Sample Request

1) KONTAKT 2 costs approximately $499 ($100 more) See here for some evidence.

So what? You like paying more? Halion is only 399bucks as I mentioned earlier

2) I wasn't saying it CAN'T work as a VST or stand-alone I was just explaining that my reasons for not reading into are related to the fact I didn't like Cubase, that the very same Steinberg were behind. I know they practically invented VSTi technology, but that doesn't mean that my opinion of Cubase's tendency not to be as user-friendly as I'd like doesn't put me off their other products.

Blah blah blah, bitch bitch bitch. That old "OMG $T3INBERG IS T3H EV1L F1RM BL00DSUKKAS" thing I can't even see anymore at KVRAudio either.

You might be right that they did a lot of shit with Cubase. But hell... Halion is one of the stablest and simplest sampler I've seen out there. Halion, Kontakt. You're all just high on it cause it's "Native Instruments" - associated with Reaktor and stuff. And Steinberg is just an evil german bloodsucking firm that produces a shitty sequencer full of bugs and CPU hog and Fruity Loops is "teh shit!". (as if FL and especially NI isn't a CPU hog!)

Yeah right.

Again no hard feelings and if you like HALion that's great. I'm sure others find it to be a great sampler and would prefer it over others, including said KONTAKT 2. I might be interested too, I just haven't had the time to check it out yet and have already ordered KONTAKT 2 myself so I won't be until I have some extra cash. Then by all means I'll consider it.

Well... A bit more patience and maybe a test at a local music store (or got a demo CD - I know that both Halion and Kontakt demos are out there!) would have given you a smaller headache. This way you blew out more than I did (well aside of the fact that I upgraded from a "used" version). You didn't even "try" to inform yourself cause you were disgusted by Steinberg and were all high on Native Instruments.

For me, this is an end of discussion. 'nuff said. Sorry.

Erm.....okay you took that WAY too seriously.

You said in your earlier post that "HALion was NOT cheaper than KONTAKT 2" then I gave evidence that it IS cheaper to try and SUPPORT your view that HALion might be a better option. Jeez....I even said myself in an earlier post that the fact HALion was cheaper was only a GOOD thing. Get your facts right please.

I did not have a direct stab at you and was only suggesting my OPINION. I didn't say HALion IZ TEH EVIL!!!111 or anything of the sort. I'm sorry I prefer Native Instruments but after seeing people like zircon, and other people who use a lot of software synths and samplers, put it too good use and compliment it I have plenty of reasons to feel this way.

As for a test in a local music store....you gotta be joking...I live in Scotland. Stores around here don't do that sort of thing because there is a very little market for music software up here. Most places don't even STOCK HALion, nevermind let you go and try it out for free.

Oh and don't go knocking FL Studio. I'm sorry I don't have shit-loads of cash to shell out for a program that's way beyond my head. FL is simple, I like things simple and that is why it appeals to me. And for your information, I like Cakewalk Pro Audio as well and FL is very similar to it in a lot of ways.

And finally, I DID upgrade from a used version and got it for half price. You think that getting something for 50% of its RRP is retarded? :?

Usually I don't do this, but the demand comes up over and over. So this will be an exception from my side and I won't guarantee that the file(s) will be up in a couple of weeks anymore. So grab them while they're hot!

:arrow:I'm offering you:

A free Piano and Harpsichord Collection in SF2 format that you can snag from my torrent tracker. Packed in RAR, around 252MB.

Included are the following pianos:

Clavinova (Yamaha) - 11,4MB/126,6MB

EMU Pianos (Bösendorfer/Grand) - 4,2MB/8,4MB

Hubbe VeloPiano (Classic/Generic/Jazz) - 13,4MB/22,7MB/28,9MB

Maestro Malmsjö - 201MB

NS Piano - 28,4MB

Soeren Bovbjerg (Fiazioli Grand, Steinway C Grand, Steinway C Bright) - 17,2MB/11,5MB/30,3MB

Splendid Grand - 138,1MB

Warren Trachtman (Steinway) - 22,2MB

Included are the following Harpsichords:

Harpsichord (multi SF2 programmed FX patches) - 1,8MB

Haunted Harpsichord SEC - 7,9MB

I hope you enjoy that collection as there're some rare treasures among it. And don't forget to share, so leave your torrent open even after you snagged it!

cheers

*critism like "sukz bawlz" will be ignored - it's not my fault that you can't get the pianos/harsichord to sound good. EQ and effects are also a key to success. If you still don't like them, whatever the reason may be (not going into it here), buy some GIGA/AKAI samples or one of those many piano VSTi samplepacks out there*

I love the splendid grand...It's all I use in everything I do, because it is really versatile.

Which version of the splendid grand piano is that by the way? From what I know, there are two of them...one can easily be found on the net (7.2 or something), but the other is almost impossible to find (3.6) (the earlier version).

