OCR00998 - Chrono Trigger "Time Management"

djpretzel

doody doo. haven't heard the extended version. but these piece... doesn't do well the last 2 minutes in my book.

at

4:21, when the epoch shoots off into time i think would've been the perfect ending.

the following 2 minutes is all stuff that was repeated. would love to get a hold of that extended version though.

though, while that version maybe superior

this version, its just too damn long.

up to that 4:21 moment, a masterpiece though. Love the voice samples. love the clocks. extremely high quality, definitely get multiple listens, but will prolly cut it down myself before it makes it to a cd. ^^;

Kudos to Bison.

~poof!~

Hey Guys! Thanks for the Great Reviews! I'm glad most of you enjoyed the track. All your kind words make me want to do more VG stuff.

For those who didn’t like the track. I’m sorry. If it's to long / repetitive or whatever. The structure made sense when I put it together the first time.

Thanks again.

Keep your eye out for my FF1 Trance Stuff. I hope to do some interesting stuff with those themes, now that the game has been re released.

From the start I knew this was gonna be awsome. The clicking sounds are cool and the way you enter it is just true form of trance madness. Then you enter the main melodie very happily. meloing down, with voice sample, then bringing the beat back altering the melodie just a tad to match the trance style your using and to make it a little more interesting. Ah, breaking it down again with those ticking sounds then bringing it back heavyer with a counter melodie and such. Nice sound as well. I knew you were gonna end with those clickin' sounds...thats what I would have done. Well AWSOME job, this is a keeper for me.

It also makes me want to start remixing again, in this gender in particular.

Peace out.

-Gman

• 3 weeks later...

Very well done.

I liked the use of clocks in this mix, very well done - top-notch samples, I must say. The voice samples were cool too, cute and appropriate. And the use of other CT sounds just brought a big grin to my face. All around a fun, great to listen to mix that makes us CT fans smile. :D

Before I start ranting and raving, I just want to make clear that I like this mix. It's neat, the fact that he managed to make real clock sounds into percussion is neat, and the quotes are neat, and all of it fits with the music.

However, in the ENTIRE 6 and a half minutes of the song, you left out the best part of the song, indeed the best part of the entire CT soundtrack. In fact, it's the best part of human musical achievement! Six and a half minutes of the song and you left THAT out! AAAAAARRRRGGHGHHBLBLHBHLBERGBLE!!

I've been searching, through MIDIs, and this site, for YEARS to find a remix that does the end of chrono's theme justice, and I was sure this would have been it, if you had included it at ALL. It seems the original rgm is still the best rendition out there :roll:

(yes, I've heard the chrono cross theme with the neato violin thing and all. I still like the CT version better.)

• 9 months later...

The clocks at the beginning, are in my opinion the greatest element of this song. They keep a constant rhythm throughout the entire song. I really like songs that start out slow and speed up as the song goes on. This starts out just that way. I really love the first 1:18 of the song. I love playing it at a high volume.

The voice clips are very decent and go along with the song quite well. Someone wondered what the first clip said, and I think I can make out some of it. I think it says:

"All those dreams of the past, those dreams of falling and flying, of the constant (something) into the world of astral travel."

I think I hear "rememberance" in there somewhere, but I'm not sure. The second one is easy to understand. I really like the sword sound after it, around 4:21. All in all, this is a very well made song. It's one of my favorites, and I'm glad to make it my first review.

The song slows down perfectly, going in reverse to how it started, with each clock stopping.

Great job E-Bison!

• 2 months later...

I think DJ pretzel summed it all up. The mixing of the clocks in and out at the beginning and exit of the song was a great touch, the theme of time management (Self-help tapes) was a nice flair too. Dropping in the heavy bass at the beginning was a great touch, right into the make-you-wanna-breakdance section. All and all, everything was done nicely to keep it consistently interesting. I've never seen so much work go into a techno song. Kudos to you, Bison-sama.

• 6 months later...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is my favorite remix on the entire site. It's got a flavor and intensity that I haven't found in any other song.

