OCR00999 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Savage Seduction"

djpretzel

• 5 weeks later...
:D i can't stop moveing, i just love this song. it remind's me of stuff like janet jackson and other 80's and 90's pop grops. big up's on this one man,i'm saveing it right now. keep up the good work.

I agree to the fullest, the 80´s has made a tremendous comeback using Pro as their tool....or maybe not. WHO KNOWS?

With that put aside, this was a real groovy mix from the man himself. He dug up some cool style from the past to make the music today. Ironic eh? Anyway, loved it. Can´t really say much about what you, used, some very good synths, beats and funky drums. This sounds like Michael Jackson, maybe even better!

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

2:13 - 2:53 is kinda annoying. Keeps the basis of the repetition going on the whole time, on top of an annoying melody. Afterwards it repeats the same thing except a lot better sounding, though still repetitious. I like everything before 2:13, though. By the time the cowbell is gone (at a good place to stop, though), the song doesn't seem like it really finishes even when it's doing all that varying percussion work and staticky-wind effects. I put this on a car cd thinking it was going to be awesome the whole way through, but compared to Assembly Line Apparitions being right before this track on the cd, it was rather weak after 2:13. Cool whole-song if you're obsessed over DKC.

edit: seems like I like it more now somehow. The beginning still does sound really good, comparably.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

Oh yeah, this is a good one to groove to. Just feel that beat and move yo' feet! The only thing that would make this remix of the Lost World Jungle....is.....(gotta say it).....more cowbell! I really like from 4:19 to 4:50. Good mix of that particular chorus.

• 9 months later...

This is a little less straightforward than the other DKC2 Protricity mixes. Arrangement, while showcasing enormous amount of both talent and love for the material, seems a little more scattershot and chaotic with so much else surrounding it. This mix is anything but contemplative; that beat is so consistent and is always carrying you to the next movement of the song at an extremely hurried pace. That's awesome when you want to get your funk on, but not so much when you want to admire the amount of work that went into rearranging these melodies. Many repeat listenings are recommended to fully appreciate this.

I still consider this the black sheep of the Protricity's DKC2 series, but only because it has a totally different flavour and emphasis. This one seems to be less about doing a great original source the most amount of justice, and more about just making a slick, hard-edged electo-dance track backed up by the strength of Dave Wise's legendary compositions and some awesome percussion. Again, Prot pours a generous amount of his production talent over it all, so let there be no suggestion that this is in anyway a drop in quality. It's merely a different direction and experience.

• 1 year later...

I love whenever Protricity does Donkey Kong. This mix has such a cool beat that makes the original seem like a rockin' source. The ending keeps that mellow feel that the whole game kind of had for me as a kid. The whole song really stands out as a great tune from an all around great soundtrack and I love the sound of the drums.

Very seductive indeed.

• 3 years later...

Right off the bat, cymbal-ish tap + shaker + bass = bright 'n spicy synthwork. They help establish an ongoing groove that makes me imagine that Cat-O'-9-Tails enemy almost constantly spinning to the beat. Flow is top-notch, from the warping wake-up call at 0:31 down to the extended wrap-up section at 5:40+, so I'm always groovin'. The main lead and faint choir help color the mood in a way that says "be alert - there are near-hellish dangers to consider," which only adds to the jungle-feverish hawtness. I also like how the source-originating quip at 4:34 keeps on repeating - it's like Protricity decided to take it for a spin on a playground roundabout and see how long it would maintain its power and appeal.

Hot, glowy, and untouchable.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR00999 - Donkey Kong Country 2 "Savage Seduction"