Sample Request

by a cd from target or walmart or the wherehouse or something in the sounds of nature series and there should be one fo them to do with wind and then just rip the audio. As soon as I get my new computer this is the route im going to go and im gonna have samples up the wazoo as far as nature sounds and animals and thunder and water and etc

• 2 weeks later...

Forget it to find an outstanding Kodo (Taiko) for free. There is one from Roland with around 100k (I guess it was from the SR88), but this is a synthetic one. One of the best Kodo samples I've ever heard were in the "Heart of Asia" AKAI CD pack for like 300bucks, that is also included as "light version" in the (I gues it were the) Spectrasonics Packs (the CDs for like 50-100bucks each) with only one layer though.

But I at least know for sure that Hammersound and sf2midi has some really good asian samples (handpercussion, strings, flutes and stuff). So check out those pages too.

Ever since SMW Ghost was released I've been inspired to start learning to sequence brass with midi. I'll start by requesting some soundfonts that are close to the very high quality that Nixdorux uses. So does anyone have any suggestions for free high quality brass and sax soundfonts? I'd like to use something different besides what's on Darkesword's page for saxaphones. I'll create my own thread asking others how to sequence brass using midi.

Hmm, I know it's highly unlikely that I will find any of these soundfonts free, but I am going to ask anyways. Does anyone know where I can find decent quality soundfonts of any of the instruments from Hero? Kodo drums, "oriental" sounding strings, chinese lute, etc. Thank you!

Erhu:

http://www.musicmall-asia.com/malaysia/instruments/Erhu/

I've been looking for this pizzicato for almost a year... Cant find it anywhere.

I do have found a pizz which is almost similar to it but not that clear sounding as the one i need...

Im talking about that dark Pizzicato string from

the Yamaha PSR-530 Keyboard ...

Can anyone please tell me where i can get a Soundfont of that pizzicato?

Or if there's someone who owns the Yamaha PSR-530

I would really appreciate it if you can put the

pizzicato in a SF2 file...

PM me .. Thanks alot, Paragon (Chaoz)

I'm looking for a soundfont or soundbank that is an ECW file designed for a SB PCI 128, and is better than an GM/GS waveset version 5.x. I want something that can improve the quality of my 128 b/c it's my best card so far and I believe that it is capable of more, but it just needs the proper files in the right format.

Hmm, I know it's highly unlikely that I will find any of these soundfonts free, but I am going to ask anyways. Does anyone know where I can find decent quality soundfonts of any of the instruments from Hero? Kodo drums, "oriental" sounding strings, chinese lute, etc. Thank you!

Erhu:

http://www.musicmall-asia.com/malaysia/instruments/Erhu/

Finally! I've been always looking for ethnic instrument samples (especially those from a Chinese orchestra), though to little avail. I have an Erhu and a Di at home, but can't really play it well enough to sample my own. (In the case of the "Di", it's a rare occurance for me to even make a sound :P). Unfortunately, the Erhu seems to be the only non-percussion instrument they have a soundfont, but it has so many articulations that I'm well satisfied for the day (they even have some sfxes that can made w/ the Erhu). Thanks a lot, man!

I'm looking for some drum samples that sound kinda.. iono.. industrial, dirty, something like that. Something like in SGX's Kick Your A and Beatdrop's Strip Mine. That and/or pointers on how to get that sort of sound with processing and whatnot.

Speaking of which, what exactly is drum layering? I hear that all the time but I'm not sure what it is. Is it what it sounds like it means, i.e. different drum samples playing in unison?

EDIT: Zircon answered that question in another thread. I was right in my assumption, hooray.

most of the sounds at hammersound don't work :(:cry:

They work, but the USA II and Canada mirrors are almost always down, or maybe they're just gone. Yeah...there are some on there I've never been able to get. I don't think that site is maintained anymore.

Gecko, I think I can help you out with the Eddie Murphy laughter, actually. I have a copy of Beverly Hills Cop on DVD...it'll just take me a little while to rip that particular clip.

edit: Eh...nevermind, my brother lent it to his friend.

A website with some drum samples/loops

Doru Malaia has some great one-shot drum samples (as well as loops' date=' though they may or may not be drumloops); they are WAVs which can come packaged either in ZIPs or ReFills (for all the Reason users out there). Check it out:

[url']http://www.dorumalaia.com/freerefillswavsamples.htm

Also, BreakBeat Paradise (www.breakbeat-paradise.com) has a fairly large sample library, which sports both drumloops and drumkits (available as compressed WAVs), among other samples one might find handy. Don't let the name fool you; they have samples useful for many genres, such as Trance, DnB, RnB, House, Hip Hop, etc.

As for me, I'm looking for drum samples to use in Industrial music. Anybody know where I can get some for free? If industrial is too broad of a term, I have in mind stuff like DarkeSword's "Stranger In the Desert" (release available at VGMix) or the Phazon Mines BGM from Metroid Prime, though anything you would consider industrial is welcome.

[EDIT: I PMed DarkeSword about his samples; they're available at www.soundfonts.darkesword.com as a soundfont. Now I need to find a way to extract samples from soundfonts.. help please?]

• 2 weeks later...

Hey.

I found some Final Fantasy soundfonts that have all the instruments and samples used in those games. I got the FF7 and FF8, so I was wondering if there any soundfonts for FF9+. I did a google search I didn't find out anything about any newer editions. If anybody has any info, please share. Also if any of this stuff old news, forgive me.

Thanks.