There are two things that really make this song for me--

1. The clocks (of course). Fitting with Time Management and the entire Chrono Trigger bit, using clocks (at least in some sections) as the base for the beat was a little bit more than just "clever" in my opinion. The sampling and reworking of the clocks shows, and I never imagined that the right combination of clocks and such could work out to such a kickin' beat.

2. The Dot-Matrix printer thing. For some reason, whenever someone says "Time Management" now I think of this song, and the main three notes the dot-matrix thing does throughout the song. It really adds the heart to this song which, I must confess, would just be a bunch of technoish stuff to me if it weren't there.

Admittedly, there are a few things I don't *love* about the song, but they're pretty minor. The synth whatever that is going on tends to wear on the listener a bit when it isn't accompanied by the... printer sound.

Unlike others, I don't find the song "too short" at all. I really couldn't see any other way to put this song together in the way it's constructed. It seems complete and balanced to me... But again, I really like this song so I'm a little partial.

The "Dreams of the past" quote is just damn cool too and fits perfectly in with the music. I'm a fan of voice clips and such worked into technoish stuff.

Really nice work on this. Again, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's my favorite mix on the entire site.

-Dust

• 1 month later...
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is my favorite remix on the entire site. It's got a flavor and intensity that I haven't found in any other song.

There are two things that really make this song for me--

1. The clocks (of course). Fitting with Time Management and the entire Chrono Trigger bit, using clocks (at least in some sections) as the base for the beat was a little bit more than just "clever" in my opinion. The sampling and reworking of the clocks shows, and I never imagined that the right combination of clocks and such could work out to such a kickin' beat.

2. The Dot-Matrix printer thing. For some reason, whenever someone says "Time Management" now I think of this song, and the main three notes the dot-matrix thing does throughout the song. It really adds the heart to this song which, I must confess, would just be a bunch of technoish stuff to me if it weren't there.

Admittedly, there are a few things I don't *love* about the song, but they're pretty minor. The synth whatever that is going on tends to wear on the listener a bit when it isn't accompanied by the... printer sound.

Unlike others, I don't find the song "too short" at all. I really couldn't see any other way to put this song together in the way it's constructed. It seems complete and balanced to me... But again, I really like this song so I'm a little partial.

The "Dreams of the past" quote is just damn cool too and fits perfectly in with the music. I'm a fan of voice clips and such worked into technoish stuff.

Really nice work on this. Again, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's my favorite mix on the entire site.

-Dust

Yeah, this is my favorite song on the site too. Everything just fits in, like clockwork... :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

after learning this song on the piano, I've really respected the original song alot, and I really didn't think that this one provided the right kind of intro...it's just really messy, and chaotic. once the intro is over, the good stuff happens, and that when it does the song complete justice. Much more claming now, and alot better organization. Maybe this sequence was done deliberately portraying that 'time' is all messed up at the beginning and then things clear up and start making sense, then the next sequence of the song isn't so much chaotic, but more complicated.....I love those vocal clips, and I really like the ending.

• 2 months later...

Six clocks? Couldn´t have been six bells, that´s more beautiful. Well, it´s Bisons remix, I should not complain.

Groovy trance mix dude, and the clocks really did melt together, especially at the end where it ends with the same clock rhytm as the beginning, the remix starts over again and you dont even know it. Smart. 8)

But as for the rest of it, I don´t really know if I like it or not, although this is a time management, I didn´t really like that newsreader voice. But this song had all it all that the other trance remixes on this site has, so this ain´t bad, those who like trance, listen to it and you´re stuck.

By the way, I thought I had heard that clock around 4:04 before, and now I know: It´s from the beginning of the game.

I will keep an eye out for your FF1 stuff.

Nice work Bison.

• 2 months later...
Yes, yes, yes! Very well done. It's nice to hear a high energy CT mix, especially one that's done so well, with marvelous game and voice samples. Bravo.

And am I the only one that's reminded of Back to the Future by the clocks at the beginning?

Actually I think so too, thats probally what hooked me into the song at first, but since my favorite song of CT was Chrono Trigger, I have to admit that this is a really good rendition of this song, so yea Kudos to you E-Bison!

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00998 - Chrono Trigger "Time Management"