Heh, So my first submitted mix was a no across the board

XTREEMMAK

And I will say, that now, I have a higher respect for the judges here. Thank you for making me a little bit better guys :D.

Though since my submission looks like a highly anticipated resub across the board, I guess I'm not far from perfection as far as my mixing ear goes.

Granted, I did fail to mention that during the mix, I was doing it across a dieing master left channel on my out bus, a problem that I thought could have been remedied through a disparity pan on my daw to balance out what's coming through my monitors, and then on bounce, centering the master pan back again (one reason why I said I questioned the translation). This however I found out later during a mix session with another project was not the case. The translated mix onto CD afterwords came out so bassed out and so life less, it made me look like an armature! What saved my butt then though was that I happened to have an M-box 2 lying around and just used that for mixing instead. While it cant handle a big a load like my Onyx, it certainly saved me since I needed 2 mixes done with somewhat home mastering applied in 2 days.....not fun.... lol.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I really respect the review and I'm begining to think that I should concentrate a bit more on doing some remixes here considering that the insight of the judges here are imo reputable.

Thanks guys!

Rejected mix: Burning Star

Ok I dont get it.

Why would a post complimenting on the judges job well done be a hate thread? Perhaps I should change the title head?

Rejected remixers opening whiny threads have become somewhat of a meme here over the years, the phrase 'shtyjdgfgt' (shitty judge faggot) is related to that.

So understandably, it's refreshing to see someone handle the criticism as well as you do. People are just poking fun at you a bit for that, because it's really the complete opposite of what they expect. :)

I have to say, I did love your remix ever since I heard it back on the wip boards, so best of luck getting it accepted if you resub.

And I will say, that now, I have a higher respect for the judges here. Thank you for making me a little bit better guys :D.

Though since my submission looks like a highly anticipated resub across the board, I guess I'm not far from perfection as far as my mixing ear goes.

Granted, I did fail to mention that during the mix, I was doing it across a dieing master left channel on my out bus, a problem that I thought could have been remedied through a disparity pan on my daw to balance out what's coming through my monitors, and then on bounce, centering the master pan back again (one reason why I said I questioned the translation). This however I found out later during a mix session with another project was not the case. The translated mix onto CD afterwords came out so bassed out and so life less, it made me look like an armature! What saved my butt then though was that I happened to have an M-box 2 lying around and just used that for mixing instead. While it cant handle a big a load like my Onyx, it certainly saved me since I needed 2 mixes done with somewhat home mastering applied in 2 days.....not fun.... lol.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I really respect the review and I'm begining to think that I should concentrate a bit more on doing some remixes here considering that the insight of the judges here are imo reputable.

Thanks guys!

Rejected mix: Burning Star

I gotta agree here, when my first mix was rejected, I've seen getting a remix on the panel as a challenge, and I won't stop trying either.

Its a shame a lot of people take not getting a mix posted so badly as its a great way to test your skills as a musician to keep on subbing :)

Stupid motherfucking judges rejecting my remixes what the fuck I am a musical fucking genius, everyone could learn a thing or fucking two from my remixes. Who the hell do they think they are?

Oh wait, both my mixes were accepted.

Carry on.

Well, that's good and all for you, but I'm still pissed. Fuck those judges. I'm never submitting to this site again.

Rejected remixers opening whiny threads have become somewhat of a meme here over the years, the phrase 'shtyjdgfgt' (shitty judge faggot) is related to that.

So understandably, it's refreshing to see someone handle the criticism as well as you do. People are just poking fun at you a bit for that, because it's really the complete opposite of what they expect. :)

I have to say, I did love your remix ever since I heard it back on the wip boards, so best of luck getting it accepted if you resub.

Ohh Ic,

Thanks for that man. Defiantly going to resub. it :).