Sample Request

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ah here we go, sorry about before as I don't come here much.

Does anyone know where I might get some good voice samples? I'd like a middle eastern woman's voice, oohs, ahhs, and some humms. That heart of asia CD wasn't quite what I was looking for, but almost there. Thanks!

I'm not sure of any other vocal libraries that exist for that sort of thing. You could try Vocal Planet..

K, so I lost all of my samples/soundfonts and I'm re-building as intelligently as I can. Tefnek gave me this:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=37272

...which... really does belong here anyway, and I got soundfonts.darkesword.icanread... and I DREAD going back to hammersound although I know I will... (last time I d/led EVERY link that worked...) but I'm posting here mainly to get one of two things:

1- A nice big zip or rar of breakbeats. I only had like 30 before but they were enough.

and 2- I want to replenish fast. Can't anyone who has space torrent their complete collection? Or zip it for me and meet me online to send it? Or do something that isn't as retarded as going everywhere for everything; grabbing one at a time?

Danka.

Ah here we go, sorry about before as I don't come here much.

Does anyone know where I might get some good voice samples? I'd like a middle eastern woman's voice, oohs, ahhs, and some humms. That heart of asia CD wasn't quite what I was looking for, but almost there. Thanks!

I'm not sure of any other vocal libraries that exist for that sort of thing. You could try Vocal Planet..

Some pretty decent choirs in soundfont format were just uploaded to sf2midi.com. For the most part they're high-quality albeit generic choir samples, though there are multiple vowel sounds and some pretty neat choir effects. If you have a fast connection it might not hurt to see if you can use them somehow. Filesizes range from 5MB to 30MB.

There's also some Kurzweil Vocals on the site. I haven't checked these out personally though.

and 2- I want to replenish fast. Can't anyone who has space torrent their complete collection? Or zip it for me and meet me online to send it? Or do something that isn't as retarded as going everywhere for everything; grabbing one at a time?

Sorry to step on your feet, LAOS. But I lost my files in a HDD crash too and it took me friggin 3 months to get at least 57% back of what I had once - the rest wasn't available anymore. A bit homework is needed. Especially at the KVR Boards cause half of the links are dead (for example the Maestro stuff).

And one hint next time:

Do backups on a regular base. My last HDD crash gave me that painful lesson.

Ok, failure to come up with anything in the last 3 CompoSTs led me to the conclusion that I need some non-instrumental sounds - all I've got right now is instruments and FL's default samples.

While I could go around free sample sites and pick and choose what I want, right now I'm not exactly sure of everything I'll need, and I'm not online all the time either, so I won't be able to get a certain sound if I don't have it in the middle of the night.

So I want to look around and get a sample CD of some kind. Notforanythingspecific,justafairly "general" one with various types of s amples. Can anyone recommend one, or at least where to start looking for o

1 ------|

|1------|

32------| |

|1------|

16------| | |

|16-----| |

17------| |

|1------|

8 ------| | |

|8------| | |

25------| | | |

|8------| |

9 ------| | |

|9------| |

24------| |

|1------|

4 ------| | |

|4------| | |

29------| | | |

|4------| | |

13------| | | | |

|13-----| | | |

20------| | | |

|4------| |

5 ------| | |

|5------| | |

28------| | | |

|5------| |

12------| | |

|12-----| |

21------| |

|1------

2 ------| |

|2------| |

31------| | |

|2------| |

15------| | | |

|15-----| | |

18------| | |

|2------| |

7 ------| | | |

|7------| | | |

26------| | | | |

|7------| | |

10------| | | |

|10-----| | |

23------| | |

|2------|

3 ------| |

|3------| |

30------| | |

|3------| |

14------| | | |

|14-----| | |

19------| | |

|3------|

6 ------| |

|6------| |

27------| | |

|6------|

11------| |

|11-----|

22------|

ne?

Does anyone around have any in-depth knowledge of ethnic samples? Instruments like Sitars, Lutes, Voices, Celtic Flutes... all the sorts of things you'd hear on the Suikoden arrange albums. Samples like that seem to be a little harder to track down than the more common instruments, so I'd like to see other people's experience with ethnic sample packages.

Totally OT but it has to be said.... the Suikoden arrange albums kick total ass.

Hey, I recently switched to FL Studio, I just have one question. I'm just wondering if those Samplefusion samples are worth downloading. I don't wan't to download 2 gigs just to find out that they're crap.

Hey, I recently switched to FL Studio, I just have one question. I'm just wondering if those Samplefusion samples are worth downloading. I don't wan't to download 2 gigs just to find out that they're crap.

They are worth it.

They are worth it.

assuming you're talking about the percussion, yes. there's some excellent stuff there. I don't know so much about any of the actual intruments, though - who's actually bought some of the pitched-instrument sample cd's from them and can give us a headsup on quality?