OCR00996 - Star Fox "Godspeed"

djpretzel

8O OH...MY...GOD... This song is so amazingly cool. The Wingless, you are a great composer, indeed. In fact, this song should go on the charts at mp3.com! In fact, once I finish posting this review, I'm gonna go there and vote on this song! AND NOW, for the rankings.

Overall- 15/10

Sound quality- 10/10

Non repetitiveness- 8/10

ummmm.... I can't really think of anymore catagorys... but if I could, they'd be 10's as well. :D:wink::P

Wow. Just wow.

Ive listened to this mix about 1000 times now, I just cant get enough of it. The first part of the song is just pure bliss for my ears. The 2nd part is nice, but I dont like it as much as the first. If this would be a pure corneria mix, I would probably listen to it every day until I die.

Still, this is the best mix on the site.

• 4 weeks later...

OH MY GOD! This is great! I love the beginning. It sounds just like mission control with the vocals and little electronic beeps. Wow, and it gets better when you get that 'liftoff' feeling. The second half makes me feel like i'm just gliding along in my R-Wing with Fox and the crew. It's great. Almost like a free kinda feeling. I definetly favor the first half of this song with all the techno and hip beats. I also love the fadeaway ending too. This is great! Did I already say that? Yea, I did! Must mean I like it alot! Wow! Downloading this baby for sure! :D

• 1 month later...

the intro is great (first minute), then the corneria is good, but to me the great part of the song is the second half (the main theme), flawless.... period!! And let me say that i have heard no better transistion into another theme, than that of this song! ~The Wingless~ get BIG props for this one! (All the world in one girl is way up there too) -10/10

I think the voices you're hearing are the original mumbles from the game...I dunno if anyone has already said this..I didn't bother reading lol and I just signed up so...XD anyways, that's my thought on what the voices are

*EDIT*I forgot to say this was in response to the post asking about the voices after 1:15...

I think the voices you're hearing are the original mumbles from the game...I dunno if anyone has already said this..I didn't bother reading lol and I just signed up so...XD anyways, that's my thought on what the voices are

*EDIT*I forgot to say this was in response to the post asking about the voices after 1:15...

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

read the damn thread! Bah!

• 1 month later...

I agree that this song is uber fricken awesome. It roxx my soxx! But one little thing I noticed, the hi synth during the intro, while the voices are going on: I was listening via headphones, and when the doubling occurs for said hi synth, it's in stereo so that one comes in one headphone, but the echo comes in the other. However, the echo isn't any quiter than the source, so it throws you off as far as rythm. I also noticed this when I was listening to it in my car. It just feels off while listening to it through certain mediums. Not a big problem, just a minor note I thought I'd point out.

• 4 weeks later...

Wow...I somehow missed this one when it first came out...I came looking for a Corneria remix, as I had a sudden craving for that song. I was not dissapointed :P Very, very nice, and the coverage on the Star Fox ending theme was also excellent.

Major props once again to The Wingless for another epic masterpiece!

• 2 months later...

hooooooooooooooooooooooooo

let's find some adjectives to describe this remix:

load-blowing, lick-shredding, BOMBDIGGITYSHNOAUW!

Seriously at that part where the engine throttles up.......yeah it's just woot.

Wingless or whatever your name is.....NICE MIX, DOG!

If I ever have to write one of those "Who would u invite to eat dinner papers" for college, yeah it's gonna be like: LeBron James, Ronald Reagan, Radiohead, The Pope, and WINGLESS

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not going to beat around the bush here. Not only is Godspeed my favorite Remix on the site, but it just might very well be my favorite overall song.

Even thought its been mentioned more than anything else, the intro is awesome. Beyond awesome. Those who've played the original SNES Star Fox will remember the opening "Scramble" scene at once.

And then at 1:15, it'll sound like you just shot out of the Corneria base, and then... wow. You blast out of the base, then the music kicks up for a while until it changes tunes at 2:26.

This change makes Godspeed sound like two songs in one (and it is) and that is another reason why I love it. Why go for just one tune from the game when you can have two?

Wingless, thank you for creating this incredible song. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

This is a song in my 'need to review' list. One of the first songs I attained here on OC, and amazing as ever.

There are certain songs that have sections I call 'pump ups', and this song, along with ICO Icon, Ff Music DJ's music, SGX's, and Cyborg Jeff's has a pumped section i will never forget. 10/10

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Another one of my favorites.

The begining of the song correlates well with the beginin of Starfox, when the craft begins to launch. Using the voices was an excellent idea. I also love how at 1:15 or so the music just jumps out and becomes very fast paced and loud, just like when you launch out on the first part. I really envisioned myself flying the ship around and doing barrel rolls.

I didn't praticularly enjoy the slowdown at about 2:25 but the piano afterwards was very nice.

Great remix. one of my favorites as I said, but I do believe I would've enjoyed it more if it had stayed with it's first vision from 1:15-2:26 maintaining the speed and instruments.

• 1 month later...

This song nearly brought tears to my eyes with pure nostalgia and joy. An excellent use of the source material, and the intro is PERFECT - recognisable by any StarFox fan. Then the engines spin up, and the song gets underway.

There are a couple of different feelings during the song, all good. Download now, and enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

A good track with a great flow to it. I didn't really care much for the intro but it does add a spacy feel to it so thats a plus. My fav. part is at 1:15 when the music from corneria kicks in. THIS IS HOW THE LEVEL SHOULD BE REMIXED. It's an absolutely perfect remix of that level's music. It's so intense and I like the bass beat too. My biggest qualm is that the mix looses its steam around 2:33 and the track seems to just drone on. The piano work is excellent but I think I preffer Space Cowboys by bLiNd. All in all it's a great track with excellent production. Could you expect anything less from The Wingless? I think not.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00996 - Star Fox "Godspeed"