Sample Request

Play with your eq my friend, youd be surprised what you can do.

Also, the reason for ska sounding so different is the way its played. Ska is meant to sound live. Unless your really recording its gonna be a tough challenge. If you want your brass to sound a little honkier (that obnoxiousness) you may want to try boosting the 250 hz range a bit. At least, thats if i remember right. Also, you can try adding slight flange or chorus or something like that to give it a slightly more human feel. Get used to editing the amp envelopes from note to note. Ska is just waaaay to real to easily recreate digitally. Its like guitar stuff. Its just better to go live.

Am I insane, or are Soundfonts on FL supposed to have sort of a tinny sound to them? I went to Darkesword's page and downloaded the Setzer and Harp soundfonts, but IMO they don't have a good clear sound to them.

(And I will accept insanity as a possibility, I woke up this morning and found I was eating toilet paper. Its a really long, but ultimately amusing story.)

Am I insane, or are Soundfonts on FL supposed to have sort of a tinny sound to them? I went to Darkesword's page and downloaded the Setzer and Harp soundfonts, but IMO they don't have a good clear sound to them.

(And I will accept insanity as a possibility, I woke up this morning and found I was eating toilet paper. Its a really long, but ultimately amusing story.)

FL has nothing to do with it. It's probably the way you are using them. Almost no soundfont sounds good by itself; you NEED to use effects, especially reverb, to make them usable. It's absolutely essential.

I'm looking for a very particular instrumental soundfont, one of a silk-stringed violin. I know of the silk-stringed instrument, the erhu, but that's not the one I want. Here's an example of the one I mean:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/DownloadSong.cfm?ID=1538156

That's from the movie Hero, which comes out in theatres Friday (sneak peek!). If anybody has any suggestions...

Howdy. Long-time visitor, first-time poster/remixer. I'm looking for a pair of SF2 SoundFonts - a bright acoustic piano and a string ensemble. I've tried a few piano and string samples that were listed on http://www.hammersound.net/ but several of them weren't tuned properly (for instance, I'd try to play an E-flat, but wound up hearing a G-sharp instead).

Still fine-tuning my first remix, and I'll (try to) submit it to the site once it's good and ready.