Sample Request

Anyone know where I can get a drumkit soundfont with an electronic/techno-type kick that's all fuzz and no attack?

Nothing too harsh, something that would fit in a spacey/trippy type song.

I used to have a whole pack of such kicks on my long lost F drive. If I can find it again, I'll be sure to give it to you.

Meh.

Heya... I'm looking to buy a Sound Sample CD with some REALLY good string samples... Anyone know where I can go about doing this? I dont really care how much it costs.

I figured since I was looking to purchase a CD it was different... >_<'

What's your budget exactly?

I really like Sonic Implants Symphonic strings. It has a rich, and romantic sound in my opinion. There's a mini version of it for around $400-500 with the full version around $900-1000.

If you want to buy something cheaper, I suggest Reason's Orkester, Edirol Orchestra or Garritan Personal Orchestra. These options are around $200-400.

Hello, everyone. Sorry if it's inappropriate to request sample sets for an entire game, but I'm looking for samples from Final Fantasy Tactics (the original). Reason I say this one in particular is because I love how the strings in particular can be thick and busy but at the same time not be obnoxious. All the sampling on that game's OST really amazes me. Anyway, help is appreciated, thanks!

Hi all, new here, but i've got a summer off, and doubt i'll find a job, so i figured i might try my hand at remixing some game music. (don't know what yet, will prolly do something that's not overdone *coughTerracought*)

Anyways, most the music I write is orchestral or wind ensemble oriented....I write for smaller groups as well, such as quartets. I've done my fair share of searching around, have some florestan sets and squidfont...but I'd really like to find some nice solo brass samples....especially baritone and/or euphonium. Preferably free, since i'm a poor arse college student. Also would like to find some good solo french horn samples, i.e. not a horn section. Any help would be appreciated. ^_^

P.S. solo trumpet would be good too, best one i have is a soundfont called Trumpe3D, but it has a crappy attack *ponder* mebbe I can fix the attack myself if i stop being lazy heh.

-Cald

I'm looking for a really nice, clean Electric Guitar soundfont. One that sounds like the Major Solo instrument on the Proteus E-MU keyboard, well the one from back in the day of old computers. We have a Master Performance System Proteus E-MU keyboard, and that kind of instrument is on there. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you please tell me where I could find a nice soundfont for that?

I'm looking for a really nice, clean Electric Guitar soundfont. One that sounds like the Major Solo instrument on the Proteus E-MU keyboard, well the one from back in the day of old computers. We have a Master Performance System Proteus E-MU keyboard, and that kind of instrument is on there. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you please tell me where I could find a nice soundfont for that?

I don't have a freakin' clue what you're on about, but here's some pretty nice clean electric guitar samples I picked up from another forum:

http://www.mikseri.net/www/outlink.php?http://www.hut.fi/~pjunno/temp/kitarasamplet.zip

I haven't tested it myself, but the demo sounded nice.

I am in desperate need of a choir soundfont or sample... anything will do though having selection would be nice, I'm looking for something darker, that would fit into an industrial theme nicely. thanks,

Vine Whitefire

Vine, you could check out the Miscellanious section at hammersound.net it has 2 choir sound fonts.

I don't need the guitar thing anymore, I found one that was good enough. But I do need something else. I don't know what exactly to call it. Some kind of suspended cymbal, that starts out soft, but over the span of a few seconds rushes in louder, like at the beginning of Disco Dan's Braving Tal Tal Heights. Geh, that wasn't a very good description. . . But if you want to listen to the song, it's from Zelda: Link's Awakening, and if you know what it is, I would be greatful.

Vine, you could check out the Miscellanious section at hammersound.net it has 2 choir sound fonts.

I don't need the guitar thing anymore, I found one that was good enough. But I do need something else. I don't know what exactly to call it. Some kind of suspended cymbal, that starts out soft, but over the span of a few seconds rushes in louder, like at the beginning of Disco Dan's Braving Tal Tal Heights. Geh, that wasn't a very good description. . . But if you want to listen to the song, it's from Zelda: Link's Awakening, and if you know what it is, I would be greatful.

Sounds like a reverse cymbal.

I am in desperate need of a choir soundfont or sample... anything will do though having selection would be nice, I'm looking for something darker, that would fit into an industrial theme nicely. thanks,

Vine Whitefire

My good man, have i got a SF for you.

http://www.papelmedia.de/sf2/sf2_uk_download.htm

Get the Ahhh Choir and the Irena, as well as the Guy. They are excellent in terms of free samples.

Good lord, these soundfonts/samples sound absolutly real! Where else could I get soundfonts of quality equal to this Papelmedia stuff?

... okay, let me be more specific. Where can I get soundfonts of quality equal to the Papelmedia stuff, as in REAL insturments and choires and so-forth. No synthesized, techno stuff.

I'm not gonna rest until I have the whole damn orchestra...