Sample Request

Ok, this will be a shot in the dark, but oh well..

I'm looking for any sort of soundfont that would be used in rap music. Perhaps even any suggestions for what i could use to make the sounds.

I am looking for something like the screaming nasal sound in that House of Pain song. The one that plays through the entire song. Or even some cool bass to use, or some nice sound effects. Anything. i know this is a very vague request, but I need better sounds for my rap songs, and any bit of help would be appreciated.

I guess Trenthian wouldn't give them out. I know it because he said "it's only a matter of time until asks someone for the samples".

Not to mention that the SF2/samples are copyrighted and not free. Besides... This is just another started cult like the "yet-another-Schala/Zeal" remixes. You don't "have to" remix it. Hell geez... it's not like you loose a live or something if you don't. So stop bugging Savior Sephiroth - one request is more than enough.

And no... don't ask me either. I have the samples (indeed), but I won't give them out either.

There are ways, but if you're too lazy to do researches - then we can't help you either. So don't expect any help.

Those brass samples are...dissapointing. There are a lot of them, but few stand out as being particularly good... quality over quantity I say. I would rather download just one sf2 at that size if it sounded great.

I need to find real brass... those syntheticy, keyboard-taken ones can sound alright in some instances but not mine. I need samples of big, full trombone and euphonium sections, french horns (got florstein, wonder if there's better) trumpets. The squidfont from DarkeSword's site's samples are good enough, but they have annoyingly long attacks, and they are also just not the same samples as what I'm looking for.

Those brass samples are...dissapointing. There are a lot of them, but few stand out as being particularly good... quality over quantity I say. I would rather download just one sf2 at that size if it sounded great.

I need to find real brass... those syntheticy, keyboard-taken ones can sound alright in some instances but not mine. I need samples of big, full trombone and euphonium sections, french horns (got florstein, wonder if there's better) trumpets. The squidfont from DarkeSword's site's samples are good enough, but they have annoyingly long attacks, and they are also just not the same samples as what I'm looking for.

You won't find good free ones I'm afraid. =(

It's very hard to make a good brass sample to begin with; the very very good ones that exist are quite expensive.

We all understand by now that you think threads like these are pointless. Or rather, you imply it heavily by telling people to search for their own and that if they're too lazy to do so then we shouldn't bother helping.

I never said this thread is pointless. It's the other way, I even recommended this thread to stop other threads popping up with the same questions over and over. But thanks for the insult.

This thread's kind of here for a reason. And he asked twice. Twice. Not seven times, not even three times, twice. He probably thought his request got overlooked, or overshadowed by another, more wordy request or reply.

Unfortunately you're wrong... he asked three times. First it was like "oh yeah, I like the Sephiroth samples because the song is popular at OCR now", then it was like "ya know what I mean STFU I need them now" and the third was like "I must need them, OMG I'm a n00b and I have the right to get it because my remix will be uberl33t!!!111one!". You get what I try to say?

Basically, if everyone responded like your answer, this forum would be null. All there would be is a little message that says "We do not help lazy people. Find your own stuff." And thus the purpose of sharing knowledge and helping other developing remixers is defeated.

Thanks.

Sorry, but the hell I'll do.

I said it already, and I'll say it again. The SF2 Savior Sephiroth was asking about isn't free, it's copyrighted by Squaresoft. That's why I do not give it out. I said "there are ways", indeed, because you can still get that file legally (that's the way I got it). But if he doesn't do any researches, then I'm really sorry for him. Spoonfeeding is usually not our job. There even are other ways, but neither I nor other OC remixers or staff supporting that method - so don't even ask.

Just because you're a noob and spoiled with everything doesn't mean that you have the right to get everything for free (best: now!) or can get angry without a reason. Just my humble opinion to that topic. I leave the rest to one of the mods (if they want to say a word or two).

