OCR00998 - Chrono Trigger "Time Management"

djpretzel

HO HO HO!

this is AWESOME! I've followed this mix on the WIP.

this is one of my fave ReMixes so far.

this mix actually got me interested in this kind o' music.

let's all shake Bisons hand!

the only "bad" thing about this piece is that he had to cut it down

Awesome.

I'm always a fan of tunes that break cliches, and that's pretty much exactly what E-Bison's done here. The entire intro with the clocks is refreshing, not to mention appropriate. The main (and some backup) synths are closer to horns than strings, which is a welcome variation. The bridges with the returning ticking of the clocks and the time-related quotes (and near-subliminal sample of Leene's Bell I missed the first time around) keep the mix interesting throughout, and the ending once again features the hypnotic clocks, signifying that history repeats itself, or something like that. I can't think of anything that E-Bison could have improved upon, so he gets an A in my book.

E-Bison really really rocks. I've had this song for like 5 months or so (actually I've had the non-ocr/non-cut down version) and it is amazing. I LOVE the use of the clocks. The time management samples are used really well also. I think this may be the most professional sounding mix I've heard coming out of OC. I'm a big fan of E-Bison, including his original work that I think people should check out at www.mp3.com/esb Fantastic stuff.

Now where is Suikostep?

E-Bison FINALLY gets his OCR badge.

For a long time, the regulars here at OCR knew that E-Bison was OCR's best kept secret. Let's hope he releases more quality stuff soon, and it gets posted even sooner.

Download this track: HIGHLY recommended.

Well.. I don't know. It's not anything revolutionary, the clock bit was genius, but everything ELSE was completely standard and not really anything that I would listen to twice.

If he had only taken the clock idea further and developed on it, rather than drowning it in fuzzy techno noise. Ah well.

If there were OC remix forums awards, I believe E-bison would thoroughly deserve the WIP one. Not only has he posted a number of fantastic mixes, but he consistently critiques and attentively helps others improve their remixes. When DJP calls E-bison a "newcomer" (as we know he always does with anyone's first mix) it is purely figurative.

As for 'Time Management': We all know that time is limited. But a day's work has to be accomplished in the same finite 24 hours we each have. Some of us do it. Most do some of it. Some others procrastinate. And some never get around to it.

And one of us, Mr. E-Bison, turns all the clocks back and makes us wonder how he ever got it done.

yh

Love it... enough to drag me out of lurking just to say kudos! I've also got to say I'm enjoying how more and more mixers on this site are including lyrics in their music lately... (or maybe it's my imagination?) Ahhh, but at any rate I can tell I'll be listening to this one for awhile now. Beautiful beautiful. :D

Cool! I wondered for so long why this one wasn't getting accepted. I love it the first time i heard it. I was singing its praises 2 minutes into the song. And it just got better from there on out. I'm so glad this one made it.

Anytime someone says "four on the floor" about anything, its gonna catch my attention. Just cuz I likes those kinda trannys :). But considering I had heard this one a couple months ago, from your FTP, it has been a permanent part of my playlist.

Highly reccomended track!

I thought it was quite funny to hear E-Bison referred to as a "newcomer", seeing as how long he's been here and how long I've had his songs. What can I say? This piece is awesome in every way. High-quality samples, interesting arrangement, numerous added bits and an opening that reminds me of Pink Floyd. Nothing to not like about this song. It puts me in a good mood each time I hear it.

Now we just need more of E-Bison's stuff to get through the judges...

Very fucking cool.

I haven't posted in a while 'cause this site is so "bleh," but this is a great idea. I really like this mix. I'd like to see more creative stuff like this, instead of just the mindless techno Fruityloops default patches (though there are a few mixes on the main page that are excellent as well).

Mad props for the use of the clocks, and the self-help stuff. Most delicious. I hope people like this one and appreciate the creativity. Don't support lack-luster music.

Peace. Keep it real, E-Bison. (and maybe change your name..?)

Amazing.

I never knew this sound could be made into something like this, something so sothing and upbeat at the same time. The song sounds a bit like Trance but I like it. Takes this song to a new level that wont be matched by anyone anytime soon.

Hope to see more from ya man! This is freakin awesome!!!

DOWNLOAD NOW!!

I loved it. Hope to hear more from you soon E-bison. This stuff is A++ this song in particular put me in a state of weird mind for some odd reason. It put me in a different world. It's good to hear good music like this. And I hope you continue to stay in this genre. Heh.

I really dig this track, I downloaded it earlier in the morning (I guess about a day ago now) and only got to listen to it a few times, but now that i'm up again and doing the music/chill thing I've checked it out a few more times. Of course, like everyone else, I really like the clocks, ALOT! They are very well done, and 6 different samples, none the less! By the time the the intro is done with, I dont know where my brain is.

I think actually my favorite part which (i dont beleive has) has yet to be mentioned, is a couple parts where you can hear the Epoch dissapear through time. It's always been a staple of the CT remix, but in this one is sounds particularly cool to me.

The one i'm referring to is at - 4:23

Anyway, great job E-Bison. Keep it up! 8)

O WOW!! i must admit that i was completely taken aback by this mix. I really dont follow most of the WIP's, mostly because i recently started posting and listening more actively to this site, but knowing that this song was available to listen to well before it was posted causes me to kick myself several times over. The clocks in the beginning were absolute genoius, i felt like they were all around me! Usage of the self help quotes were great, along with the game sounds. A++ work there Bison, I look forward to listening to mre you ur stuff

I think everyone here has pretty much put the phrase "wow, I made a kick ass remix. These guys like me!" in your head :P

But allow me to say...

this track oughta be played at some big huge event...like um... a 4th of July laser show?? :lol:

...wait, there's more to this track? SEND IT MY WAY!

First off I will say that I haven't heard the extended version, and I hear that it's better than the cut down version hosted here.

Elsewise it's a good piece. The clock idea was novel, although like someone said before it could of been used more in the song. The track does drag on quite a bit however. This I hear is better in the extended version, and I will have to track down it in order to judge that. The inclusion of the "time management" quotes was brilliant though, and I really liked that part of the track.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00998 - Chrono Trigger "Time Management"