OCR01755 - StarTropics "FlowTropiks"

djpretzel

AAAHHH!!!! StarTropics is one of my favorite games of the NES and I'm so glad to see it get some more OCR lovin'!

Indeed, the mix is smooth and snazzy and really fits a certain mood of the game...like an epilogue or something where Mikey and the lead alien girl spend a romantic evening on the beach or something...

Don't know exactly who did what; hopefully one of the fellas can chime in with specifics.

Larry pretty much has it right:

it was really cool seeing Chris take charge on this one and lead the arrangement, supplemented with those analoq spices

I went to Hemo's place a few times and laid down some chords with lead lines and he'd run with it. Rather impressive he was able to take my disjointed noodlings and turn them into a cohesive piece of music that flows. All the transitions, counter-melodies, walking bass and additional arrangement were conceived with almost no direction from myself and yet it all fits like a glove.

cheers to Hemo for putting this together.

or something where Mikey and the lead alien girl spend a romantic evening on the beach or something...

or something indeed... Hemo came up with the analoqistic title, I wanted to call it Mica's Dirty Knickers

analoq is back! Yesssssssss

I think it's more akin to my visage appearing on a grilled cheese sandwich (delicious!) rather than say a Second Coming.

• 2 weeks later...

Classy and chill, if there was ever an OCR beach party, this would be perfect for the end of the night when things were winding down.

The judges seem to have an issue with the drums, and while I can see their point of view, I think they take on a more textural quality than a driving force, and if they were crisper, I don't think the song would have the same mood.

I love the rhodes and the sortof saxish synth, and the dense noodling throughout is really nice.

Great track, excellent work, gentlemen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

The intro synth melody is a little clicky, but once the track gets started, it's just great. Nice and relaxing. If you know the other remix of this track, you'll love the contrast between them.

Great track for just chillin'. Has a very summer-evening kind of feel, and of course, a certain amount of tropical feel. And like summers where I live, it's too short.

• 4 months later...

I didn't think too much of this ReMix at first... but it's really grown on me since I've thought about it and started listening to it. I just love love LOVE what's been done with the melody here, and it's so smooth I can't help but enjoy this to death. This is one of those ReMixes that I can just kick back, and let it give me peace.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 years later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01755 - StarTropics "FlowTropiks"