Mobo question

L.T.W.

Yeah, it is 5Y/old :|

Im really broke right now and no one in my family wants a new computer, so I gotta save to get a new one.

A friend recommended me refurbished PCs from Dell, went there and looks like good deals, anyone have had any experience buying refurbished Dell computers?

Yeah, it is 5Y/old :|

Im really broke right now and no one in my family wants a new computer, so I gotta save to get a new one.

A friend recommended me refurbished PCs from Dell, went there and looks like good deals, anyone have had any experience buying refurbished Dell computers?

My family has bought, I think, 3 refurb Dell PCs and has never had any major problems. If you can find a machine with specs you like, it's a much better deal than buying it new. Make sure you read the item listings carefully so you know exactly what you're getting.

If you put more than 1gb of RAM your motherboard will still just read 1gb, no harm done.

If you plan on working inside of a computer never buy from Dell. They like to use funky proprietary designs in many of their parts and it can cause major headaches down the road. Plus if you go to newegg.com and make a super low budget build it will be cheaper and more functional than any Dell.

Looks good, except that there are two motherboards. You've also got no operating system.

Effef is absolutely correct about working inside of a Dell. I would also like to point out that Gateway computers are a pleasure to work in- I recently bought this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883113071 and it was a good deal for me. It does come with vista 64 but you can load whatever you prefer on it of course.

yes the vid card is integrated, why would it be a bad idea if its cheap?

Intergrated graphics tend to be absolute, fucking shit when it comes to heavy graphical games; or anything graphically intensive for that matter...

If you try to play something such as... The F.E.A.R. collection or perhaps even Quake III Arena without a decent seperate graphics card, you will make your new pc cry in agony...

Here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150316

knock yourself out

Here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131320

Buy it when you can

IMO I wouldn't bother wasting cash on refurbished anything when it comes to pcs. Just build one from scratch.

You're the one that recommended me that mobo in the 1st place, why so heated?

Intergrated graphics tend to be absolute, fucking shit when it comes to heavy graphical games; or anything graphically intensive for that matter...

If you try to play something such as... The F.E.A.R. collection or perhaps even Quake III Arena without a decent seperate graphics card, you will make your new pc cry in agony...

Here

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150316

knock yourself out

The only games I'd be getting the new pc for are C&CRA3, Spore, SC2 and WoW:WotLK. They are not that graphic hungry, right?

EDIT: I think I'll got for Starla's suggestion + http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150316.

Seem like a very good deal.

You're the one that recommended me that mobo in the 1st place, why so heated?

The only games I'd be getting the new pc for are C&CRA3, Spore, SC2 and WoW:WotLK. They are not that graphic hungry, right?

I'm not heated I'm actually being very short and simple with my comments. :)!!

You will need a good graphics card no matter what. Not even the best mobo in the world would EVER have good graphical capabilities.

Spore, SC2, C&CRA3 and WoW:WotLK will demand you to have a good graphics card. In fact I suggest you take a look at the system requirements of all and any games you want for the PC. In each of their listings it will mention the need of a graphics card.

The only games that wouldn't require heavy graphical capability would be an SNES emulator and anything else below that.

Just trying to help you and educate ya.

Oh I absolutely agree, integrated video sucks balls. I ended up putting a 7950 GT i bought off of pyrion in mine. However, the onboard video that came with the computer i bought was actually not half bad. In fact it was probably better than my old computer running a 6600 GT AGP with 2gb of ram.

But with the new video card, she eats up everything i throw at her <3

It almost looks like you've got enough parts for TWO computers on that wishlist. Seriously, clear some of that wishlist out, it's confusing commenting on what you're thinking of buying if you have multiple items covering the same thing on it. Two motherboards, two power supplies, WTF?

Oh, as for power supplies, I have one of these.