Sample Request

Guys i'm looking for some ethnic Asian soundfonts, but i don't know where to look or what to look for :?

im lookin' for the same thing, I prefer typical chinese or japanese drums/instruments if anyone can provide me with as much of these as they can it would be really appreciated, so I can start realizing my idea I have in my head right now :roll: ...

thnx in advance.

EDIT: I want free stuff :P

But I was originally referring to something else, what I’m looking for sounds like bashing a metal pipe making an unusual sound, I’ve have heard it countless times, but I can never find out what it’s called

Try looking for the Basement noise soundfont here:

http://www.soundfontdepot.com/browse.php?soundfont_category_id=17&emusicmag_soundfont_listPage=7

Do you mean free or do you have a budget. Most good piano samples are around $200. There's several very good piano soundfonts out there for free.

http://www.guraydere.com/soundfonts/

I recommend the Clavinova v1 or 2. With proper playing, processing and mastering it can sound amazing. That's if you want a softer more intimate sound.

If you want a sharper, jazzier/pop sound http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/ns_piano.html this one's pretty good also.

These are significant upgrades to what you used on your submission, so...Have fun. :)

Guys i'm looking for some ethnic Asian soundfonts, but i don't know where to look or what to look for :?

im lookin' for the same thing, I prefer typical chinese or japanese drums/instruments if anyone can provide me with as much of these as they can it would be really appreciated, so I can start realizing my idea I have in my head right now :roll: ...

thnx in advance.

The quotin' technique once more.. :roll:

EDIT: Due to a friend of mine who is chinese I here by bring you some examples of what I could use:

Sheng (Pan Pipe)

Di-Zi (Flute) and Xiou (Recorder)

Ruan (Guitar)

Pipa (Lute)

Yue-Qin (Mandolin)

San-Xian (Banjo)

Jing-Hu (Peking Opera Fiddle)

Gao-Hu (Canton Music Fiddle)

Er-Hu (Two-Stringed Violin)

Hand Drum

Zheng (Chinese Zither, Lap Harp)

So plz. do your best :wink:

Do you mean free or do you have a budget

Unless I get a job sometime soon, they'll have to be free 8O

But hey, the samples you provided me seem to work nicely. Took a while to figure out how to use them, but it's all fine. Maybe I could play around with these while putting together the overall touches on my next piano work.

Thanks, man. :)

Do you mean free or do you have a budget. Most good piano samples are around $200. There's several very good piano soundfonts out there for free.

http://www.guraydere.com/soundfonts/

I recommend the Clavinova v1 or 2. With proper playing, processing and mastering it can sound amazing. That's if you want a softer more intimate sound.

If you want a sharper, jazzier/pop sound http://www.naturalstudio.co.uk/ns_piano.html this one's pretty good also.

These are significant upgrades to what you used on your submission, so...Have fun. :)

Thanks also GrayLightning. These will definitely come in handy.

Also, I'm looking for a nice slow bar chimes sound. Not like a single chromatic bell but the kind that percussionists have with their drum kits that sound like wind chimes. The slower the better. I've found some samples but they are really poor quality and I want this sample to be able to stand essentially on its own in the song. Thanks!

Do you mean belltrees? I might have a free one I could share. I would need to look for it first before I can tell for sure. But unfortunately most of them are indeed fast strokes. You would need to either pitch shift it or timewarp it to get the intended effect you're looking for.

Yeah, belltrees. Hopefully I wouldn't have to slow it down too much. I just rememebred where I heard a really great one on OCR and coincidentally its GrayLightning's Return of the Pheonix mix. Right at the beginning are some beautiful chimes. A free sample would be great but I'd be willing to pay for one if I could be pointed in a good direction.

Yeah, belltrees. Hopefully I wouldn't have to slow it down too much. I just rememebred where I heard a really great one on OCR and coincidentally its GrayLightning's Return of the Pheonix mix. Right at the beginning are some beautiful chimes. A free sample would be great but I'd be willing to pay for one if I could be pointed in a good direction.

Small world. That would be a plain ole windchime, in this case I used Reason's default Orkester with heavy processing (a bit of pitch shift down, time shift to slow it down further, a little bit of delay and double reverb of space warp, and then a hall with finally automated stereo delay + panning).

I think I have a free wav of something similar. I'll need to find it when I have time. I'll pm you about it tomorrow.

thnx in advance.

EDIT: Due to a friend of mine who is chinese I here by bring you some examples of what I could use:

Sheng (Pan Pipe)

Ruan (Guitar)

Pipa (Lute)

Yue-Qin (Mandolin)

San-Xian (Banjo)

Hand Drum

Guys come on, dont pretend im a ghost :P:x hook a brotha up! :P

I'm looking for soundfonts/samples of some ochestral percussion. I don't know what to call it, but you can hear something similar in the Final Fantasy X OST ("17. Aeon Battle" on the 4th disc). It's the loud and epic percussion throughout the song.

Sorry I couldn't describe it clearly enough (not really musically inclined), so here's a 100kb sample.

http://dman.orcon.net.nz/snd.mp3

Thanks.

I'm looking for soundfonts/samples of some ochestral percussion. I don't know what to call it, but you can hear something similar in the Final Fantasy X OST ("17. Aeon Battle" on the 4th disc). It's the loud and epic percussion throughout the song.

Sorry I couldn't describe it clearly enough (not really musically inclined), so here's a 100kb sample.

http://dman.orcon.net.nz/snd.mp3

Thanks.

The percussion sounds like Timpani drums and cymbals. Orchestral is not exactly my forte so I can't be too specific but there are some decent timpanis in the Squidfont Orchestral soundfont on Darkesword's soundfont site. Those drums are common enough that you can probably find some good free ones in the percussive or drumkit section of Hammersound also.

LooPKiD, I posted a link at Mythril Nazgul's request that you might find useful several pages ago in this thread. Have a look.

After scoutin' the previous pages i found your link and i also founded that i already found that site a couple of days ago and leeched every last one of them soundfonts. But i still am in need of more :roll: ..

The percussion sounds like Timpani drums and cymbals. Orchestral is not exactly my forte so I can't be too specific but there are some decent timpanis in the Squidfont Orchestral soundfont on Darkesword's soundfont site. Those drums are common enough that you can probably find some good free ones in the percussive or drumkit section of Hammersound also.

Cool. I already had squidfont, just didn't realise it had what I wanted. Roland Orchestral Rhythm is quite good as well.

Small world. That would be a plain ole windchime, in this case I used Reason's default Orkester with heavy processing (a bit of pitch shift down, time shift to slow it down further, a little bit of delay and double reverb of space warp, and then a hall with finally automated stereo delay + panning).

I think I have a free wav of something similar. I'll need to find it when I have time. I'll pm you about it tomorrow.

Sorry it took a while, I've been busy. I've uploaded the first version now in 256kbps mp3 and wav format. ChimesA.mp3

Edit: Geocities keeps invalidating the wav format. If you really need the wav format I could send it to you directly. The high encoding of the mp3 sounds good though. ;)

I'll try to put up more free chime variations or kinds when I get the time.

thnx in advance.

Sheng (Pan Pipe)

Ruan (Guitar)

Pipa (Lute)

Yue-Qin (Mandolin)

San-Xian (Banjo)

Hand Drum