PRC129: For the love of Amaterasu...! (Okami)

Rexy

The People's Remix Competition 129

PRCv5-25

Hello everyone and welcome to the People's Remix Competition!

Seroiusly, just saying that is already making me feel a little subdued. To think, this would be the last proper contest that I will look upon as a host. I swear, I need to come up with some kind of speech for the end of PRC130 or something. O.o

Looking into the more recent past, PRC128 provided some much needed Mario Galaxy representation. Though the turnout didn't turn out to be something to cry home about, the variety was excellent all around and it all came from a cheery fresh-out-of-Labor-Day effort from Hylian Lemon which secured the fate of where this current competition would go.

Technically, we can say that we're still sticking with the Wii, even though this particular game also has a release on the PlayStation 2. We are talking about one of the last games of the great Clover Studios before Capcom's decision to dissolve the team, and an epic tale concerning Japanese folklore, wolf goddesses and - wait for it - painting. It's a weird combination, but it works!

prc129.png

"I was ecstatic when I found a good midi for this source; I had been wanting to choose something from this game for a while. I first experienced it when it came out for the Wii, and I was surprised at the lack of remixes, since it had previously been released on the PS2 and had amazing music. So here we go! I think this song has a good amount to work with."

Okami - Cursed Shinshuu Plains

MIDI | MP3

Man, if I wasn't in the middle of finishing up a work placement, I'd take part in this in a heartbeat. I'm with Ben on this one - Okami is FANTASTIC, and I advise everyone who loves videogames to get out there and play it. :D Eh, enough with the excitement already...!

GOOD LUCK!

Fine Print:

PRC instructions

1. If you happen to be mixing this song already, start over in the interests of fairness.
  2. Limitations at ThaSauce require your entry to be 6MB or less in size. Length for length's sake and MIDI rips are not allowed.
  3. Entries must be posted in the ThaSauce link by NEXT SATURDAY, September 20th at 11:59 am Eastern US Time.
  4. You may enter as many mixes as you like and work with as many people as you like on each mix.
  5. Do not make qualitative comments on an entry until the results of the vote have been posted.
  6. Mixers cannot vote for themselves but if they vote they recieve a free first place vote added onto their score.
  7. The winner of the previous contest can't take part but their vote will be doubled.

Doulifee's PRC Archives! If you need help with hosting your mix, contact myself or Doulifee, and we'll help you out.

Interesting song.. It's quite nice. I'll see what I can do =P

EDIT: Arg, couldn't work on this nearly as much as I wanted (actually, virtually all of this mix was made on the first day) so it sounds more of a WiP, lacking the subtle details like crash ccymbals and snare rolls and stuff. Hopefully you'll enjoy it nonetheless ^_^

*Submits*

Bagh... only 2 entries. Might as well get on with it, in spite of the poor turnout. :(

The mixing stage is over. The voting stage has begun! You are instructed to visit the ThaSauce page, check out both entries and make your judgment on which is better by filling in the form at the bottom. Contestants don't need to vote as they won't affect the final outcome. The winner of PRC128 (Hylian Lemon) has a vote that counts twice, so let's hope you win them over. You have until Thursday, September 25th at 11:59AM EDT to make your vote.

PRC130 will be a special event and will start as soon as this compo is over. The winner will get to choose the source tune for PRC131!

Binweasel - La Mort de ce Belle Vie

setokaibarocket - Son of the Shogun

Alright! Just before we get involved with the anniversary (which will start today), we shall look on at the results for this round. It's been very close, but I can reveal that someone managed to (do this), while someone else lost their Celestial Brush. But whom?

Total number of votes - 6

Total number of mixes - 2

Highest possible score - 12

The winner of PRC129 is setokaibarocket with 10 points!

Once again the early bird catches the worm. Congratulations on your win! You know what to do regarding source tune selection - I won't be surprised if you pick yet another Fire Emblem theme though. :P

Since your choice is for PRC131, you have 2 full weeks to think over the source tune - plenty of time to make a decision. Once you're done, send your source tune selection to Bundeslang - hopefully if the ThaSauce staff time this right, he will coordinate PRC once PRC130 is over.

I'll meet you there for... *sniff* the last PRC that I will EVER host! :( But still, let's see PRC's fifth season end in style!