OCR01043 - *YES* Metal Gear Solid 2 'Electric Gear Solid' *FT*

Israfel

This mix might have some nice sounds and effects, but it's really little more than the melody over a drumbeat.

granted, there are some interesting fills, but the harmony remains very basic and there is little to no escalation.

also, the halfspeed melody over the drums 'con mosso' is an ugly contrast.

nice synths, nice ideas, it just needs more depth.

NO

Lots of nice samples and synths, but very poor use of instruments.

The intro synths have way too much release. A few quality problems here and there..

The melody just keeps repeating. The beat is extremely simple. That violin needs some reverb or at least better usage.

I'm borderline on this one.

Fix the intro release synths and It might pass, but until then,

NO

For the most part I rather like this. Everything is pretty well developed and there's a decent amount of variety on the original with some nice synth effects and a few harmonic changes thrown in for good measure.

Not flawless by any stretch of the imagination, but certainly enjoyable and mostly solid work.

YES

Sweet & sparkly synths and liberal use of stereo delay feedback make for a great lead sound at the beginning and pretty decent orchestral samples follow, except for the dry strings. Kudos on the flute/chorals. However, there are two clear problems here.

1) The drumline simply loops without any real movement and quickly becomes boring

2) No real rearrangement to speak of; it's note-for-note for the majority of the mix and different only in the breaks and order of progression patterns

Basically, this is pretty flesh on a brittle skeleton. Satisfactory variation can be difficult to carry-out, especially with an original track of this caliber, but it's the first step that must be taken when remixing.

NO

• 3 weeks later...

yeah, some of teh samples are pretty neat and all, but it just feels so

static. Without really any building, as has been mentioned, it gets a little

dull by the end, but there are parts of it that really do sound pretty good.

Bleh, seems like we're all torn over this one, which means it might not be

stellar, but people will still like it, so i'll give it a

YES

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, right from the beginning, everything sounds pretty good. The FM-ish synths in the intro really fill up sonic space, and although the strings that come in during this area sound kind of blah on the low notes, it still works pretty good. The violin is really not nice on the higher notes, but oh well. Can't expect perfect samples all the time. The synths, while not entirely original, blend in pretty good. The drums kind of lack variation during the middle section of the song, but everything picks up again later. A little repetitive, but not enough for me to want to condemn it. Sounds pretty well equalized, and the arrangement (besides the previously mentioned repetitiveness) is decent.

Not the best I've heard, but I think the community will like it.

YES