GrayLightning

SirRus

Seeing all these names again sparked my curiosity. So i did a very quick (skimmed the first page only) google search on those names. I got nothing recent for graylightning/gray alexander, a whole ton of irrelevant results for firedrake, an amusing wikipedia entry for cuddly pyramid head (albeit nothing useful), and a myspace profile for xsr388x (last login was yesterday). So, xsr338x, at least didn't completely fall off the face of the earth, just OCR.

Of course its entirely possible that some of them are still around here just under diff names. I've been on the forums since 02, but I've used a couple different names.

ginger's definitely still alive, you see her post occasionally. she's also married, so there's definitely going to be no more teen pr0n, duh. she posted those pictures when she was 17, i think, and she's 21 or so now.

firedrake's still around here somewhere. i thought i figured out a possible alt account that was him, but i forgot the name. that was a while ago, though.

edit: i'm never on remod, but what did they do there? troll the shit out of it as well?

He probably just got tired of dealing with all our bullshit and moved on. I mean, if you guys remember, every single problem with the judges panel or OCR in general put him in the center because everyone thought of him as honest and impartial. What if he just got tired of that shit? Or what if the remixer who was using that fake persona got tired of that shit? Either way, could have been Binnie or Prot.

I definitely think he got tired of the constant attention he was required to give. I used to talk to him constantly as well (also remixer MC, the piano guy). It actually sounds like a bunch of people were really tight with him online that I didn't even know about. That, along with constant judge shit he had to deal with (he often complained about it to me), probably wore him out. He was probably nice to a fault where he didn't want to deny anyone his attention.

Dissapearing is weird though. I would have understood a quick email or IM saying, "Hey, its been good, but I've decided I gotta quit this whole internet thing and move elsewhere with my life. Later dude!"

I'm just grasping at straws here since I've never really spoken to Gray much..

I was digging through the IRC archive and noticed he used to login a lot with the hostmask "GrayLight@herograw.on.EnterTheGame.Com"...

Anyone know what the relationship there would be? Why he would be using someone else's vhost to login?

I was digging through the IRC archive and noticed he used to login a lot with the hostmask "GrayLight@herograw.on.EnterTheGame.Com"...

Anyone know what the relationship there would be? Why he would be using someone else's vhost to login?

Dun dun DUNNNNNN.

Seriously though, dunno what it was about him and MC, but for some reason they were just incredibly cool people to talk to (and just incredibly cool people in general).

I definitely think he got tired of the constant attention he was required to give. I used to talk to him constantly as well (also remixer MC, the piano guy). It actually sounds like a bunch of people were really tight with him online that I didn't even know about. That, along with constant judge shit he had to deal with (he often complained about it to me), probably wore him out. He was probably nice to a fault where he didn't want to deny anyone his attention.

Dissapearing is weird though. I would have understood a quick email or IM saying, "Hey, its been good, but I've decided I gotta quit this whole internet thing and move elsewhere with my life. Later dude!"

He did leave a post like that on the judges forum. Basically, he said exactly that - he was moving to Nevada (Nebraska?) to do TV work and that he wouldn't be back.

That kid, guy...well hell I guess he/she could be a 70 year old woman for all I know...was the most intelligent person I've met on here. I remember when he was new and I was posting WIP comments on his first mixes. One or two years later he's blown me out of the water with his quality and style and already a freaking judge.

I'll bet he was real, and I'll bet he misses remixing. If he's like me, he got some hottie pregnant and real life all but ended his online escapades.

Sounds like he just moved on. Honestly this site has a lot of drama and bullshit (as most large sites do, especially those related to a creative field) and I could see as a judge/heavily involved person in this site it can wear you out, especially when you are as nice and thoughtful as he was. Plus the sheer amount of time required to be an active judge seems like it would cut into his work IRL and it sounds like he's pretty busy at the studio. We should be happy he's doing something related to music that keeps him occupied and supports his livelihood.

The reason for his absolute dissapearance could be because of a few things. First I've noticed that people who make a big deal over their "farewell" always come back at some point. ALWAYS. They still have an attachment somewhere that they are forcing themselves to give up for some reason or another. Think of all the posters on this forum who actually are gone, who NEVER come back, and think about how many of those people made good-bye threads. Almost none in my recollection. They just stop posting, because they've already moved on. Another reason he didn't say good-bye to everyone might be because he knew that there would be a huge amount of people begging him to stay. I mean, look at this thread! He really is a nice and talented guy, so having to tell people, "No, I really need to move on" would probably be pretty hard for him.

Obviously he's doing something else now, so give up the searches and let him be. If he wants to come by some time and say hi, he will do so on his own terms. Otherwise, just be happy that you got to know one of the cooler contributers to this site and hope he's doing well!

I've noticed that people who make a big deal over their "farewell" always come back at some point. ALWAYS. They still have an attachment somewhere that they are forcing themselves to give up for some reason or another. Think of all the posters on this forum who actually are gone, who NEVER come back, and think about how many of those people made good-bye threads. Almost none in my recollection. They just stop posting, because they've already moved on.

This is quite true. Liontamer made a thread in 2006 saying he would judge stuff in this site only for 2 more years, but he is still here.

Be that as it may, it's still disappointing to all of the people who developed friendships with him and talked regularly, outside OCR, about non-OCR subjects. It's one thing to stop posting or visiting a site, it's quite another to sever ALL your connections. :(

Yeah man...makes us all worry as well.

Be that as it may, it's still disappointing to all of the people who developed friendships with him and talked regularly, outside OCR, about non-OCR subjects. It's one thing to stop posting or visiting a site, it's quite another to sever ALL your connections. :(

If you get burned out on a place or hobby, it's not that odd to leave it, and all those associated with it, behind. Sometimes to get away from something and move on, you really do have to sever any and all ties.

If you get burned out on a place or hobby, it's not that odd to leave it, and all those associated with it, behind. Sometimes to get away from something and move on, you really do have to sever any and all ties.

So true. When I got swallowed by Final Fantasy XI online that is basically how I escaped it. I had been playing for a long time and I know there was alot of people that may have thought it was rude of me not to say goodbye but I couldn't do it. I dumped it cold turkey. One day and it was done. Never went back and I never will.

So true. When I got swallowed by Final Fantasy XI online that is basically how I escaped it. I had been playing for a long time and I know there was alot of people that may have thought it was rude of me not to say goodbye but I couldn't do it. I dumped it cold turkey. One day and it was done. Never went back and I never will.

Good for you. Enjoy the sunshine. Call your parents.

• 11 months later...

He asked to use my vhost a loooooooooooooong time ago, so this would be a dead end. Sorry D=