Sample Request

Ok, the file is called Proteus3_Presets_SEC.sf2

Sf2midi.com has it.

Thank You Very Much :D * Bows Gratefully *

EIDT: you have to register to that site in able to D/L the sf2.. right now im to lazy to do it. If you're already registered to that site could u send it to me via mail?

I wondered if anyone who has a Yamaha P200 (or possibly 250) keyboard, could make a soundfont of the Grand Piano 1 and EGP 3 (I think it's 1 & 7) put together, or of just the EGP 3. (7). Or, if someone has a soundfont that sounds like that combination, maybe could point me to it. thanks!

Could anyone reccomend a good magazine that comes with sample CD's? I know of a few, but subscriptions to these are expensive, so If I could get any reccomendations, it would be appreciated. To me, the content of the magazine would be just as important as the quality of samples usually included.

I just figured I'd post in this thread because my request is mainly focused on the samples.

Thanks for any reccomendations.

Not really a samples request, but I figure some of you might know.

Does anyone know how I can unpack sfpack files on Mac OS X?

Apparently, the sfpack author has mysteriously disappeared as well, so a lot of people are concerned about the sfpack format. In any case I found a program for "sfark", but no sfpack files.

In the meantime I will fire up my old PC to unpack the files but if anyone knows an easier way I'd be ecstatic to hear about it. Thanks!

Not really a samples request, but I figure some of you might know.

Does anyone know how I can unpack sfpack files on Mac OS X?

Apparently, the sfpack author has mysteriously disappeared as well, so a lot of people are concerned about the sfpack format. In any case I found a program for "sfark", but no sfpack files.

In the meantime I will fire up my old PC to unpack the files but if anyone knows an easier way I'd be ecstatic to hear about it. Thanks!

Darkesword has an 'sfpack' prog. on his site -> http://soundfonts.darkesword.com/

I REALLY need..

Strings (violin mainly) that sound good and don't have a long attack time. I have some decent sounding soundfonts for strings, but none of them can do anything faster than a quarter note without being cut off entirely because of the attack time.

Clean sounding trombone/trumpet/french horn/any orchestral brass. I have a few, but of course, they just don't fit what I want. I have squidfont but those don't do much for me. I have that 'joshua melodic trumpet' but I can't seem to get that to produce the sound I want, no matter how much I change the equalizer or add effects.

The sound I'm going for is something for an orchestral piece.

That's all for now. Thank you for whatever you may so graciously give me.

I REALLY need..

Who doesn't?

Strings (violin mainly) that sound good and don't have a long attack time. I have some decent sounding soundfonts for strings, but none of them can do anything faster than a quarter note without being cut off entirely because of the attack time.

Clean sounding trombone/trumpet/french horn/any orchestral brass. I have a few, but of course, they just don't fit what I want. I have squidfont but those don't do much for me. I have that 'joshua melodic trumpet' but I can't seem to get that to produce the sound I want, no matter how much I change the equalizer or add effects.

The sound I'm going for is something for an orchestral piece.

That's all for now. Thank you for whatever you may so graciously give me.

Papelmedia has some nice strings with a fast attack (papelmedia.de). There's also a nice wide string ensemble at sf2midi.com called "Strings2.sf2".

For brass, visit projectsam.com. They offer great brass demos.

Hope that helps.

Does anyone have or know of a sample of a large crowd, like, an army crowd or a staduim crowd that's just like "AHHHH!"? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

I have a few crowd samples from a soundfont that I found somewhere that are ok. You'll have to loop them because they are relatively short. I could send the soundfont which alreay has the looping also if that would be better. I would also check findsounds.com. Sometimes they have just what I'm looking for.

Could anyone reccomend a good magazine that comes with sample CD's? I know of a few, but subscriptions to these are expensive, so If I could get any reccomendations, it would be appreciated. To me, the content of the magazine would be just as important as the quality of samples usually included.

I just figured I'd post in this thread because my request is mainly focused on the samples.

Thanks for any reccomendations.

seconded. i too would like to know of some good mags, especially some that come with samples and crud.

I'm currently in the planning stage of my first remix, and for the first part I need a few sound effects. I'm looking for them myself ATM through Google, but a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

The sounds I need:

• Various chainsaw noises
  • Walking/running on grass
  • Panting and heavy breathing as if someone's running
  • Male voice shouting "Oh God help me!" or similar
  • Blood splattering or suitable surrogate
  • Ripping through flesh

Any help, as said, would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking for a nice distorted guitar sound, but wet distortion. Very ambient, and relaxing kind of distortion, not metal. I tried changing around the FL Slayer samples but they're not really what I'm looking for. A guitar with wet distortion which will work well in ambience

I'm currently in the planning stage of my first remix, and for the first part I need a few sound effects. I'm looking for them myself ATM through Google, but a nudge in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

The sounds I need:

• Various chainsaw noises
  • Walking/running on grass
  • Panting and heavy breathing as if someone's running
  • Male voice shouting "Oh God help me!" or similar
  • Blood splattering or suitable surrogate
  • Ripping through flesh

Any help, as said, would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm... I'm on vacation right now, but when I get back in a few days, I could try and dig some up, or maybe even record some on my PC at home. Not promising anything though. You could check www.findsounds.com. That's always a good site for samples.

Oh, and I'm still searching for mags. Anyone?

BUMP me if this request already passed.

im lookin'for crowd samples,(not the ones that have been requested before). I'm lookin' for a bunch of people screaming "Hoooo!!, Hoooo!!" or "WHat!! WHat!!" You now how that is in the urban music, those are the type of samples im lookin'for..

thnx in advance :)

Anyone know a good harpsichord soundfont?

Apparently this never got answered, and I'm looking for one myself right now. (Search turned up nothing useful.)

I'm a fan of Campbell's harpsichord soundfont. (hammersound) You could also try the one in Titanic SF, which is pretty good if I remember.