Sample Request

2 things...

Can someone send be the bolland brass section that that other guy requested? For some reason i couldn't downloada it.

Also

Can anybody tell me the best free strings soundfont and where to get it? Im lookin for a string lead sound and not just background strings. The one i currently use doenst have the power to carry the melody.

Can anybody help me?

Ah, if that Roland Brass Section Soundfont is the one I'm thinking of, it is indeed a good one. It took me a while to find a decent-sounding Brass Section.

I have two requests: First, can anyone recommend a good Orchestra Hit Soundfont? Preferrably one that sounds natural (i.e., like an actual orchestra, not the more filtered/artificial ones)? Second, Saxophones. All of the Soundfont ones I've found suck... real bad. Any recommendations?

Oh, and as an aside, I highly recommend Extreme Sample Converter to anyone who works with Soundfonts. Lets you easily preview each instrument in all of your Soundfonts, and you can even export individual instruments as their own SF2 files, or export individual samples as WAVs. It works with lots of other sample formats, too.

Ah, if that Roland Brass Section Soundfont is the one I'm thinking of, it is indeed a good one. It took me a while to find a decent-sounding Brass Section.

I have two requests: First, can anyone recommend a good Orchestra Hit Soundfont? Preferrably one that sounds natural (i.e., like an actual orchestra, not the more filtered/artificial ones)? Second, Saxophones. All of the Soundfont ones I've found suck... real bad. Any recommendations?

Oh, and as an aside, I highly recommend Extreme Sample Converter to anyone who works with Soundfonts. Lets you easily preview each instrument in all of your Soundfonts, and you can even export individual instruments as their own SF2 files, or export individual samples as WAVs. It works with lots of other sample formats, too.

Again, soundfonts.darkesword.com. Roland Orchestral Percussion for the hits, and the saxophone on there is the best one I have.

DEFINITELY the Roland Orchestral Percussion for the hits. Not only are they quality, but have several different samples based on mode (major/minor/diminished). You can get them from the URL below. You'll also find a high quality Soprano Sax soundfont here as well for your saxophone needs. Otherwise, you might try SampleTank 2 Free, which has a decent Alto Sax.

http://www.guraydere.com/soundfonts/sfdetails.aspx?kat=4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know where I can find a good erhu patch?

I've already got the chinese orchestral erhu soundfont, but it's not the sound I'm looking for at all. I've also got the erhu rex loops refill, but it's useless to me as I want to be able to construct proper melodies with a patch.

If anyone doesn't know what an erhu is, it's that oriental violin type instrument, it was used in the Shenmue soundtrack.

I'm looking for an industrial drum set (with "trash can" drums and the like). I don't know if anyone would be able to find that, but if you already have something like it, an industrial drumset would be appreciated.

Hi I'm looking for some quality ethnic samples. Mostly Celtic, but others would be awesome too. Some primary samples I'm looking for are: Uillean Pipes, Accordion, Bodhran (Irish Drum), and an Ethnic Fiddle sound.

thanks!

p.s. is there anyway to search text in a specific topic? That way I don't have to scroll through 49 pages of posts just to make sure this hasn't already been requested 100 times?

Well choirs have been requested many times before, but none of the links are working whitch is not a big surprise concerning they are so old.

I need good choir ahh too. Also I would like a good flute soundfont and heavy metal guitar. Thanks from the help

Looking for the flute (might be a pan flute) sample that you'll here in a lot of Asian traditional music. It does the strange trill in the middle of a note. Destiny uses it in her mix "Into the Deep." I've emailed her about it, but do any of you know where I might find the sample of it? I'm using Reason 3.0, so if it comes standard with the program and I'm just flat out missing it, let me know :).