So Who Wants To Try Team Fortress 2?

atmuh

Yes for anyone who wants to give it a try to see if they like it or even just to see if their computer can handle it I am giving out my 3 day gift passes (I have 4 I think) to it. They expire on the 21st so I have to get rid of them as soon as possible. If you want one or if you also have gift passes that you haven't used post in this thread.

Passes Available

Half Life 2 - 2

Half Life 2: Episode 1 - 2

I know passes expire; but do gifts?

Gifts never expire, I've held onto them ever since they started the gift thing. Would you like them or were you just curious..?

In addition, when you get HL:2 you'll of course have access the the freeware mods that are out there. Though not as abundant as the old HL, there are some that are pretty good. Dystopia is actually a very good mod and though older than TF2, I'd called it a cyber punk version of TF2.

IMO it's one of the most overlooked mods for HL2

I also have a TF2 pass and HL2 and Episode 1 gifts for those that may like them. I have absolutely no one to give the gifts to right now since every friend I have who would like the HL games already has them. Anyone who wants any of these can PM me and I'll give them out first come first serve. They've certainly been doing me no good sitting there for almost a year.

Also; I haven't played it in quite a while but Dystopia is awesome. I need to download it again.

A "pass" is like a full-demo that expires after a few days. So Atmuh's TF2 pass let's you try out the full game for a couple days and then doesn't let you start the game until you buy it. A "gift" on the other hand is as if you bought the game but is totally free. So if you took my gift you would then own the full HL2 game.

I'd like to play any or all of them if possible. How does it all work though? Do I just get the game and that's that? I got the chance to play portal a while back, and have been itching to play HL since then.

It's my understanding that if you receive the gifts or the guest pass they can be sent either to your email or over Steam. Either way you'd have to either have Steam already or download it and make an account. From there you should be able to download the games and in the case of gifts, they're yours to keep. For guest passes you get to try the game for a while then you'd have to buy it. I'm sure all the instructions on how to get them would be in whatever Steam message or email you'd get once the gift or pass is sent.

• 2 weeks later...