OCR01754 - Castlevania II "Castle of Tears"

djpretzel

Ahhh damn guys. EPIC. You simply cannot be affected by the pure energy that drives this mix. At first I was maybe a bit alienated by the electronic, almost techno(ish) feel of the song but as it truly kicked in I was just completely blown away by the energy and vibe of it all. LOTS of stuff going on in there but it all adds up to one beautiful arrangement. Excellent.

Thanks!

Ok... I somehow doubt it, but would you happen to be NemisisTheory on Newgrounds? Because she made Bloody Tears: Castle of Tears on Newgrounds like.. 1-3 months ago, and this is the exact same song as the second version she made unless you did some mild changes. Even the running time is the same, however. Forgive me for my lack of trust, but I believe that that needs to be said.:!:

Other than that, I love this song. I've been listening to it for a while before it became available here, so the initial 'wow' is gone, but it's still an amazing and rather emotional remix.

I have no idea what it is, but for some reason this mix is like a throwback mix for me, reminding me of the style of some old goodies posted on OCRemix way back when. It definitely maintains the energy throughout the 6 minutes (!), and man, I can't really say anything else besides that it's awesome. The techno-ish sounding elements surprised me, but also surprisingly fit, so that's all good and cool. Good stuff here.

Ok... I somehow doubt it, but would you happen to be NemisisTheory on Newgrounds? Because she made Bloody Tears: Castle of Tears on Newgrounds like.. 1-3 months ago, and this is the exact same song as the second version she made unless you did some mild changes. Even the running time is the same, however. Forgive me for my lack of trust, but I believe that that needs to be said.:!:

Other than that, I love this song. I've been listening to it for a while before it became available here, so the initial 'wow' is gone, but it's still an amazing and rather emotional remix.

Hey!

I thought I'd respond to this post since it needs some clearing up. She's indeed part of the whole DigiE/Infinity Entertainment/Symphonic Storms (it's a long running--) 'thing' and we pretty much share our work on that NG page and here respectively. The thing is we only submit, what we think, is the best of our work since OCR deserves no less. So there's a lot more stuff on NG, and not that much on OCR (yet).

About the timeframe, there's no comparing the OCR qeue to the "press a button to submit" from NG, so the time it takes for it to pop in on OCR takes a while longer, if "YESsed". :)

Also it's great to see you guys like it. I know for a fact Sanjay (Genesis) loves to read reviews, and is easily excitable about feedback. ;)

Hey!

I thought I'd respond to this post since it needs some clearing up. She's indeed part of the whole DigiE/Infinity Entertainment/Symphonic Storms (it's a long running--) 'thing' and we pretty much share our work on that NG page and here respectively. The thing is we only submit, what we think, is the best of our work since OCR deserves no less. So there's a lot more stuff on NG, and not that much on OCR (yet).

About the timeframe, there's no comparing the OCR qeue to the "press a button to submit" from NG, so the time it takes for it to pop in on OCR takes a while longer, if "YESsed". :)

Also it's great to see you guys like it. I know for a fact Sanjay (Genesis) loves to read reviews, and is easily excitable about feedback. ;)

Ah, thank you for clearing that up. In that case, awesome job! This would have to be one of my favorite songs. Sure, I may have several favorites, but it goes in that group none the less. There is quite a lot of emotion in this song, which in my opinion is partially what makes it stand out over others. Keep up the good work!

I think a little less reverb on this one, as well as a bit more part separation would have made it cleaner, but this is definitely something I can rock out to, mud or no. The beats are crisp at least.

I am a massive fan (and potential abuser) of gated synths, and you really brought it on this one. Great breakdowns, some very nice additional partwriting, and good sound choices. I'm way down with the leads, and I loved how you saved the original pedal point section until the halfway point. I was waiting for it the whole time, and when it finally hit I was all :nicework:.

I liked the whole thing, except the end was a bit weak, but overall great stuff. Well played, comrades.

Any possibility of getting an extended mix of the melancholy piano/bass mix at the end there?

That part was my favorite, and I'd love to have maybe just a loop or something... I dunno how many others are in agreement, but honestly, that part was so damn jam-worthy and it's only the last bit...

Mind you the rest of the song is also epic.

Heya, thought i'd sign up just to say great job to you and Nemesis on composing the remix. You two did a great job. And thanks for clearing up the whole bit about who made what. I wasn't sure if you were the same person or just another song thief. Good job

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01754 - Castlevania II "Castle of Tears"