Iji: fantastic freeware game

Goodnight

I've been listening to the soundtrack so much, and the unofficial remix of tor and a few other pieces of the music the last few days.

This game is so great on so many levels, I'm playing through it again. I want to make an Iji character skin for Minecraft. Yeah.... nerdy.

It's got just so much good going for it. Definitely on my top 10 games in the last 10 years... but that's another story.

• 11 years later...

i went downtown this morning, had a beer and a smoke at my favorite place at the riverside, then plugged in my mp3 player....the first thing i listened to was...."3 cans later" from IJI OST!

that's a cool little synchronicity, the fact you just bumped this 10 year old thread!

(also, i am now at beer can no.3! technically, the first one was a bottle. but whO Cares :D)

i remember the storytelling and the emotional quality of it being great. not in a grandiose AAA way, of course, but for what it is, IJI was kinda genius on all fronts.

you can play iji (the protagonist) empathetically, or as an alien killer. it results in different sound bits iirc, like Iji screaming "DIE!!" after a kill... or saying "sorry."

• 3 weeks later...