Sample Request

hit me up and I can get you a ton of soundfonts and vst's.

I too have over a gig of fonts :)

I can upload a bunch to the server I use (much like the link i threw out with all the guitar stuff in it).

Also, I know aol allows like file transfers, but I dont know if aim does.

If so you can hit me up on there too "bonnies bf" is the screen name.

I have a lot of brass, bass guitars, guitars, pianos, organs, cellos, violin, strings (pizzicato, martelleto or whatever, slow attack etc)

I'm looking for good samples (or soundfonts... I really don't know the difference yet, but if it works in FL I'm good ;)) of good analog synths... I've listened to music using those old analog synths, and I really dig it... I think it'd be cool to emulate that in a remix... 8)

i am in need of a few special soundfonts.

they are:

banjo,

fiddle,

steel guitar,

bluegrass drumset,

fingered bass,

picked bass,

tremelo strings,

tuba,

trumpet,

& harmonica.

i know its alot, but the soundfonts i have suck. any help would be greatly appreciated

Go back a page or two, I already posted a link with a few bass guitars in it. I think there is picked and fingered bass... Not that sure about the picked bass though. There should also be a slap bass in there.

Darkesword linked to his soundfonts, and squidfont (i think thats the name) has trumpets in it and tuba also.

Okay , I'll make a request .

I need a soundfont of a drum set (preferably GM mapped) for use in breakbeat/drumNbass type music.

The only ones I've found that remotely resemble this is the industrial font from DarkeSword's site (just the All Industrial patch) and the X- Static Goldmine font from Hammersound.

Let me know if you have anything useful . Thanks.

Toy can use a TR909 to make cool beats. All you gotta do is put it under a "drumroon" type reverb and then overdrive it a bit. I've been able to get fantastic results from this. You can experiment with other drum machines like the Rhythm Ace, TR808, Sequential Toms... those types.

Okay , I'll make a request .

I need a soundfont of a drum set (preferably GM mapped) for use in breakbeat/drumNbass type music.

The only ones I've found that remotely resemble this is the industrial font from DarkeSword's site (just the All Industrial patch) and the X- Static Goldmine font from Hammersound.

Let me know if you have anything useful . Thanks.

Dude, using a soundfont for drums is a dumb idea. Samples are infinitely more flexible, and if you want to make an interesting breakbeat/dnb track, flexible drums are essential!!! http://www.djbb.dk/bb_samples.php has an overwhelming number of breakbeat samples and loops - soundfonts should be a last resort!

Dude, using a soundfont for drums is a dumb idea.

As far as flexibility is concerned , I'll agree. I like using soundfonts because they're just easier on the eye at first since you have everything on one score. Plus , soundfonts are (most of the time) made to resemble/model sets or kits that already work very well together. I don't use soundfonts when I'm actually polishing off a track . That's where the flexibility of individual sampler channels comes in (I'll extract single .wav samples from the soundfonts I use the most then tailor them individually as necessary).

http://www.djbb.dk/bb_samples.php has an overwhelming number of breakbeat samples and loops

Thanks. This looks interesting :P