I need a classic RPG

Halt

I've just recently gotten to Melmond and the Earth Cave, and goddamn it's a pain in the ass, even with a knight and red mage both outfitted with silver swords. :\

Yeah, there were times, when i just wanted to break the fucking game <_<. I would roam around for hours trying to find a unlisted cave, or town. just like "FUCK SAKE, WHERE THE HELL IS IT!!" I dont know what kept me into it, All i can imagine, is when i did find it, I had fun xD.

Yeah, there were times, when i just wanted to break the fucking game <_<. I would roam around for hours trying to find a unlisted cave, or town. just like "FUCK SAKE, WHERE THE HELL IS IT!!" I dont know what kept me into it, All i can imagine, is when i did find it, I had fun xD.

Haha absolutely, it's always the most infuriating challeges that end up being the most rewarding. As a competitive gamer, it feels that much more "justified" in a sense to brag about beating the original Final Fantasy compared to one of the more mainstream sequels like VI or VII.

Where the hell do you live? I've been trying to find the 3rd act for a good while now and I've only ever seen it on amazon (fuck ebay) for something like $50... Also all gamestops where I am ever have are xbox games in the cheapo bins, except for that one time I managed to get a copy of "Castlevania: LoI" still wrapped in its plastic.

It was at a normal GameStop. I've actually seen the whole Xenosaga trilogy go roughly for $15 at both. I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky finding it. I assume most stores would have tons of old RPGs for stock. Some really good deals as far as old PS2 RPGs go nowadays. Unless it's somewhat rare and still in demand like Disgaea.

It was at a normal GameStop. I've actually seen the whole Xenosaga trilogy go roughly for $15 at both. I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky finding it. I assume most stores would have tons of old RPGs for stock. Some really good deals as far as old PS2 RPGs go nowadays. Unless it's somewhat rare and still in demand like Disgaea.

I suppose it's a regional thing. In gamestops, FYE's and most other game shops in my area I would rarely see some good used ps2 games. I'd more likely find xbox games that I would have kept had I had an xbox/360.

Also speaking of Disgaea, I'm not sure if I lucked out when I bought "Disgaea - Hour of Darkness" on the PS2 a couple of days ago. I was visiting a local bestbuy and I noticed the game all alone. There were only two and decided to pick up a copy.

So far I'm enjoying it though I think I'm gonna restart my game as I'm not sure if I want to keep the "prinnys" or replace them as I gain enough mana...

Edit: Assuming this is the rare game that Injin posted of, if I go back , see the second copy, then buy it. Would some one be interested in buying it from me..? I don't take paypal (fuck paypal) but I think money order is fine with me... I'm not greedy so I think $22 bucks is fair including the shipping and handling...

Better respond soon as I have a lunch break starting at 11:30AM EST and thats when I go to the shops...

Edit: Assuming this is the rare game that Injin posted of, if I go back , see the second copy, then buy it. Would some one be interested in buying it from me..? I don't take paypal (fuck paypal) but I think money order is fine with me... I'm not greedy so I think $22 bucks is fair including the shipping and handling...

Better respond soon as I have a lunch break starting at 11:30AM EST and thats when I go to the shops...

Sorry for the extra post but, no one interested..?

Disgaea - Hour of Darkness

Morrowwind

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5wf_2usTIQ

If it was Disgaea 2, I might have been, but I have Afternoon of Darkness already, which is basically the same game but on PSP.

Just as well, went to the shop because I needed a microsd card. Didn't see it there anymore; instead it was hanna montana being whored out in it's place.

As for Disgaea 2, I think I can find it...

Disgaea 2's the better gameplay experience, IMO. Though the characters might not be quite as good, the polish that 2 received really makes it a game that's easier to sit down and play for longer periods of time.

That's not to say Disgaea: Hour/Afternoon of Darkness isn't fun. I love that game to death; I just happen to like 2 more.

Disgaea 2's the better gameplay experience

This is actually a good thing, a progression where the first one is incredibly enjoyable to where its sequels give more enjoyment. Basically a series where each game gets better and better is often lost upon the industry except for a few titles.

In any rate

Disgaea 2

Persona 3:FES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drs140-CIf8

I can't believe 10 pages went by without anyone mentioning Super Mario RPG.

I love it when people don't take the time to read the thread from the beginning. :lol:

To be fair, I wouldn't have wanted to read through 10 pages of "OMG SMRPG!!11" either. It's not like much discussion is going on. Just recommendations.