Weapons that should be in games but aren't...

purplecowadoom

And why exactly am I not aloud to post in my own thread? Seriously now. Free country USA guys. Get a moderator in here if you hate me that much. The rest of us will continue to do our own thing until then.

Now:

What we need here is something like Samus' grapple beam, only the beam is emitted from a very large spike which you could yank the victim onto. Then throw them at someone else. Or use them as a shield.

How do you post aloud?

THIS THREAD IS A JOKE.

damnoallcaps

Then why are you here?

A Fire-Bow. Not a bow that shoots flaming arrows, a fire-bow like you use to start a fire in the woods.

Very cool. Now we're gettin' somewhere. I shall try to build on this dynamic. Hmm..................................................................................................................................

Okay how about this: To start with it's a giant four-point shuriken that you control with electromagnetics, but if you press hard into a tiny point in the middle of it, it splits into two halves which can be used as blades individually or reconnected at the tips to form a bow with syphoning plasma for a bowstring (which could be pulled back like any other bowstring using special gloves).

With a name like "Purple Cow", you're just asking for it.

But seriously, get a blog.

I wont get a blog for the following reasons:

A) They're too much work.

B)No one looks at them but the person writing them and people who stumble on them by accident (who never go there again)

C)Because you told me to after questioning the greatness of purplecowdom, and I resent that.

I'd like to see a pistol that shoots needles. No, not the Needler. Not the Spiker either. I mean like the needles you get shots with, minus the syringe. Shooting someone with it would be easy, but it would demonstrate true skill in the player that kills with it, as you would need to hit your target perfectly through a vital point on their body to kill them (Such as the heart or brain) Unlike other guns though, only these types of places would kill anyone at all. Other spots wouldn't ever kill someone, even if they were one shot away from being dead.

I don't know. It just sounds cool to me. What would you want to see in a weapon? FYI, it doesn't have to be physically plausible, because it'd be in a game.

Oh, while I'm at it, here's another ridiculously awesome idea: The Leech Dart. This biomechanical nightmare is basically everything that a Metroid does to a person after latching onto their face, packed inside a readily accessible projectile. The only difference being that instead of it taking a few seconds to drain away their life energy, giving them a few moments time to yank it out and throw it back at you (although that could be cool too), it happens instantaneously.

I'd like to see a pistol that shoots needles. No, not the Needler. Not the Spiker either. I mean like the needles you get shots with, minus the syringe. Shooting someone with it would be easy, but it would demonstrate true skill in the player that kills with it, as you would need to hit your target perfectly through a vital point on their body to kill them (Such as the heart or brain) Unlike other guns though, only these types of places would kill anyone at all. Other spots wouldn't ever kill someone, even if they were one shot away from being dead.

IT'S CALLED A TRANQUILIZER GUN.

God, you keep describing things that have not only been done, but actually exist! Fuck.