6th Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy book to be written by Eoin Colfer

Amayirot Akago

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2008/sep/17/douglasadams?gusrc=rss&feed=books

Personally I'm not at all familiar with the author or his works, but he damn well better not mess this up. I and uncountable others have been waiting ages for this day to come.

What's your opinion on this? Godsend, or grave robbing? Either way, we'll all find out in October 2009.

People have been... waiting for another book? For one thing, Adams never wanted to write the last two. And for another, Mostly Harmless ended rather... conclusively.

I can't see this being anything but a disaster.

I agree completely. I hated Mostly Harmless anyways.

Also, I've read most of Colfer's books, and I don't think he could really pull off the style and humor that a Hitchhiker's fan would expect.

No. Just no. Douglas Admas ended his owns series (I hated the ending, but I always felt like it was a move on his part to prevent further asking about sequels.) I'm incredibly disappointed that anyone is making another one, because unless it's a member of Monty Python, no one is going to be able to muster up the kind of humor and amazing observation Adams had. Period. It will only hurt worse if the book really does turn out to suck too.

Why? Is my thoughts mostly, I couldn't even finish the original series because So Long and Thanks For All the Fish rather sucked in my opinion. (So I didn't even bother with what came after).

But really now, this bothers me, it seems like an excuse to try to squeeze some more money out of the series than anything else.

Edit: Or as someone else said on another forum "Hey, there's a dead cow over there! Let's try to milk it!"