OCR01758 - Final Fantasy VII "Mako Eyes"

djpretzel

• 2 weeks later...

Title Screen in Outer Space! Seriously, does it even matter what I say here? AnSo makes mixes like rabbits make babies, and they're all awesome. Crunchy guitar leads and synth flutes (I think they're synth flutes), all moving into a nice Harold Faltermeyer-esque wailing electric guitar restatement of the theme. In a startling rarity, I actually like the closing of the mix better than anything else. Not that it was a bad mix, I just thought the acoustic fadeout was a great way to end it. A+. You may continue making mixes.

• 1 month later...

I tend to gravitate towards the more "trippy" tracks, and my friends berate me for it, but perhaps it's just my inner hippie coming out.

This arrangement is solid, and the guitar is amazing--reminds me a lot of my cousin's playing. Somehow it's relaxing and invigorating at the same time.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is why I don't need to do drugs. I can just trip out to this; better still, it's 100% free and legal.

Anso and Fishy are amongst the best collaboration act on the site, and this mix cements that into history. I like that there is a little bit of venom in the leads instruments in contrast to the rather delicate support.

The pacing is so spacious and deliberate, it plays out like a rock-infused serenade to Nobuo Uemutsu, Final Fantasy and music itself.

A really beautiful and very smartly executed remix of a cherished theme. This is as solid a mix as you can find.

• 1 month later...
  • Liontamer changed the title to OCR01758 - Final Fantasy VII "Mako Eyes"