OCR01002 - Final Fantasy VII "Light and Flakey"

A nice song overrall. The main part really is the title, but the break is really rather dark. I liked this mix, but felt that it was missing something. What was there was all well and good, but it almost feels like everything is there adding support to a melody that doesn't exist. It ends up giving me this feeling that it's more of a soundscape deal. Which is fine in itself.

I liked it, and it made me happy, which is all that really matters.

:nicework: Nice Work!

I didn't recognize what this remix was until about 1:00 into the song, then I realized it was one of the most interesting pieces from FF7. Wow, I really like this one. Nothing too extravagent to say about it though, nothing that really catches my attention in any way.. Nice choice of music though!

Hmm....

Aesthetically, I have to say I really like it. It is genuinely pleasing to the ear, and it definetly drums up memories of the time and place of the song. It's defintely a keeper.

But at the same time, I don't know if I can really see it as reflective of the original. I mean, when I listen to it, I don't picture poor pre-sane Cloud wandering around in the snow (that IS the piece, correct?).

That aside however, this is a great piece and you should be very proud. I look forward to hearing more.

Wow...just, wow.

This is an amazing piece indeed.

I love the choice of synths used...they sound brilliant when put together like this.

Its a little repetetive, but then its pretty good, so when youre dancing to it you dont especially notice ^_^

The only gripe I have is that I would have preferred the bell synths that play the melody to be more audible...I have a hard time hearing them over everything else.

The ending is also a little brief...I would have preferred a fadeout.

Overall, I recommend this to just about anyone...it's most certainly going into some of my mixes...

Well done, sir, this is excellent and I look forward to more from you.

Gawd, what bothers me about this song is I recognize it, but for the life of me I can't remember which it is, and I'm usually able to pinpoint it.

Maybe it was a lesser song, maybe my skills aren't what they used to be, or maybe this song followed what a "remix" is at heart, and gave it a new recipe while still maintaining that classic flavor (if we're going to go with the food theme Senor Pretzel started).

This is one of those pieces that thats really great, but not in the way that stands out in others. It's sorta like the reluctant hero. It doesn't mean to be good, it's just trying to go on in life.

All in all, great piece. Definitely goes on my list of more favorable pieces this site has offered. This song doesn't try to get all in your face, but it lets you know it's there.

This song kicks ass discretely.

• 1 year later...

This is an amazing mix of a very rare and not so memorable song from FF7. Most of my friends don't even recognize what song it is when they hear it at first, or have a hard time believing it was the snow fields, but it's faster tempo and quality is just awesome. This is one of my favorites to play when it's snowing out.

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...

AWESOME technoremix. This is just the thing I want, alots of beats drumming in the back with a load of strings and some very cool synths to give the melody some cool attitude. You can´t stop nodding your head to this one. Nice idea of adding windeffects to the mix, gives it a slight touch of reality. Amazing stuff from Siamey, and I concur with the others:

MAKE AN ANOTHER REMIX! PLEASE!

• 4 months later...

Man, I've gone through about 900 OCRs and I have yet to come across a better mix. Nice ambient snow effect, great BPM, nice and relaxing. The feeling reminds me of "The Sunshine Underground" by The Chemical Brothers, another amazing song, even if not OCR. This gets Ark's "Paw of YES!" 10/10

Ark, your Crazy Bi Mississippi Catox! =^-^=

• 3 years later...

A little dated and not much beyond a genre adaptation, but built proficiently enough to keep me interested. the builds were effective, though the one section that really needed a massive build (the change to a different source maybe?) didn't really have one. Production was clean enough that things were well defined, but lacking a bit of punch and high end clarity. Hearing his more recent work, this is definitely something he has improved on. Anyways, a good, but not amazing track.

Siamey was one of the very very first dudes to help me out years back when I first started learning remixing, and i'll always appreciate that. Thanks dude.

I've been running through a vast majority of the remixes on this site and must say this is excellent.

While some say it feels like something is missing or feels off -keep in mind music isn't always about having some extra 'oomph' where it's not needed.

Just like with movies, there are leads and there are supports to make the thing whole, this is not a lead but very much a support, and a perfect one.

Loved it, keep up the good work!

• 3 years later...

I heard this a few years ago and lost touch with it after getting a new computer. I recently downloaded the 2 main torrents and went through every mix until I found it (I had no idea what mix or artist it was- I only remember the amazing feeling when I hear it). This mix is so inspiring it makes me want to play FF7. Great stuff.

• 3 years later...

When the bassline first came in, I was disappointed it wasn't gonna be an ambient remix, but when things actually get going, the trance works. It has a nice "getting lost in the snow" sort of vibe. I like the voice-like synth responding to the bell. I like the twist at 2:59. Strong old-school OCR.

• Liontamer changed the title to OCR01002 - Final Fantasy VII "Light and Flakey"