Sample Request

Looking for a flute like the one heard in The Lonely Shepherd.

If nobody has any good ones, how about some advice on how to make a standard flute sound like that? If anybody wants to go all out, feel free to post an example here:

ftp.paletteswap.com

username: secret

password: every1

Thanks! And feel free to flame me (and link me) if this has been requested before..

Ill be damned if I ever get a response to this:

(from locked thread)

This may be a bit of a stretch, but what Im looking for is an audio clip (preferably low quality recording) of a fighter jet pilot talking to HQ via radio.

For example:

"Pilot contacting mission control requesting takeoff" "Roger that pilot, permission granted, you're good to go"

If you know where I can find an audio clip like this, or if you know of a movie/documentary that would definitely have it, please let me know (if you post a response in this thread, please PM me)

back again..

this time:

- a guitar with some fret noise on it.. (prefer a acoustic guitar, but still any guitar wil do).

Thnx in advance.

EDIT: Can also anyone provide me with some nice Siren samples? of a good place where I can find them?? I need a really strong siren, like war sirens for example...

Thnx again. :roll:

And here I go again quoting my own message, so peepz look @ it again plz :roll::oops:

Double quote :roll: for the ones who missed it.. . :?

Oh Lord, triple quote :roll::?

Ill be damned if I ever get a response to this:

(from locked thread)

This may be a bit of a stretch, but what Im looking for is an audio clip (preferably low quality recording) of a fighter jet pilot talking to HQ via radio.

For example:

"Pilot contacting mission control requesting takeoff" "Roger that pilot, permission granted, you're good to go"

If you know where I can find an audio clip like this, or if you know of a movie/documentary that would definitely have it, please let me know (if you post a response in this thread, please PM me)

Also, Loopkid, Im not sure exactly what you're looking for, but Id say theres a good chance you'll find it here: http://www.hammersound.net/cgi-bin/soundlink.pl?action=view_category&category=Guitar&ListStart=0&ListLength=15

and as for sirens, http://www.findsounds.com has a bunch of siren clips, they might have what you need

Are you using the decompression tool I provided? Make sure you extract the .sf2 files.

Then load them with the soundfont player in FL.

Yes! But...

smah8ts.png

...where's soundfont player? :?

Why does that picture make me laugh so much?

Also, I'm looking for a good soundfont set with a nice set of strange, varied, mechanical/computer sounds/noises/beeps/groans/etc.

(Off-topic) You can also just select the soundfont on the tree, and drag it into an empty spot on the step sequencer(or overtop an exsisting sample/soundfont).

(on-topic) I probably missed it, but I went through the first 10 pages looking for an organ and didn't see one. Preferably a set of organs so I can pick what I want to use, if anyone knows of any.

(semi-on-and-off-topic) Anyone want to help me go through and catalog all of the links in the thread and then maybe we can talk to someone about getting them put in a single post so people don't have to search through the whole thread to find something? We can divide it up into like sections of 5 pages if we get enough people, and this would really help reduce duplicate requests.

Guys i'm looking to buy some ethnic Asian vst's or soundfonts, but i don't know where to look or what to look for :?

Something that sounds like the instruments played in the mgs remix by Reuben Kee it starts playing at 2:00. http://www.ocremix.org/detailmix.php?mixid=OCR01322

Is there any vst the produces such a clear quality, I’d appreciate it if you can point me in the right direction.

One other question there’s like this pipe sound in most orchestral movie and games themes that caught my ears attention. Any one knows what this is called?

One other question there’s like this pipe sound in most orchestral movie and games themes that caught my ears attention. Any one knows what this is called?

Probably the shakuhachi flute. I swear there's only one sample of that in the whole world! I've heard that same sample so many times, it's in reason as well! If you want it I could email it to you.

Probably the shakuhachi flute. I swear there's only one sample of that in the whole world! I've heard that same sample so many times, it's in reason as well! If you want it I could email it to you.

Could you mail it 2 me too? :roll: I was lookin' for the same thing..

Thanks, I’ve been looking for the sample of that flute :), I’d appreciate it if you can email me that sample.

But I was originally referring to something else, what I’m looking for sounds like bashing a metal pipe making an unusual sound, I’ve have heard it countless times, but I can never find out what it’s called