Weapons that should be in games but aren't...

purplecowadoom

Ok, its this thing, it uses an explosive substance to propel a small metal implement, shaped like a spike.

How about something original. Picture two nail guns, held in both hands. The nails have a line of barb wire between them, so you have to shoot with the left and right hands at the same time.

Or maybe one gun, with split barrels, that shoot at a slight angle, producing the same effect.

No, I think he's describing a flechette gun.

Yep. Sounds about right. Only a lot tinier needles.

You guys want something original? Okay. The Paper Blade (w/hint of lemon juice). Just like it sounds it's a blade made of paper. It gives people paper-cuts. The lemon juice then seeps into the wound, substantially increasing the pain factor.

what a bout a gun wher if u shoot it u are on fire but the fier dosent hurt you then u can run into enemys and meake them on fore but tihs time the fore hurts them too and they bunr to deth

or mabey a gun whger it shoots a base ball bat at your enemys and then when it hits you can sat "homer run"

I haven't exactly been as active as I used to be around here, but...

Is this "quality" of thread common theseadays? Serious question. I thought he was a troll from the first post... (I would imagine that even a year ago, the mods would have dropped by over some of these responses - not that I don't think they're ill-befitting of the thread author.)

EDIT: Understand, if you can, that I wrote this before DjSammyG posted...

I haven't exactly been as active as I used to be around here, but...

Is this "quality" of thread common theseadays? Serious question. I thought he was a troll from the first post... (I would imagine that even a year ago, the mods would have dropped by over some of these responses - not that I don't think they're ill-befitting of the thread author.)

EDIT: Understand, if you can, that I wrote this before DjSammyG posted...

This is the kind of thread that purpwhatever posts, yeah.

It's pretty much purperson-specific.

I apologize if it was unclear, but my post was meant to be parodical of the inherent nature of these threads, and was not entered seriously. :3

EVERY SINGLE SPELLING MISTAKE was calculated to display the kind of childish, dumb, and simplistic nature of threads like these. It actually pissed me off to read this thread- at least it's one of few of its kind.

Purplecowofdoom, get some damn imagination. Perhaps this thread would be acceptable if you were a game designer or moviemaker looking to brainstorm ideas for unique weapons to put in a game. As it is, it's a giant circlejerk(odd, considering you're the only one who still takes this thread seriously) brainstorming session with no end to work towards, and no brains to feed it.

how about a big boxy gun called the Meat Grinder it has a chute on top and grinding gears in the boxy part and a big tank coming out the back and there is no ammo for it, you must pick up dead players and stuff them in the top and they get ground up and then when you hold down the trigger it sprays their guts out a nozzle in the front and each blob does not much damage but there are a lot of guts spraying everywhere!! also it sprays bone shards mixed in with the guts and these do much more damage

Purplecowofdoom, get some damn imagination. Perhaps this thread would be acceptable if you were a game designer or moviemaker looking to brainstorm ideas for unique weapons to put in a game. As it is, it's a giant circlejerk(odd, considering you're the only one who still takes this thread seriously) brainstorming session with no end to work towards, and no brains to feed it.

ouch... harsh!

I know! a gun that verbally abuses those that the gun is aimed at. It doesn't hurt them physically but it lowers their self confidence and hurts their feelings a little.

d'awwwwww

btw I don't hate you purplemanofspoon, i just think you can do better than this. It's really not that hard to come up with an engaging question- look, here I go.

How about...

The New Nostalgia: What was lost between mario kart 64 and MK: wii? In my dorm, we have an n64 and an Xbox. The n64 sees much more wear and tear than the Xbox, even though the games library for the 64 is sparse and we only have 2 controllers. Why is this?

See? That only took like a minute. And notice it's open ended- this question could have any number of answers, perhaps not even relating to video games. Hopefully some would share their views and opinions on the cultural impact of nostalgia as well.

It's not that hard, man. You can do better

:3

I apologize if it was unclear, but my post was meant to be parodical of the inherent nature of these threads, and was not entered seriously. :3

EVERY SINGLE SPELLING MISTAKE was calculated to display the kind of childish, dumb, and simplistic nature of threads like these. It actually pissed me off to read this thread- at least it's one of few of its kind.

Well obviously this thread isn't working towards an end. It wasn't meant to. It's just a thread for people to bounce ideas off each other and see what other people like, with weapons as the medium. It can be kinda fun to see what other people think, when what they're thinking is positive. Apparently this isn't possible with a few of you. I don't mind you having these issues, but deal with them elsewhere. You guys are the only ones acting like this and trying to wreck the thread, noone else. You know what I do when I don't like a thread? I don't post on it. You say I lack imagination. If this is true, then you lack intellect. Go get some.

I could do a topic like that, and maybe I will in the future. But right now I'm doing this...deal.

Well obviously this thread isn't working towards an end. It wasn't meant to. It's just a thread for people to bounce ideas off each other and see what other people like, with weapons as the medium. It can be kinda fun to see what other people think, when what they're thinking is positive. Apparently this isn't possible with a few of you. I don't mind you having these issues, but deal with them elsewhere. You guys are the only ones acting like this and trying to wreck the thread, noone else. You know what I do when I don't like a thread? I don't post on it. You say I lack imagination. If this is true, then you lack intellect. Go get some.

yeesh... harsh.

I know! how about some kind of Sword that over-reacts and insults the people that disagrees with it. not only does it affect those who its aimed at but it also has an AOE of anyone who sees it, causing judgmental thoughts of the sword and an overall negative mood.

yeesh... harsh.

I know! how about some kind of Sword that over-reacts and insults the people that disagrees with it. not only does it affect those who its aimed at but it also has an AOE of anyone who sees it, causing judgmental thoughts of the sword and an overall negative mood.

Oooh! Oooh! I got a better one! How about a sword that doesn't know how to properly pick sides and just stabs everybody who says anything 'harsh'!

Oooh! Oooh! I got a better one! How about a sword that doesn't know how to properly pick sides and just stabs everybody who says anything 'harsh'!

YEAH! totally! OMFG that would be the best weapon that should be in a game but isn't.

Its true, it's possible I may not know how to "properly pick sides" but Its even more plausible that I think that neither side is worthy of support from me, so I've made up my own side, and Picked it very well. That side would be "Hey-some-douche-made-a-ridiculous-thread-and-people-are-calling-it-ridiculous and-now-he's-over-reacting-and-that-makes-the-whole-thing-the-more-absurd"

for real tho? the best weapon that isn't in the game that should be....

Chuck Norris.

ouch... harsh!

I know! a gun that verbally abuses those that the gun is aimed at. It doesn't hurt them physically but it lowers their self confidence and hurts their feelings a little.

Nothing harsh about it. This EXACT SAME THREAD exists over at The Escapist, with similar results.