guitar center is amazing

Lunahorum

I love going in there and fiddling around.

I got a chance to go in and work on a souped up DAW in an acoustically treated room today. OMG it blows FL studio and my bedroom out of the water. That was the fastest I have ever done anything music, and it sounded absolutely amazing. I made this 20 second trance clip that was just pure ownage. $20,000+ worth of stuff at my finger tips.

At MY Guitar Center, they had that rig, with cubase all setup, plus a keyboard, nice-as-hell monitors, a nifty desk, and pretty much everything else imaginable - so try to load cubase [the ONE icon on the desktop] and of course, Steinberg being the gigantic faggots they are, spewed out some error about the licensing not being verified :roll: rendering the entire setup useless.

This is one of the many reasons why I use Renoise. Obviously doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Cubase, but you don't need to pay out your ass for it, sign an insurance form and stick a dongle up your ass to use it.

rageflamesforwebpl1.gif

So yeah, I'll go there to look at stuff but I'll be damned if I buy anything from them - I've had no problems with eBay so far :)

Huh, you both must have Guitar Center Superstores or something because both of the GC's near me have jack shit in the way of nice DAW setups. In fact, I don't think I found anything that has to do with computer music at either of them...

That does sound nice though, I'd like to see what a well-treated room with high-end monitors sounds like.

and of course, Steinberg being the gigantic faggots they are, spewed out some error about the licensing not being verified

Actually, that's your GC being gigantic faggots and not installing it correctly.

This is one of the many reasons why I use Renoise. Obviously doesn't have all the bells and whistles of Cubase, but you don't need to pay out your ass for it, sign an insurance form and stick a dongle up your ass to use it.

You don't have to pay out of your ass for Cubase either and it'd be good if people would purge this meme.

It's not like 90% of the people here need all the features of the big version 4 - the Studio version is more than enough in almost all cases, and even the LE version is pretty good. As for the dongle; it's a blind spot for many companies, but seeing that 4 managed to survive 1 year of the hacker community working frantically to crack it, it was worth the loss in sales of annoyed users for them (and since Cubase has been using a dongle since the Atari days, they were used to it).

I'm not a huge fan of Guitar Center. Every time I go in there the sales people always try to get me to by things I don't need/want. Just leave me alone and let me play with your gear on display in peace. And no, I don't want that ridiculously over price Monster cable that you claim I NEED if I want anything I do to sound decent...

Yea. I pretend like I am interested and like I have the money, and they get out expensive stuff and they want me to try it. It would be nice to try the stuff out just for the hell of it without lying though.

edit: I witnessed a complete moron being ripped off today (I went again, I couldn't help myself) . He told the sales rep that he wanted everything to produce his own music. He didn't know anything about anything. He ended up walking out of the store with little crappy monitors ("all monitors are the same right" he asks), some 8 input audio interface ("you will definitely want this one if you want to do drum micing in the future" the sales rep says), a midi controller, and some other crap. I didn't know what to do. I felt like I should have said something to him.

Oh I was also looking at getting a new midi controller. I was interested in the axiom 61, but they didn't have one out to play on. I asked the guy if I could try one out to feel how the keys felt. He told me they were semi weighted and then directed me to another semi weighted piano to try out so I could feel them haha. Does anyone know how good the velocity is on the axiom 61? I have a keystation pro 88 right now which is nice, but the velocity seems a bit inaccurate which wouldn't be a big deal except that I am a piano player as well as a midi controller player. Also it is 45 pounds or something. Is anyone interested in it? I would sell it for $250 OBO. Everything works like it is new, and I even bought an extra long usb cable for it. I also have the original manual, driver cd, ableton live demo cd, and everything else. I believe it is $350 retail when on sale and $400 normally.