Sample Request

aight check:

I'm lookin' for any type of FX type sample(packs)..

the type of FX samples, you can drop in 1 (or 2) bar drumbreak...

Any type of sound will be appreciated..

Hit me back...

Thnx in advance...

I might have a couple of things. I'll upload them when i get back from work tonight (11pmEST~)

Ehm Myf ?? plz don't forget me :cry:

Myf ??

Never guessed I had to pull out the (in)famous quoting technique. :P

Ehmm.. :?

...or you could just PM the guy.

Alright, I'm looking for some sort of "percussion" sounds. I don't mean drums, I'm moreso just looking for some of the more rare/random sounds, like... woodblocks, guiros... hmm, a few sounds in particular. If you have heard... the Tales of Symphonia OST >__> "Shinobi Life", there's those woodblock sort of "taps" going on. You can find a similar sound in the Goemon games, or heck, a ton of oriental music. That and that sort of shaker... again, I have no clue what instrument they used to get the sound, so I'm going to refer to House of the Flying Daggers for this :lol: . It's that sort of sleigh bells/shaker hybrid. You can hear it in the beginning of the movie, where... Zhang Ziyi is singing the song while she does that test.

Whoo, movie/game references.. Look, I'm sorry about that, but I just don't know how to describe those sounds. So I guess any asian percussion would be what I'm looking for... minus the drums. I've got lots of those. Hopefully free...?

Steel guitar? Hmm. I have a nice classical guitar that's nylon I believe, but if you're looking for steel, consider checking out a bunch of the big (40-80mb) GM sf2s on hammersound.net . Fluid R3 and Cadenza are good places to start. I often find myself using samples from these kinds of collections because they are typically taken from good hardware workstations.

I'm looking for two things:

1. Marching band percussion

2. A metalic anvil-like hit which is used commonly in movies (for example, the final fight scene in the Matrix: Revolutions).

Both of these have been mentioned elsewhere in this topic, but they got no responses. Also, I have checked hammersound already. Thanks in advance for any info you can give me.

On a side note: wow... it took me about 3 hours to wade through this topic. And now I've got my first 2 gb of samples! (still waiting for FL Studio to come in the mail so I can get another 2 gb of Sample Fusion).

I have never seen a free marching percussion set.

Also, I have only seen one commercial set (which I own a license to) and that is the Virtual Drumline. It also contains a crapload of other percussion sounds.

http://www.tapspace.com/vdl2/ It'll cost you $200.

However, if you want to wait, there is another library coming out that has marching percussion, and that is the Garritan Marching Band library, which will also contain the special Marching Band winds as well.

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46050 This will cost $239.

Anvil shouldn't be too hard to find due to it's common use in opera. Look for Orchestral Percussion packages.

If you can't find one, a break drum is similar in sound (though not as loud and rings longer). VDL has break drums.

I never posted in this thread before but I may give this a shot...

samples/instruments in .xi format for trackers, anyone?

Ziwtra sent me a link a while back with a ton of .xi's. Though i'm not at home right now, I will be tomorrow (for good, thank god), and i'll be sure to give you the link.

so many thanks in advance :D

hit me also on AIM if I'm online, because I don't look in this forum section very much.

I never posted in this thread before but I may give this a shot...

samples/instruments in .xi format for trackers, anyone?

Ziwtra sent me a link a while back with a ton of .xi's. Though i'm not at home right now, I will be tomorrow (for good, thank god), and i'll be sure to give you the link.

so many thanks in advance :D

hit me also on AIM if I'm online, because I don't look in this forum section very much.

http://193.125.152.107/pub/misc/sounds/samples/

Posted here for everyone else to use as well, as it does contain soundfonts too.

I know you'll come check here because getting new sounds is always exciting ;)

Edit: Sorry for the delay... 21st b-day parties tend to have an ill effect on you.

I need a sound...I'm not sure what exactly it's called....it's something like a rototom or something.

Anyway, it's the sound of the drum in this video, the silver one off to the side, you'll hear the sound of it when the camera is on him and he hits it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xJUuN0rT5U&search=the%20ordinary%20boys

So does anyone know what it really is and/or have a sample/soundfont for it?