Sample Request

Here's an odd one, but I need it for my Star Fox drum corps project. The final result of the project will be one big file that I will attempt to make sound like it was recorded at an actual drum corps contest.

I need crowd noise. A large crowd. Preferable with no reverb.

I need sevreral different applauses, including a couple of huge ones, some small, quieter ones, perhaps a noise floor.

No air horns or noise makers or any of that stuff.

Any format is acceptable as I will just rip the samples out of it, but WAV is preferred.

aight check:

I'm lookin' for any type of FX type sample(packs)..

the type of FX samples, you can drop in 1 (or 2) bar drumbreak...

Any type of sound will be appreciated..

Hit me back...

Thnx in advance...

I might have a couple of things. I'll upload them when i get back from work tonight (11pmEST~)

Ehm Myf ?? plz don't forget me :cry:

Too lazy to tell us what kind of wav files you're looking for? What do you want, audio clips from movies, or instruments?

Orchestral mainly. Ethnic stuff. Shakuhachi and koto stuff would be nice. Some sitar samples, maybe some Celtic sounds too. Oh and I need a decent set of choir samples, along with some snice Enya style vocals.

Can you help me out?

Can anyone recommend some good assorted vocal samples? Not the standard choir, more like the random phrases/interjections/whatever that techno and electronica love to use so much. I think I've heard such samples in Rellik and bLiNd's work. You know, the kind of thing that made up like 70% of Jet Set Radio Future's soundtrack.

Ideas?

I have voice packs of famous reused rap phrases, and other stuff. As well as voice soundfonts. My weirdest soundfont ever is a James Brown (:!:) soundfont.

aight check:

Hit me back...

Thnx in advance...

I might have a couple of things. I'll upload them when i get back from work tonight (11pmEST~)

Myf ??

aight check:

Hit me back...

Thnx in advance...

Myf ??

Never guessed I had to pull out the (in)famous quoting technique. :P

Whats a good site for movie quote samples? The ones i keep finding are very low quality...

EDIT: Ok just tried Google (usually use Altavista:Sound) and found acouple of good sites. Still list acouple in case I cant find what i'm looking for :P

EDIT 2: Ok i can find random samples, but I'm trying to find ones of someone saying 'Destiny' '... save the world' 'are you ready!?' and '...fate'

• 2 weeks later...

sephfire, you're looking for random phrases? Those quotes you refer to are typically mined out of old movies (or radio programs), usually obscure ones. They are very easy to sample most of the time because often there is no background noise during scenes.

If I were you, I'd just pop in a DVD of Roman Holiday or something and start thinking about what lines you might be able to use while you watch; you're best off sampling this sort of thing yourself imo.

DZComposer: Likewise, for crowd noise sounds, I'm sure you could find some crowd noises to sample on almost any recording of any live show of any musical group.

Oshitz, sorry DZC, i forgot I was going to link you to a couple crowd noises...ignore the compression issues when you sample them, they disappear when you download it.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=19773

This one is just of a crowded street.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=1921

Some applause.

http://freesound.iua.upf.edu/samplesViewSingle.php?id=18365

Personally my favorite, crowd gets louder after a while.

aight check:

Hit me back...

Thnx in advance...

Myf ??

Never guessed I had to pull out the (in)famous quoting technique. :P

Ehmm.. :?