GrayLightning

SirRus

nobody seems to have commented that I showed up right about the time he disappeared... coincidence?

:nicework:

I believe zircon mentioned it and floated the theory that you're GrayLightning on one of the last VGDJ episodes.

Though it was probably just to distract from Brushfire's discovery that zircon is Sixto Sounds. KF

the IP address thing would only work if he didn't move or change ISPs. According to his story, at least one of these two has happened, meaning he'd probably have a new IP address. It could work, though, if he did log in with his new IP address.

But if he's been spinning a yarn here or something... well, it's possible he hasn't moved even locally or changed ISPs in 3-4 years.

But having an IP address and an ISP means that we are able to potentially match it with anyone else who was a regular poster on OCR.

But having an IP address and an ISP means that we are able to potentially match it with anyone else who was a regular poster on OCR.

You should be able to trace the ip to where it was broadcasted from or whatever. and that would maybe give a better chance at slimming down possible family members, or have a general area where he might be.

You should be able to trace the ip to where it was broadcasted from or whatever. and that would maybe give a better chance at slimming down possible family members, or have a general area where he might be.

Oh, right. For his old posts here, yeah...could even use the IP address to determine if he was honest about where he said he lived.

i don't know anything about this guy, but given the fact that no one knows anything about him/any information which could potentially be linked to him, perhaps he has a job which requires him to be unknown, a government job, fbi, intelligence, something?

i mean it sounds to me like he did an admirable job of covering his tracks when he was here it wouldn't surprise me that much

This is quite true. Liontamer made a thread in 2006 saying he would judge stuff in this site only for 2 more years, but he is still here.

What are you talking about, I never did that. A long time ago, someone probably asked me how long I imagined I'd stay on the panel. Back then, judges never stayed that long. But I've never actually had a countdown to when I'd leave.

You made a thread to celebrate your two years of judging and mentioned a two years countdown in the first post. It was created around June '06 if memory serves. Hence why I can't find it in the archives of GenDisc/Community

Other memories from that thread include Vigilante saying something along the lines of "Two years? What do you want, a cookie?" and the overuse of the lol smilie in many people's posts.

Oh, right. For his old posts here, yeah...could even use the IP address to determine if he was honest about where he said he lived.

Yeah, only thing is. I know of like the have sites and shit you type an ip in, it tells you where it is. Some of those are off by a LONGSHOT. As long as you guys know his last known place of living on that ip it will prove if he was where he said he was.

Yeah, only thing is. I know of like the have sites and shit you type an ip in, it tells you where it is. Some of those are off by a LONGSHOT. As long as you guys know his last known place of living on that ip it will prove if he was where he said he was.

I've had both cable and DSL here, and for me, it's always said I'm from Irvine, which is only 20 miles away... considering how vast North California is, it would it least narrow it down to a county/area.

I never thought about the possibility of him working in some sort of FBI/top secret kind of government position... but I imagine that it's a possibility. In that case, we'd probably have to settle with confirmation from family or friends that he is ok (lol, which sounds like a longer shot).

There's also the Tennessee connection, as someone mentioned that they though he was heading to a studio in Nashville. 3 hours away, but that's not too inconceivable... :P

A ridiculous number of OCR people are from East Tennessee for no good goddam reason.

You made a thread to celebrate your two years of judging and mentioned a two years countdown in the first post. It was created around June '06 if memory serves. Hence why I can't find it in the archives of GenDisc/Community

Other memories from that thread include Vigilante saying something along the lines of "Two years? What do you want, a cookie?" and the overuse of the lol smilie in many people's posts.

/ot

hey txai, your english got really good! it's kind of a shame because your posts were very entertaining back in the day.

/ot

hey txai, your english got really good! it's kind of a shame because your posts were very entertaining back in the day.

I remember this, he made a thread in Requests that went something like this:

hello everyone this ocremix here very good place i am in the very loving of the Wario Land 4 soundtrack if people could please be in the remixing of the Wario Land 4 soundtrack i happy would be very much person

Ok, I'm exaggerating a little bit, but still, kudos in getting a second language down, I can hardly get the single language I know perfected, haha.

Now back to our feature presentation, GrayLightning: Where The F**k Is He?

I've had both cable and DSL here, and for me, it's always said I'm from Irvine, which is only 20 miles away... considering how vast North California is, it would it least narrow it down to a county/area.

I never thought about the possibility of him working in some sort of FBI/top secret kind of government position... but I imagine that it's a possibility. In that case, we'd probably have to settle with confirmation from family or friends that he is ok (lol, which sounds like a longer shot).

Yeah, I've had some say I live in new york. I live in wisconsin. But thats the point, you would be able to narrow it down since there are reliable trackers out there.