you played as the US president in a giant mech fighting the vice president trying to usurp you with a mech army, or something like that xD

I can't remember what it was called, but it sounded like the best idea for a game ever lol

someone please post a list of games that would apply

Fast Google search on "mecha games" gave http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Mecha_simulation_computer_games

It's only Mecha sims, and there are dozens of games that have at least a robot in it even if it's not the main character.

Megaman, the Magiteks from FFVI and Robo from CT are the first things that come to mind when I think about robots. There's also ROB, Metal Slug, Xenogears/saga, Metal Gear, Spriggan, Mass Effect, Sonic, Chibi-Robo, etc.

Unless we're making a distinction between robots and mecha?

And damn you Ninja-san! I'm not good at all with anything that has bolts and screws.

Edit:

no nudity?

pass..

Naked giant robots?

Re-edit: I completely forgot about Starcraft, shame on me

Off the top of my head...

Mech Warrior

Front Mission

Metal Gear Solid 1/2/4

Zone of the Enders 1/2

Virtual On

Various Megaman series-I guess only those 'power suits' from X if we're being technical about mechs

FF6 (Magitek armour?)

...I guess Metroid?

Anything with a big mechanised boss is probably applicable, so most RPGs if you look hard enough.

Also, there was this crazy japan only mech game, where you played as the US president in a giant mech fighting the vice president trying to usurp you with a mech army, or something like that xD

I can't remember what it was called, but it sounded like the best idea for a game ever lol

Does Xenogears and Xenosaga count?

Haha I'm creating confusion!

When I thought of the idea I thought it could be like the zombies where you could make characters into Mehca Like a Mario Mecha vs a Bowser mech. And I guess robots can go into the theme cause ... they are the same. Its up to Atmu.

I cant do Mecha either btw XD

When I thought of the idea I thought it could be like the zombies where you could make characters into Mehca Like a Mario Mecha vs a Bowser mech. And I guess robots can go into the theme cause ... they are the same. Its up to Atmu.

So you're saying we should take the theme based on the translation of the word (which means anything robotic/mechanised)?

And I can't either. But I'll fight you Ninja! Consider this a challenge.

RAWR!

works for me

ive been pretty easy with entries thusfar guys i dunno if youve noticed that