*NO* Sonic the Hedgehog 3 'Ice Cap 2003' *FT*

Protricity

Remix of Sonic 3's Ice Cap Zone.

Song name Ice Cap 2003 remixed by Nikolas Hall/Aka known as Nik Manic.

Please listen to the effort put into this remix before discarding it as just "another ice cap remix"..... i love this song, and still think the perfect remix is yet to be found, thank you for your time.

Nikolas Hall

I think that with so many Ice Cap songs on oc currently, we should ask that this song provide something that isnt already on the site. Just a thought - Prot

ok

i heard this mix first on the WIP board months and months ago. i liked it then. i still like it.

the snare part bothers the hell out of me in the beginning.

Prot said that this ought to offer something new from the other icecap mixes. i feel that it does so. the feel is unique; much different from the other posted mixes. the shift at :30 works incredibly well, and the mix shifts into a very relaxed but fluid feel. there's a nice harp part around 2:00. also, the drums are much more tight in the rest of the song.

this mix has great sounds, and a great feel.

YES

Right off the bat, I'm thinking, the encoding could use a nice bump.

BUT, the track is bumping. Funny, I've never played this game, but I feel like I've heard this theme a lot. About half way through we have a nice solo section.

I dunno... honestly, this song starts to bore me, but it's not BAD. Maybe I've been listening to too much stuff lately, but it's just sort of going by me without striking me as great.

Ok, I know what it is. The bassline is bugging the crap out of me, because it just seems WRONG. It's like, it's supporting one chord progression, and the rest of the song is supporting a SIMILAR, but not cooperative, and certainly different chord progression. Did that make sense? Good.

NO

Relatively speaking, this isn't bad.

However, upon looking closely at just what's going on in this song, it's really really boring. The arrangement's a clever idea, but really isn't executed well because it just seems so long and drawn out and the entire song seems to build and build and build just to... end.

The sounds are really not nice. I kind of like the lead synth with the portamento on it, and the bass isn't too bad, but just about everything else is very not nice. The drum programming is really quite scary, in fact.

It also starts just like the original. Nice and abrupt. :?

Mixing's lacking something. The drums seem a bit too lad in comparison to everything else, and the bass is slightly overpowering. And I'd really have to suggest going with a higher bitrate encode, like 160kbps. The panning of everything is pretty effective, though.

NO

• 2 weeks later...