Toonami is dead

Sig Nuka

Just because you don't like a show doesn't mean it's "unworthy" and other people have to hate it too. There's people out there who don't like the show's you've listed, some of them have even posted in this thread. I've never seen Foster's so I can't really speculate on whether it's good or bad myself.

Every time you post about anything you like it is apparently the best thing since sliced bread, and if it's something you don't like it's somehow inferior and you just don't get how people can possibly like it. Maybe you should start looking at your own reasoning when you ask why people like something.

Don't talk down to me. I've heard that speech plenty of times. You know what your problem is? You're completely glossing over the topic of objectivity.

What my point has been, is that Foster's is, objectively speaking, a mediocre show at best, and doesn't deserve to be fiercely defended. Liking the show more or less than someone else has nothing to do with it.

Don't talk down to me. I've heard that speech plenty of times. You know what your problem is? You're completely glossing over the topic of objectivity.

What my point has been, is that Foster's is, objectively speaking, a mediocre show at best, and doesn't deserve to be fiercely defended. Liking the show more or less than someone else has nothing to do with it.

Somebody's got a stick up his ass :D

There's fact, and there's opinion. In reference to determining the quality of a show, both come into role. You can't rely on the opinion of a person who hates all animes (no matter what); they cannot appreciate them. However, if there's a person who knows what makes a story good, what makes art good by standard, and they like anime, they're a better voice to listen to. Liking something doesn't make it quality, and making something quality won't reap everyone's tastes.

Knowing what makes a good show isn't a mathematical logic; there's a such thing as taste. Just as some folks can't hear notes, some can't make a great distinction between half-assed crap and true effort. There are reasons why this is so.

Last, it is possible to like someting that ain't good.

Then why the hell are you on the internet?

Being on the internet /= the necessity to stomach stupidity, so to speak. ^

...and that's all I have to say.

Yeah that's my point, saying someone "must not live in the South" should have no bearing on whether someone finds humor in the show or not.

I did not say "must not {have} live{d} in the South", I said "been". My experience with the South has been different than yours, which is why the show greatly appeals to me and not so much to you and others.

I believe that location does help the show out. You should try Georgia out, Texas is quite a bit off the ol'South trail in my opinion.

I just miss Reboot. A lot.

When ABC canceled the show, Toonami, like 6 years later, was the only thing that allowed me to see Season 3. Man, Season 3 was awesome.

Of course, I blame Mainframe Entertainment for canceling the show after Season 4 (which... wasn't that great), but ABC can go screw itself for getting rid of it on Saturday mornings.

Well for one I'm not talking down to you, for two, if you've heard it plenty of times there's probably a reason

For three what you have said about the show is not very objective.

Also, I don't care what kind of overblown indignant response you may now have ready for me so whatever. You don't like Fosters and I don't care, but it's annoying you keep having to bring it up as if people have to justify liking it to your opinion of what is worth watching.

Also, Reboot was neat, but since I only could watch it when I was visiting my grandparents I've seen far too little of it. :(

Well for one I'm not talking down to you, for two, if you've heard it plenty of times there's probably a reason

Also, I don't care what kind of overblown indignant response you may now have ready for me so whatever. You don't like Fosters and I don't care, but it's annoying you keep having to bring it up as if people have to justify liking it to your opinion of what is worth watching.

Also, Reboot was neat, but since I only could watch it when I was visiting my grandparents I've seen far too little of it. :(

I praise your rationality.

I just miss Reboot. A lot.

When ABC canceled the show, Toonami, like 6 years later, was the only thing that allowed me to see Season 3. Man, Season 3 was awesome.

Of course, I blame Mainframe Entertainment for canceling the show after Season 4 (which... wasn't that great), but ABC can go screw itself for getting rid of it on Saturday mornings.

You do know Mainframe is picking up the series again, don't you? There's a rumor that they're letting fans submit ideas for the plot.

Or at lest, that's what I've heard.

Long live Toonami.

The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest

Dragonball Z

Yu Yu Hakusho

Reboot

Megas XLR

Tenchi Muyo and Universe

Gundam Wing, G Gundam, Gundam 0079, and motherfucking Gundam 08th MS Team

Outlaw Star

Rurouni Kenshin

Justice League

Batmam: The Animated Series and Batman Beyond

Blue Submarine 6

Cowboy Bebop

Ronin Warriors

Samurai Jack

Macross(although I saw this one years before Toonami late night on CN)

So much good shit from Toonami. So many good memories of getting home from school, turning on the tube and watching Johnny Quest or something else. The videos, the game reviews. Everything about Toonami was amazing.

It's been a long time and I've grown up a lot, but Toonami, and the Cartoon Network of olde will always hold a special place in my heart.

Yes, yes, yes, and double-yes!

I can't believe all these shows I used to ritually watch. I don't even know if I understood half the stuff- but it was TV heaven for me. Then... they moved Toonami to Saturdays and waiting once every seven days for a new Dragonball Z was not cool.

Looking at Toonami and then Miguizi is like stabbing my eye... is Miguzi still even around?

Yes, yes, yes, and double-yes!