Anyway...I am looking for a really good sample (preferably sf2) of pizzicato strings...It seems like every set of them I have found is either stabbingly annoying and too strong, or just not pronounced enough...I need something in between. I have tried EQing the ones I already have, but there doesn't seem to be much improvement. So if anyone has the pizzicato strings samples to end all samples, please let me know. Thanks.

I have no idea which Splendid, nor can I check atm. Sorry. All I know is that I found it after long searches for SF2s and I was like "138MB? Gotta check that out. Nice layers! In the collection with it".

EDIT:

Just checked, seems to be the last version that came out. And if it's not - doesn't matter. Enough good material in the pack.

EDIT2:

I guess I'll take down the torrent tonight, as those beyatches who snag stuff doesn't seem to be able to share. Nice work folks... nice work. It's not my duty (alone) to offer the files, hell no. You had your chance. ¬_¬

EDIT2:

I guess I'll take down the torrent tonight, as those beyatches who snag stuff doesn't seem to be able to share. Nice work folks... nice work. It's not my duty (alone) to offer the files, hell no. You had your chance. ¬_¬

I'm seeding it right now. I'll probably have to cap it when I play games, though, and I don't let the computer run while I sleep. Good collection, I might add.

• 4 weeks later...
But I REALLY need a good wind (as in "it is a WINDY day out") soundfont

Wha? A wind soundfont? Do you mean to say wind SFX? If yarr be willin to spend about $13 you can download some top quality SFX including all the wind you'll ever need.

http://www.mi7libraries.com/main/sfx/search.jsp?type=sfx&keyword=&freeText=wind&submit=Search

Note: The demos of course are low-encoded. What you buy are uncompressed wavs. They are really good, worth the money if you can't afford overused hollywood SFX.

I could give you a wind sfx if you're nice and you tell me which ones you want from that website.

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HELL IS WITH MOVIES USING THE SAME EXACT SFX OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN EVERY DAMN MOVIE, SOMETIMES EVEN GAMES DO THIS, IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN WILL SOMEONE CREATE SOME NEW SFX FOR THE MARKET!!! JEEZ DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/end rant

it would be very ignorant and arrogant to claim that there are no wind (sfx) soundfont files anywhere, ever.

this is yet another piece of evidence in favor of my many arguments against your sanity, arg.

chavous, drop me an email/pm and I can hook you up with a wind soundfont. it's even free, whoodathunkt

also arg, stop giving away (or offering to give away) commercial products. I'm pretty sure that's piracy.

I don't think a soundfont is the best way to add SFX to your music. Uncompressed wav format is the right way to go because with wav you can cut it up and paste into different parts of your music. For some reason though, when I cut up a wav file and paste it into another file, the wav would lose lots of quality. (I was using Creative Wave Studio) So just make sure that when you cut it up you don't lose quality. To avoid this (if it happens) cut *EVERYTHING ELSE* away and save the piece you want so you avoid transferring a piece to another file. Get what I'm sayin?

Original Wav: | | | | |

Original Wav: |

--NOT--

Original Wav: | | | | |

New Wav: |

| = a piece of the wav

Edit: By the way, Unkown, could you hook me up with that wind soundfont?

SERIOUSLY, WHAT THE HELL IS WITH MOVIES USING THE SAME EXACT SFX OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN IN EVERY DAMN MOVIE, SOMETIMES EVEN GAMES DO THIS, IT PISSES ME OFF WHEN WILL SOMEONE CREATE SOME NEW SFX FOR THE MARKET!!! JEEZ DAMNIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/end rant

I think every mainstream sound effect in use today was made in the early 90's or prior. It was stale like five years ago.

seriously, like that high-pitched guy-falls-off-a-ledge scream that's been in like every action movie?

also, who cares if a sample is old or not if it gets the job done? personally, hearing that particular scream makes a movie all the more enjoyable for me - almost links the movie with the older ones.

(also, if you're going to complain about something, try fixing the problem first)

first of all, do you understand how soundfonts work, and have you ever used one? I'm not seeing why chopping up a wav would be more efficient when adding sfx when soundfonts can be set to play a different part of a wav for every key.

Because it really isn't the best way to do things. I used to do things like that before I started using FLStudio completely.

so cut the crap and lets get back ontopic..

I'm ever so lookin' for a Spanish Ac. Guit. please anyone direct me to a nice .sf2 or sample.. If I get that sample I'm gon' be god, lol :D

if i recall there's a pretty good spanish guitar in Plugsound Free. it's a VSTi though, if you have a problem with that...

OMFG I WORSHIP U 8O this is niceeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D after so long I finally found a suitable spanish guit.. :)

+2 for you suzumebachi :D

Still need a flute / pan flute.

Also looking for a reverse cymbal that doesn't suddenly cut off (like the R. cymbal sample I'm using now, it's just a regular cymbal hit, backwards). What would be even cooler would be a reverse bass drum / snare like Iron Maiden did in their song Renegade.