Favorite Music Player?

Incronaut

Hey OCR, just wondering what people's most preferred/favorite music player is... personally, ive been using windows media player, and thus become accustomed to it to the extent that i now even enjoy using it, as embarrassing as it is to say... i know its kinda noob

i like winamp too solely because of its chiptune capabilities, but other than that i cant stand it, especially when im trying to seek to the middle of a track

Used Windows media player for a while, Then went to Zune, and switched back when i realized the quality sucked compared to Windows Media Player. Something about Zune, makes the quality shit. I dont have to turn up my speakers nearly as much with WMP as i did with Zune.

i've been a winamp user forever

i've hated itunes with a passion since it organized my entire library into in unknown artist, unknown folder. it was like 20,000 files! oh well, thats in the past. sadly there was no undo on that one. also itunes colors the sound...which is good and bad.

if anyone knows any good mac apps for mp3s i am all ears cause i have yet to find one i like with the simplicity of winamp.

but i do agree with you on the searching in the middle of the track thing. only bothers me when i am playing a 60 min APE file. but it sucks.

I used to be a Winamp fan in the early 00s until I moved onto foobar and iTunes (I alternate between both for studio WIPs and actual albums, respectively). When on Linux, however, Rhythmbox takes the cake. Banshee and Amarok blow.

cant take this opinion seriously because not only do you use itunes for albums but you also dont like amarok which is the best media player ever