Mega Man 2 for Wii VC

The Damned

MM2 does have a few trouble spots though. Namely the dragon and the beams of light that can kill instantly. It's much less forgiving than MM3, and that's why I think MM3 is the more fun and complete game. Though MM3 has its share of tough boss battles and crazier gauntlet of boss robot battles.

Honestly though, I've beaten 3 through 6, with 4 being my favorite personally. It wasn't so much a problem with MegaMan2, but the first game I think had some serious control issues. Simply put, he didn't jump far enough. Capcom would put that next platform you needed to get to at the absolute bleeding edge of your jump range, and sometimes beyond. So you had to invent workarounds to even continue playing the game. Nostalgia doesn't get in my way on this one, so I'm willing to call that bad design that detracts from the fun factor of the game.

I just realized something, for those having real problems actually getting through Megaman 2 (really shouldn't), go play Megamari, comparing the bullshit the characters Marisa Kirisame and Alice Margetroid got to go through and Megaman in MM2, MM2 is much easier...

for fucking serious

I can't even get through the damned levels, much less beat the bosses

Sorry, but I think this game is just far too ancient. MM2 was the turning point, but MM3 just had the most going for it since you basically fight 16 robot bosses and the story was just amazing with the introduction of Protoman.

I agree with injin here somewhat. Having notalgia for none of the early mm games, I played them all in succession several years back. I liked 2, 3, and 6, with 3 being the best.

MM2 is a fantastic game, but it lacks the SLIDE! MM3 had a lot going for it, in the slide, the "do harder versions of 4 stages," the better wily fight, protoman, and the exclusion of that one nigh impossible crash man bomb puzzle (with the turrets, FUCK that one, you KNOW what I'm talking about).

the exclusion of that one nigh impossible crash man bomb puzzle (with the turrets, FUCK that one, you KNOW what I'm talking about).

LMAO yes I know exactly what you're talking about. Turns out you needed to use one of your non-robot master abilities to really get around. I didn't find this out until 5-10 years later -_-

Though I do feel MM2 set up the real basic outline about how the other MM games would be, MM3 was definitely the "final blueprint". Besides who didn't think shadow man was cool as hell back in the day?

I just realized something, for those having real problems actually getting through Megaman 2 (really shouldn't), go play Megamari, comparing the bullshit the characters Marisa Kirisame and Alice Margetroid got to go through and Megaman in MM2, MM2 is much easier...

heheh, just wait until you see I Wanna Be The Guy!

I also like to add that despite 2's fun factor, I'd say 3 was the turning point as mentioned earlier, especially since MM3 arguably is the longest of the series as well as possibly the hardest if you don't know what you're doing...

4 (personal favorite) just tweaked it a little more with the addition of a charged shot as well as nearly impossible to beat bosses without the right weapon. (1 or 2 of them at least)

I can still beat pharoah man with just the buster cannon though... :)!!

Pretty much...MM4's Ring Man was particularly difficult, the way I remember it. Ahh, the good days, when I accidentally dropped down the hole in Dive Man's level only to find Wire. Good times.

Still need to pick up MM2 on VC...

I like 2 a lot. 3 is probably the better game overall, considering it has a better mix of useful weapons (aside from the ungodly powerful Metal Blade), but personally, 2 is my favorite. I like the bosses, I love the music, and it's just a lot of fun in general. Yeah, it's a bit antiquated even compared to Mega Man 3 and that Dragon boss and Crash Bomb puzzle are retardedly cheap. But in spite of it, 2 is a game I truly enjoy.

Oddly enough, I've beaten Mega Man 3, but never Mega Man 2. I blame the damn dragon. XD

Also, I Wanna Be The Guy is pure masochism by comparison to ANY Mega Man game. Period. The game is so stupidly, retardedly hard that it's hilarious. Well, that and some of the traps are just so out there and random you can't help but laugh.

Pretty much...MM4's Ring Man was particularly difficult, the way I remember it. Ahh, the good days, when I accidentally dropped down the hole in Dive Man's level only to find Wire. Good times.

Still need to pick up MM2 on VC...

Mega Man 4 was the one in the series I grew up with. Such an awesome game with great music. My favorite out of the first 4. Then 7 and 8 are really good; grew up with those too. 9 will probably be so sexy too. 1, 2, and 3 I didn't play until much later in life (i.e. emulators).

I grew up with all the Super NES Mega Man X's too.