I can't believe all these shows I used to ritually watch. I don't even know if I understood half the stuff- but it was TV heaven for me. Then... they moved Toonami to Saturdays and waiting once every seven days for a new Dragonball Z was not cool.

Looking at Toonami and then Miguizi is like stabbing my eye... is Miguzi still even around?

DBZ had been over long before they moved to Saturdays. You're thinking of GT. And Miguzi died forever ago. No one wept.

ya hes one of the worst

Like you can talk...:| At least I've never suffered an embarrassing banishment/suspension.:razz: But I'm not interested in making comparisons...

I mentioned quality of plots and depth of humor. Both can be seen objectively (but aren't limited to it). Foster's disappointed in both areas, from that viewpoint. But it's cool if you don't agree. I'll argue objectivity if you wanna go there. If not, no prob! :)

I mentioned quality of plots and depth of humor. Both can be seen objectively (but aren't limited to it). Foster's disappointed in both areas, from that viewpoint. But it's cool if you don't agree. I'll argue objectivity if you wanna go there. If not, no prob! :)

The moment you start basing your opinion of cartoons on "objective" reasons, you cross the line from being a idiot to being a tool with a stick up his ass.

Objectively speaking.

You are correct!

The 1st season is goofy stuff: "Hey, check out our 'games' and 'people in the computer'" kind of stuff. The 2nd season really started to introduce interesting problems and character dilemmas, character growth. It was great. Season 3 was like... well it's like you've been trapped in the Truman Show your whole life, and then you get let out into the real world. Season 3 is an incredible exploration of the show's lore and simply the breadth of the genre, in addition to further complexity of character personalities and psyches, in some cases.

Season 4... well. It has its moments. It's like Season 2, but has lost some of its innocence. In some ways it starts to take itself a little too seriously, but is still very, very enjoyable. Important character histories are explored here.

Anyway, I monologue about Reboot in case it inspires you or somebody to go out of your way and track down the whole series. I downloaded it all a while ago and watched it all together... the quality of it was horrible, but it was worth it.

You do know Mainframe is picking up the series again, don't you? There's a rumor that they're letting fans submit ideas for the plot.

Actually yes, I was all over the announcement last year. They made 5 pitches about possible re-dos of the show, and after some fan backlash, it seems that they're sticking with all the original concepts and story.

My activity in this topic today inspired me to go and look this up again and they've got a nicely sized graphic novel up on the web that is... well, it's great! I'm loving it, and it's still going on. Apparently they're going to be releasing feature-length Reboot movies (again; it's what they did for season 4), this time, a trilogy. I just hope they really give the fans what they want, instead of trying to capture a new audience. Go to www.reboot.com for details. The site isn't very accessible until you register for a free account.

Wasn't that when they were playing Sonic the Hedgehog with in the same cartoon block? The 'serious' version, not the afternoon goofy one with urkle doing Sonic's voice.

I don't remember if it was in the same block... I think Reboot was actually a little later, chronologically, than that version of Sonic. "Sonic: he can really move! Sonic, he's got an ATTITUDE! Sonic: he's the fastest thing alive! He's the fastest thing ALIVE!!" The serious sonic toon was great. Too bad it didn't last long.

I remember the Saturday I woke up and went down expecting to see Reboot... and it didn't come on. Instead, a highly forgettable Alf-style 'puppets with people' style show... called "my little alien" or "alien in the family" or some bullcrap... that had occupied Reboot's segment. I sat through that wretched show, and the next one, and the next one... "well maybe they just moved it to a later time slot". Well, they didn't. I wasted probably a month of Saturday mornings watching terrible ABC kids' shows, crossing my fingers that it would come back on.

If you think I seem traumatized by the incident, you are correct, I was.

At the time, as a child, I was very, very fond of 3D animation and I am today, in fact, a 3D animator. Reboot was a huge inspiration to me, and to this day I find that its cancellation holds an unreasonably large proportioned amount of grief in my past!

In all seriousness though, I've gotten over it, and I'm happy to see it picked up. Hopefully they do it justice. To get back on the subject, Toonami was highly regarded in my eyes for a long, long time because they brought my Reboot back to me. Maybe to late to spare me psychological damage... I was far along in high school when it finally returned to my life... but I still appreciate Toonami for the effort. :-)

The moment you start basing your opinion of cartoons on "objective" reasons, you cross the line from being a idiot to being a tool with a stick up his ass.

Objectively speaking.

I'm sorry, did I break some unwritten rule that puts cartoons on the "uncriticize-able" list? Or does it make me "nerdy"?! (I hate friggen idiots who think like the latter.)

I've seen bits and pieces of Reboot over the years. I remember the last summer it was on CN I was pretty confused because it was into the parts with the kid all grown up and I didn't realize at first that he was the kid. So I was all like "wtf happened to everything?" Then the end came and his home computer got reformatted, and a copy of young him came into existence cause his badge was in the wrong mode or something. Then I was sad cause I wanted to know what had lead up to all of that, but I may never find out!

I never got to see either of the sonic cartoons, well no more than maybe 2 or 3 episodes at random. I wanted to, but I don't see it as a huge loss either cause I hate watching tv shows that are incomplete. Cause I start to like them, than the end comes abruptly and it's like NOO! *pout*