Sample Request

I have just checked ZSNES and it doesn't appear to have an option for writing outputed audio to disk. But that's just fine, assuming you're using Windows (because it's what I use).

Go into your Windows volume control window thingy. Go Options -> Properties. Select the radio button called "Recording". Make sure "Wave" (or similar) is checkmarked in the below list. Click OK. Now, under "Wave", make it selected. Now your computer will record all wave output.

Open a program that records sound--sound recorder will work just fine. Start recording. Then just go to zsnes and make whatever sound you need.

The one problem is music... which is more than likely there. I don't know if you can disable music with zsnes, but I don't think you can. Try another emulator maybe?

In search of a vibraphone. Same sound as the one in When It Falls by Zero 7 or Instant Death by Beastie Boys.

*edit* Listening to When It Falls I guess it's not a vibraphone, probably an e-piano. I would still like to have an e-piano like that. And still the vibraphone from Instand Death.

Check one of the many links posted that included soundfonts. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a good EP (it might be called just a Rhodes)

I have a General purpose sound font called Musica Theoria (it basically replaces the general MIDI instrument library with much better sounding instruments)... it contains (in my opinion) a quite good sounding Rhodes E. Piano.

• 2 weeks later...

http://personal.inet.fi/urheilu/fsf/dryeguitar.zip

Here's a dry electric guitar sound I found from a Finnish music board. You'll have to add the distortion effects yourself, but if you know what you're doing, it'll definitely sound better than a synth.

Try looking through http://www.buzzmachines.com if you lack of proper distortion effects.

Just to alert everyone searching for decent samples that there is a new release of the Titanic Soundfont, now v1.2. It's slightly larger than the previous, with total unpacked size about 275MB. One of the largest and highest-quality GMGS sets available, this new revision features several reworked orchestral instruments (trumpets, violins, etc) as well as revised pads and synth leads.

The font can be downloaded from http://www.titanicsf.com.

I have a hard request. dont know if any of you remmeber, the early ridge racer/ridge racer revolution days or techno music. And i wanted to know does anyone have any of the samples they used in the songs? they heavily sampled alot of stuff and i only have about 5 samples. I am really looking for the one that says in a male voice"all people on this earth are truly one" and others, like vocal samples, anything you can do will help.

BTW, prodigy used alot of the same samples on their frist CD. so if anyone can h elp me with these samples i would be most greatful.

LAZEE

Just to alert everyone searching for decent samples that there is a new release of the Titanic Soundfont, now v1.2. It's slightly larger than the previous, with total unpacked size about 275MB. One of the largest and highest-quality GMGS sets available, this new revision features several reworked orchestral instruments (trumpets, violins, etc) as well as revised pads and synth leads.

Holy crap! Not even the Soundblaster Card has enough cache to run this thing! Beware folks, beware!

EDIT: Actually, if you have the skill, be prepared to cut the sf2 file into a few smaller peices using the bank manager in Vienna. There are some instruments in there you may or may not need.

Holy crap! Not even the Soundblaster Card has enough cache to run this thing! Beware folks, beware!

EDIT: Actually, if you have the skill, be prepared to cut the sf2 file into a few smaller peices using the bank manager in Vienna. There are some instruments in there you may or may not need.

275 MB and the brass is still crap. :roll:

Okay, I have decided that I want to try some orcheastration. But I have no Idea about what to look for sounds wise. If anybody knows whether it is better to use soundfonts or samples for orcheastral songs, or has any links to some really nice samples/soundfonts that could be useful in an orchaestral song, That would be sweet. Thanks!

Anyone have links to some good piano samples? I can only find two decent ones in my computer. Yeah, I know, it's embarrasing :?

And how do you open .sfpack files and import them into FL Studio?

.sfpack is a soundfont compression format. You need to download the sfpack utility to decompress them into .sf2 files. Think of it like zip or rar.

Good piano samples? Search for "1-Giga Piano", that's one of my favorites. NS Piano, by Natural Studios (makers of NSKit, one of the most popular free drum kits) is another good one that's a little softer. You might also consider the steinway grand soundfont I have up at the SoundTempest resource section (http://www.soundtempest.net/).

What's more important than the sample, though, is how you use it. For piano leads, you should try to humanize the velocity or even record the part with a MIDI controller if it's sounding too mechanical. The piano samples I mentioned are also dry, so room/hall reverb is a must. You might even consider applying compression or EQ to further sculpt the sound. It all depends on the context of the piano part.

Iono, interested in a variety of different styles, but at the moment I'm mostly looking for some typical dance drums. Especially trying to find a good strong hi-hat sound, one that how do you say, has some meat on it. A good full sound. Realistic drum soundfonts don't seem to have this, I mean the type heard in dance music.

Also, I'm looking for some asian / Korean sounding instruments. I'm going to remix Ancient Groover from Ragnarok Online and I'm looking for some sort of flute and string instruments reminiscent of the ones used in it.