Nintendo Wii

LuketheXjesse

I'm beginning to thing the poor thing is going to die out. Nintendo is barely making anything for it and nothing but shovelware is coming out here lately. The last (supposed) good game was No More Heroes, which I neglected to play. Of course, my faith will be restored if a Skies of Arcadia sequel comes around :3

^^ Said it all.

I just bought No More Heroes. It's one of those games that you can't judge by the mediocre scores; it's basically fantastic but has a bunch of glaring flaws that lower review scores.

i completely agree, i've played No More Heroes once, and it was pretty sick

i just have to get around to buying it..but i got fired :(

I didn't mean die out in terms of sales, the mainstream is of course going to eat up the system due to the amount of casual crap coming out for it. The Wii is, most certainly not dead in that sense. It IS, however, dying in the sense of actual good games being released for it. The situation looks grim right now in my opinion.

I never really have understood the difference between "casual" and "hardcore" It seems any game can be one or the other depending on how much someone actually likes to play it.

I bet a lot of you would call this game I play called Puzzle Pirates a casual game, yet it's got some pretty hardcore players in it, especially when it comes to shoppe running and blockading.

Then again I'll play any game as long as it's fun, I don't care if the image for it is "casual" or "hardcore" cause that's not really important.

I think when people think "Hardcore", they think of a story, a 10 hour + single player game, a desire to sit down and play for extended periods of time and voice acting (I don't know why there's so much emphasis on it.) When they think "Casual", they probably think party, puzzle or games with little or no story to them that you'd play in smaller sessions, focusing mainly on fun rather than engaging the player.

But what do I know. I think that games should be fun, and anything else is bonus (Of course there are standards for everything, I don't want to play a fun game on anything that looks like a nes game, unless it's intentionally that way, i.e. megaman 9), but immersing the player into a game world should be key, especially in "hardcore" games but even in "causal" games, to an extent.

Maybe I should rephrase...

Okay, when I said casual, I meant ports of internet flash games (chicken shoot >_<) and games from third rate developers (ninjabread man). I didn't imply that games that were causal were bad...I kinda did make it out like that though; my bad. Casual games can be really fun too. I love Half-Life 2, Skies of Arcadia, Portal, Dragon Quest VIII; yet I also love Metal Slug, Mega Man, Mario series, which could be considered casual games. Both Hardcore/casual games can have their charm.

However, I won't take back what I said about there being a serious lack of truly great, original, memorable games at the time. There was some good stuff (Galaxy, Corruption) for a bit, but things kinda slowed down quickly, I must say. And, like I said, Nintendo is barely announcing anything new.

How about Star Wars: The Force Unleashed?

I heard its going to be pretty good. Its for every funcioning console still in sales, not exclusively for Wii, but it should still get some use out of the damned thing, aside from Brawl. Plus, hand motions=force attacks omg.

Unless the Wii version of a game manages to have ridiculously awesome controls, I never take multiplatform games into consideration.

Unless the Wii version of a game manages to have ridiculously awesome controls, I never take multiplatform games into consideration.

I actually heard that they're going to include extra missions or something in the Wii version. I remember someone specifically stating that the Wii version will not be a "me too" port.

It's pretty much my girl-entertaining/virtual console machine. I love it. There's an undeniable lack of core games (but if you'd look around you'd actually find some good games), but I'm way to busy to play it all the time. Also, Fire of Emblem: Radiant Dawn (for wii!) is so good it'll make you cry. There's also a lot of interesting third party games coming out this Halloween.

Yeah, but seriously Nintendo, what the hell is wrong with you?