Megaman ZX remix sketches

PrototypeRaptor

So, I'm having massive writer's block. I have around 5 mixes in various stages plus a few quintets I have to write for my comp professor...bleh. I know what it's time for::sleepdepriv:

Anyway, here are two sketches that I've had simmering on the back burner for awhile that require some motivation to finish...haha. They are 2 tracks from megaman zx, a rather catchy OST that is surprisingly unremixed here.

- area A: green grass gradiation: aside from being one of the catchiest tunes since the old nes series, nothing special here...

remixed in a trance style much like the original

link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=6894575

-area F: wonder panorama: this little ditty inspired a daft punkesque remix a while back; it's really laid-back and 4 on the 4loor, I like it. It's pretty much done...what do you think?

link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=6894582

anyway, let me know what you think, and I'll try to figure out what to write...XD

Area A... IT'S ARGHLOUD!!

As for the music, it's enjoyable, tho a little heavy on the highs, imo. Reverse crashes and high synths ('cept the lead after 1:00) could use a bit of high-range trimming.

I think this could be awesome, it's already good. Oh wait, singing!? The song is a little too exposed, too upfront, could use some reverb, maybe a delay too. Post lyrics, it's easier to analyse lyrics when you've got them in writing.

No source link, no source comparison. But good track.

Area F... Hm...

Not as appealing to me. It's interesting, has some really cool sounds. It's also loud. And I started liking it just before it ended. Says something about my musical preferences.

No source link, no comparison. Decent track. Do the other one first. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I really love where Area A is going. Really catchy, and overall, a great trance tune. My personal preference is against vocals. My personal music collection almost has zero lyrical songs in it. Let me specify that I don't think there's anything wrong with your singing or your lyrics specifically, it's just that lyrics usually ruin music for me (and again this is for me only)... they tend to make a track feel repetitive that I could normally listen to over and over. ...Try to think of it like when somebody explains something over and over to you that you already understand. It just irritates me.

That said, I would totally download and keep a copy of your Area A mix if it had no lyrics. I would probably still love it if it had an instrument playing in the vocalist's place. Don't suppose I could bother you for a no lyrics version when you have it all complete, eh? :-P

Also, your Area F mix is so Megaman. I like it a lot. In fact, I think I love it. From 1:00 - 1:33 is so great, and the progression that kicks in after that just feels right. If you find a way to extend this track by another minute or so, perhaps adding in another big layer of intensity / high-adrenaline beat, this might be one of my favorite tracks this year.

I'm not a music expert, but I know what I like and what I don't, so...

Area A:

Been waiting a remix of this, not the easiest song to remix.

Start's a bit slow, about at 1:00 mark starts getting awesome, then keeps going until the singing...

There's nothing wrong with the singing, it just doesn't fit this track at all, sorry, but the singing ruins the rest of song for me. Without the singing, this would be awesome all the way trough. I hope I didn't offend you.

Can't say anything about the Area F remix yet...

• 4 weeks later...

Alright, I finally finished up the area F remix...it's got a proper ending now and all sorts of bells and whistles! Is it ready for the judges?

link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=6894582

Also, my roommate requested a very strange remix that at first I didn't think would work...but it actually turned out rather cool.

Super Mario Underground DiscoFunk...eh, I didn't really want to make a new thread for it, so you can leave comments for it here. It's not OCR material IMO...too liberal.

link: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=866156&songID=7047863

well, that's all I have for you guys now: comments, suggestions, etc, etc, etc, are all welcome.

Ooh it's so nice to hear someone give Area F some love. The heavy bass intro is fun. The change at 2:13 seems a tad abrupt but it's not a big deal. The piano following sounds a bit muted to me, though. I keep thinking it should sound a little more rich/clear... I dunno, I guess as an icy-water area it brings to mind more crystalline sounds. That aside though, it's a fun, enjoyable take on the original.