Thanks.

ok, since no one seems to know where to find a wav file of kirby saying hi, does anyone know of where to find any kirby game sounds then? Or atleast a search engine or site that can find stuff like that? because ive heard a fair amount of mixes with sounds from the actual games, and i cant find any sites that have that sort of stuff.

ok, since no one seems to know where to find a wav file of kirby saying hi, does anyone know of where to find any kirby game sounds then? Or atleast a search engine or site that can find stuff like that? because ive heard a fair amount of mixes with sounds from the actual games, and i cant find any sites that have that sort of stuff.

I think I can help you, BlueEnvy.

This is an idea that I got. I haven't been able to test it (the audio cables I have aren't long enough), but in theory, it should work. You'll have to perform the rip directly from gamecube.

You'll need Gamecube, SSBM, the TV, and a CD-recorder or cassette recorder (with line in).

Step 1: Power up gamecube, with the component cables attached to the television. Attach two controllers.

Step 2: Go to the options menu and further to the sound effects bar.

Step 3: Find the sound effect that is the right Kirby one.

Step 4: Disconnect the audio cables from the television. Attach them to the CD-recorder or cassette recorder. Hit record.

Step 5: Hit play on the console menu to play all the sounds you need.

In theory, the sounds should get played and recorded directly onto the CD or tape, which can then be transferred easily into a computer. (For tapes, use your soundcard's Line-In port and re-record digitally from there. You may not get the best qualtiy, but a good audio editing program should be able to clean it up to a resonable state.)

Alternatively, pop the CD into the CD-ROM drive and see what happens. There might be an accessable sound directory in the disc if the PC CD-ROM laser can read it. Afterall, you can play all the music and SFX from a menu screen.

I hope this helps in your search!

This is an idea that I got. I haven't been able to test it (the audio cables I have aren't long enough), but in theory, it should work. You'll have to perform the rip directly from gamecube.

You'll need Gamecube, SSBM, the TV, and a CD-recorder or cassette recorder (with line in).

Step 1: Power up gamecube, with the component cables attached to the television. Attach two controllers.

Step 4: Disconnect the audio cables from the television. Attach them to the CD-recorder or cassette recorder. Hit record.

In theory, the sounds should get played and recorded directly onto the CD or tape, which can then be transferred easily into a computer. (For tapes, use your soundcard's Line-In port and re-record digitally from there. You may not get the best qualtiy, but a good audio editing program should be able to clean it up to a resonable state.)

Alternatively, pop the CD into the CD-ROM drive and see what happens. There might be an accessable sound directory in the disc if the PC CD-ROM laser can read it. Afterall, you can play all the music and SFX from a menu screen.

I've done this, but differently.

When i did it i connected the GameCube to the Cd player (with the sound inputs, and a headphone slot), then use a stereo cable male/male to transfere the sound from the cube into the line-in on your soundcard.

The easiest way to do this is to log the controls of what you have to do to get into the appropriate sound menu in the game (write down everything like, press A, go down 2 etc) and set your Gamecube up next to your computer and use the commands you wrote down to get into the game.

Then it's as simple as opening a sound recorder and recording the sound effects that you're playing by pressing buttons in the controller.

I hope this is ok

I did something like that, only I went straight from the Gamecube's audio output to the computer. Just take an RCA to 1/8" adapter, stick one end in the computer's line-in, and stick the GCN's audio out cables into the other end. On my SB Live, I was able to turn up the line-in volume and listen to what was being played so I could record specifically what I wanted without having to research it beforehand.

alas, i dont have a Gamecube :cry:

does anyone think they'd be able to do it for me? i'd greatly appreciate it

Ok, I'm near finished with my Megaman X Boomer Kuwanger song. All I need is a very real sounding trumpet that is comparable to the trumpet in Disco Dan's HeatMan Rapid Fire mix.

The only requirement is that I ask that it is free and in a soundfont or VST format. Sample format is ok if and only if it is a last resort.

Thank you for your help