Happy Sega Day!

reelmojo

This should be the day for those with the means to play Propeller Arena, to do so. Play a game that was canceled by a tragic event, on the anniversary of that tragic event, just two days after the birthday of the now dead system that the game would have been released on.

If there was ever a better timing/game combination, I can't think of it.

"It's thinking."

Rayman 2, the DC version, is the best version, and Rayman 2 is one of the first great 3D platformers. (And it's still great comparatively.) The Dreamcast is like a Wii without motion control but with games that "gamers" would actually be interested in and play. It out-Wii'd the Wii before Nintendo ever thought up the Wii!

Speaking of birthdays I registered at OCR 5 years ago this month. Guess September is a good month!

Uh, what? That makes absolutely no sense at all.

What part of "/troll on!" did you not understand? :<

It was another system that had poor timing and marketing against its competition. I've played Dreamcast games, they were nothing special.

It's just a video game system, get over it people!

GRRRRRR

The Dreamcast has way more quality games than say, the N64. If you wanted any of the great mid to late 90's arcade games in your home without spending thousands on Naomi hardware the Dreamcast is the perfect solution. Problem is a lot of the games were rare or didn't get released in the States/the US. The DC's graphical engine was so damn good though... The 3D games looked a lot better than most PS2 games of their time. Just look at Project Justice, Tech Romancer, Ecco, Ikaruga, etc.

It was another system that had poor timing and marketing against its competition. I've played Dreamcast games, they were nothing special.

The controllers were...very interesting controllers :-P

We can celebrate a console's anniversary...what's wrong with that? :|

GRRRRRR

The Dreamcast has way more quality games than say, the N64.

I believe that.

Wow. You say it as a joke then retort seriously? Every game we play are GAMES. OOH, GET OVER IT. Get over yourself.

The Dreamcast has way more quality games than say, the N64. If you wanted any of the great mid to late 90's arcade games in your home without spending thousands on Naomi hardware the Dreamcast is the perfect solution. Problem is a lot of the games were rare or didn't get released in the States/the US. The DC's graphical engine was so damn good though... The 3D games looked a lot better than most PS2 games of their time. Just look at Project Justice, Tech Romancer, Ecco, Ikaruga, etc.

N64 was flimsy competition but I think Dreamcast actually did have more worthwhile games overall. Especially its arcade game lineup which was like a hardcore gamer's dream. And I still think the Dreamcast actually might have had a bit of an edge over the PS2 at least in terms of color palette. PS2 games have always looked slightly greyish and muddy. Not with Dreamcast.

But really, I think the Dreamcast was like the Apple in their struggling days. Doing daring things even in the face of slacking sales and even less popular attention. I still don't think most companies can come close to the innovative spirit of Sega when they were seriously going at it in the console war. Some people argue they were maybe too innovative for their own good, because nobody really knew what kinds of games they were pushing out. And many of them stemmed from their arcade roots so they weren't exactly console-friendly.

The controllers were...very interesting controllers :-P

I think they took the success of the Saturn NiGHTs controllers (which were really good controllers for that specific game, mind you) and went overboard with it. Unfortunately, they're lousy controllers for any other game that doesn't play like NiGHTs.

I think the design of their Saturn controllers was the most comfortable. They should've stuck with something similar to that. KF

I think they took the success of the Saturn NiGHTs controllers (which were really good controllers for that specific game, mind you) and went overboard with it. Unfortunately, they're lousy controllers for any other game that doesn't play like NiGHTs.

I think the design of their Saturn controllers was the most comfortable. They should've stuck with something similar to that. KF

ya know, i kinda liked the controllers, i was only like 8 when i had a dreamcast, but i had some sonic game, and the controller just worked for me