Sample Request

• 2 weeks later...

I want a full Chior <= $500 US. I don't want soundfonts (sf2), I want higher quality sample sets. Kontakt format prefered, but not required as Kontakt 2 will open anything to some degree.

The EWQL Choir library sounds awesome, but it costs $1000.

I have my eye on Voices of the Apocalypse, but I use Kontakt and that is a Giga library. While I'm sure Kontakt will load the samples, I'm not so sure how the word-building utility would work with Kontakt. If anyone has expiriance, please tell.

I also have my eye on Peter Siedlaczek´s Classic Complete Collection, but I am not sure if I want the excess baggange of Advanced Orchestra and Orchestral Colors (though I do like the Smart Violins...)

Yeah, all EastWest libraries. I guess I can't call myself a Garritan fanboy anymore. :roll:

Thanks.

P.S. I'm still looking for that Euphonium....

The names that praised Symphony of Voices impress me (as do the demos). But it seems bloated for what I would use it for. I could do without disc four and many of the cluster and 12 tone programs on the other discs. I'll probably wait for a price drop before that one.

I think I'll go with VOTA. It's at a good price right now anyways.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmmm, idea hit me recently, and I've been hunting around for a "decent" boy's or children's choir. (think Greenbird from Cowboy Bebop)

I know there's a few out good ones out there that involve money, but I'm more on the side of "amateur lookin for free soundfonts" I have a couple that are "okayish" for about an octave or so, but outside that, it's pretty obvious the sample changes.

Just wondering if there's something a little better, or more uniform out there. Mebbe I just need to take a closer look at sf2midi -.-

thanks in advance

-Vay

somehow i'm not surrpised heh.

*grumbles and starts saving his pennies*

I kinda want to use a boy's choir in the middle of the SotN chapel mix i'm working on. It's not absolutely necessary though, and I can always update it later on. Mebbe I'll get lucky. Or mebbe I'll try and save for that Giovanni Edition after I get my monitors. It looked interesting.

I've done some searching, but I can't seem to find any "nature" sounds (VST, soundfont, what have you) such as birds chirping (And not the synth kind of trill, or just the same bird in different keys) or water, or rain or wind or anything.

I suppose soundfonts might not be the way to go, but if anybody has any links to sounds like these (free or otherwise) would you mind linking me to them?

Thanks.

Thanks. I guess it'll do for what I need it for, even if there IS a whole bunch of un-related stuff in it :P

Now here's another tricky one... seeing as I don't know if it's an actual instrument or what, does anybody have a sound of that sort of... metal type drumstick that people use repeatedly right after each other really fast in some pieces?

Here... if you want to hear what I'm talking about, check out Palpable's Mystical Ninja Goemon remix at about 01:35 http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01255/

I can't seem to identify what that sound is. Let me know though if you have any samples of it.

Thanks. I guess it'll do for what I need it for, even if there IS a whole bunch of un-related stuff in it :P

Now here's another tricky one... seeing as I don't know if it's an actual instrument or what, does anybody have a sound of that sort of... metal type drumstick that people use repeatedly right after each other really fast in some pieces?

Here... if you want to hear what I'm talking about, check out Palpable's Mystical Ninja Goemon remix at about 01:35 http://www.ocremix.org/remix/OCR01255/

I can't seem to identify what that sound is. Let me know though if you have any samples of it.

I recommend that you contact the mixer of that mix!!

Hello everyone,

Im looking for some sound effects in the style of Guilty Gear, soul blade, etc...

Beat m ups with power moves, like when they do a super move, the screen freezes for a sec and you see these wicked flames around their feet/fist and you hear these cool "!!CHING!!" sound effects. I hope you guys know what Im referring to, Id really appreciate it if somebone could give me access to these kind of sounds, or explain me how to make them, or just point me out in a right direction Wink).

Thx in advance.

(I think im looking for the Sword SHING sounds)

I've just found this neat sample resource today, donno if it's already been posted or not: http://www.philharmonia.co.uk.

They have a bunch of free orchestral samples ready for use; the only downside is that they are in a raw state (ie, wave and aiff), and need to be manually put together to make good use of them. But there's so many notes and articulations that I'm sure it's certainly possible to create a giga/konkakt package from it or whatnot, with some time and skill.

Can anyone recommend some good assorted vocal samples? Not the standard choir, more like the random phrases/interjections/whatever that techno and electronica love to use so much. I think I've heard such samples in Rellik and bLiNd's work. You know, the kind of thing that made up like 70% of Jet Set Radio Future's soundtrack.

Ideas?

Umm this is going to be a weird request... but does anyone have access to samples of the Teletubbies? I need the teletubbies voices, the narrators voice, them singing, and that baby-sun laughing.

If noone has the samples direct, can you direct me to where i can download an episode i can rip the sounds off? i cant use P2P programs, only net access is at work

aight check:

I'm lookin' for any type of FX type sample(packs)..

the type of FX samples, you can drop in 1 (or 2) bar drumbreak...

Any type of sound will be appreciated..

Hit me back...

Thnx in advance...

I might have a couple of things. I'll upload them when i get back from work tonight (11pmEST~)