OCR01008 - *YES* Final Fantasy 7 'Of Transformants and Brevity' *FT*

Disco Dan

It's a zip file 'cause free hosting, as we all know, sucks. I would have hosted it on the jonx.net server, except that also seems to have been killed lately.

Anyway, info:

Game: Final Fantasy 7

ReMix Title: Of Transformants and Brevity

ReMixer Name: Zyko

E-mail: zyko@sbcglobal.net

Ok, so this is some really weird stuff. Not to say it's BAD, but damn is it ever atmospheric. Some nice guitar work though. A few parts seem like the guitar is a bit out of tune, but for the most part it's pretty solid... or at least as solid as something this atmospheric can get. Sounds pretty cool through headphones. I'mma give it a:

YES

D

Yeeeeeaaaahh.............Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy....

I like the guitar work, it's really good, but I'm not sure if this would fit into OC.

I'm seriously baffed here, I don't know whether to say yes or no. I'll come back and force myself to make a decision if this stays here for an obscene amount of time, but I'm going to back out of this now....slowly....

Transformants - yeah, if you're thinking hallucinogens; brevity - not likely! With all atmospheric pieces must come a sense of planned cohesion, an evolving narration of sounds. This has definitely got that, including an array of heavily processed frets, breaths, vocals, well-strummed guitar, and other oddities. Love the heart-beat ending, though a longer fade-out may have been appropriate. A very spooky twist on the original; an ambient track that attracts curiosity of the enigmatic.

YES