Quite Possibility The Best Two Damn Songs From Anime

TheSnowStorm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0jNYDjBz6E&feature=related

(disregarded the first song I had posted originally.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHEP71Wt_I8...feature=related

REAL music is what anime music needs! Not the typical j-pop bullshit you hear in some anime. I love howLupin's score uses a live big band to perform their songs! Show me any other anime songs that could rival Lupin's soundtrack! (inb4cowboybebop)

*facepalm*

Oh? I'm sorry that I have good taste in good anime music and not the genetic bullshit pop shit. You know, real music?

Here you go!

Now, if you excuse me, after listening to that shit, I must kill myself.

Now that's pure funky. A lot of the anime duing the 80s and 90s used a lot of music styles like this. It wasn't until recently that anime went to more j-pop style openings.

And I must agree, it does get annoying

It's sadden me. I was watching a few old anime shows and a lot of them uses orchestras, jazz bands, and big bnads. Now they have this whole J-Pop shit, one of the many leading factors on why I hate anime.

future what is your favorite anime song thread

. . .For once, I agree with you. God, what in the hell I have done?! Now I'm gonna have all these kids posting all of this j-pop shit as their favorite anime song!

What do you mean "future"?
Also the Cutey Honey theme, and its many incarnations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THxOIeT94f4

ALSO

plz remix & send remix to my website :3 I would love a Lupin remix but nobody's even tried it yet.

As much as I hate Japanese vocals, that was actually pretty good! Nice use of the orchestra!

Oh? I'm sorry that I have good taste in good anime music and not the genetic bullshit pop shit. You know, real music?

No, I actually really love music from Lupin III as well. Besides the TV show, music from Lupin III The Castle of Cagliostro is some of my favorite too. See what this has turned into?

But yeah, that aside, pretty much what Mr. Atmuh said.

Now, if you excuse me, after listening to that shit, I must kill myself

how are the pillows generic jpop? I think the FLCL soundtrack is great, it's very unique to most anime.

SnowStorm I have some anime you can watch where I think you would like the music:

Haibane Renmei

Hellsing [TV version]

Azumanga Daioh

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Also, most of the Gundam series have great music, as well as Macross [the "other" big robot franchise :D], though Macross actually centers the plot around pop music, which makes for an interesting watch. Minmay, a character in the anime, actually makes the enemy aliens go crazy with her music, or other types of human culture. Some of the characters get captured and they start making out with each other to escape XD

Here is a movie summary [if you don't mind spoilers]

Macross Frontier has some good stuff by the way of May'n and Megumi Nakajima, who play the singing voices of Sheryl and Ranka respectively.

Can't go wrong with Koh Otani who composed the stuff for Haibane Renmei as well as Shadow of The Collosus and Ico.

Hitoshi Sakamoto did the soundtrack for Romeo x Juliet, which sounds very much like his work on FFXII, FFT, and Vagrant Story.

Also fuck yes Hellsing.

how are the pillows generic jpop? I think the FLCL soundtrack is great, it's very unique to most anime.

Oh, you know some people...instead of asserting that they like a certain kind music, and that they think it's good, they have to tear down all the other kinds of music.

As for myself, I think both the Lupin III soundtrack and FLCL soundtrack kick butt. As well as many others! Yay for different tastes in music!

actually the only soundtrack I can think of that is similar to FLCL's is Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad and honestly I hated that music - you'd think for an anime about a manga about a guy with an amazing voice you'd think they'd try to get... you know... a guy with a decent singing voice. Yet the dude totally can't sing and they force him to do all this engrish :P

Aye, this thread is going to boil down into two camps. Those who've seen many genres of anime and their related music across the decades with many examples of good music, and those who only saw a few popular shows and conclude that all anime is crappy pop. I likewise know someone who thinks all anime looks exactly like one each other.

There's no reason to hate on pop anways. Quality of songs should precede bias against genre.