I need a classic RPG

Halt

Breath of Fire I & II (SNES)

Startropics (NES)

Ys Books I & II (NES)

Chronotrigger (SNES)

Bahamut Lagoon (with english patch) (SNES)

Earthbound (SNES)

Illusion of Gaia (SNES)

Lufia & and the Fortress of Doom (SNES)

Lufia II - Rise of the Sinistrals (PLAY THIS FIRST BEFORE LUFIA I FOR GOD'S SAKES) (SNES)

Secret of Mana (SNES)

Seiken Densetsu III (SNES)

Legend of Zelda - A Link to the Past (SNES)

Super Mario RPG.

Seriously.

EDIT: Schwaltzvald, I would hardly say Startropics and A Link to the Past are RPGs.

They are role playing games, in LoZ - ALttP you play the role of Link. As for Startropics I have no clue but for one reason or another Nintendo has it under RPG in their virtual console :lol:

You're more than welcome to debate its classification with them. :razz:

I do however second Super Mario RPG. I shouldn't even have to recommend because if you haven't downloaded/bought it in one form or another, then you must be STUPID

Excuse me, I do have an NES. I had it at one point. but lost it in the times i have moved. i bought another NES aswell recently.

the point...?

If you were responding to my last bit on my post I was being sarcastic.

If you need an emu make a search for zsnes (snes) & fce ultra (nes).

If you mean to actually buy cartridges and stuff then good luck on your search on finding those specific games without going to ebay and paying an arm and leg for them.

Dunno what else your post would mean.

considering cody said "nes" i tihnk he misread what you were trying to say schwaltz.. oh well

i would have to say Super Mario RPG is amazing, earthbound is... interesting, i always get to fourside and then get somewhat frustrated for some reason... secret of mana i would say is amazing... lufia ii i would say is one of the most underrated games ever cause its so awesome too

ZSNES.

I'm about to start Legend of Heroes II, I, and III on the PSP (which are really III, IV, and V). The one thing every professional review I've ever read fails to mention (and thus possibly accounting for the low scores and criticisms that the games "add nothing new to the genre") is that they are remakes, and the original versions were released in the SNES era.

Might be worth recommending...? Not sure, haven't actually started playing them yet.

Hilarious as it may be, how does it have anything to do with super mario RPG?

edit: i mean the gameplay of super mario rpg.

It's awesome enough to just warrant that vid :lol: But also its hard finding a good vid on it without finding a motherfucking tool commentating over it >:L

Seriously though...

SMRPG - Legend of the Seven Stars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QiAeH6YwEw&feature=related

Ys Books I & II (For the DS although it has seen previous ports)

-=NES=-

Dragon Warrior

Dragon Warrior II

Dragon Warrior III

Dragon Warrior IV

-=SNES=-

7th Saga

-=Master System=-

Phantasy Star

Miracle Warriors

-=Genesis=-

Phantasy Star II

Phantasy Star III

Phantasy Star IV

Traysia

Sword of Vermillion

Sorcerer's Kingdom

Shining In The Darkness

Warriors Of The Eternal Sun

Faery Tale Adventure

King's Bounty

(some action/strategy RPGs are Shining Force, Shining Force II, Light Crusader, Beyond Oasis, Landstalker, Shadowrun, and Exile)

For the SNES, go with ZSNES. For the Master System and Genesis, go with either Kega Fusion or Gens. I could name some others for the Sega CD, Saturn and PS1, but I don't know if you're interested in buying/DLing CD images, or setting up the slightly more complicated emulation to run them.

Super Mario RPG, Breath of Fire 2, and Lufia 2 are the three best SNES RPGs you're going to find, excluding the Final Fantasy series.

I use SNES9x. I've tried ZSNES before and it's fine, but I can't figure out why that's the one everybody always recommends. Is there anything special about it?

Go with Live-a-live (you should be able to find a translated version of the ROM). Easily the most underappreciated and overlooked Square RPG and for me personally hands down the BEST Square RPG. Think of it as a combination of Final Fantasy V or VI (similar graphics), Final Fantasy Tactics (somewhat similar tactical combat system) and a dash of Chrono Trigger (vague resemblance in settings and storyline). Oh, and it has some incredible music as well: