Heroes: Villains

Dhsu

I lost interest around halfway through Season 2. But I'm glad I'm giving it another chance; Season 3 so far is looking really interesting.

More people need to really die, though. Not this whole "Oh I'm dead, but NOT REALLY!" thing that keeps happening. Though, the circumstances of Linderman's "reappearance" wasn't all that surprising.

By the way, I go between really liking and not liking Mohinder. I always like it when there's a South Asian character who can actually kick ass in a show (which is why the Street Fighter movie irritated me--'nother topic). But back in Season 2 he just irritated me with going on the wrong side so often.

Right now, I'm not sure... "Let me inject myself with this thing to give me superpowers. What could possibly go wrong?!" And he's supposed to be a scientist?

Lastly, anyone notice the listed superpower for the "you don't wanna know" guy? Something like "Sound Manipulation". That should be fun. KF

I lost interest around halfway through Season 2. But I'm glad I'm giving it another chance; Season 3 so far is looking really interesting.

More people need to really die, though. Not this whole "Oh I'm dead, but NOT REALLY!" thing that keeps happening. Though, the circumstances of Linderman's "reappearance" wasn't all that surprising.

With EVERYBODY having healing powers, it is getting pretty annoying. Like action anime or a comic series where people die but aren't dead. I can't believe Heroes is in on that game too.

By the way, I go between really liking and not liking Mohinder. I always like it when there's a South Asian character who can actually kick ass in a show (which is why the Street Fighter movie irritated me--'nother topic). But back in Season 2 he just irritated me with going on the wrong side so often.

Right now, I'm not sure... "Let me inject myself with this thing to give me superpowers. What could possibly go wrong?!" And he's supposed to be a scientist?

Lastly, anyone notice the listed superpower for the "you don't wanna know" guy? Something like "Sound Manipulation". That should be fun. KF

Mohinder just irritates me personally. Too flip-floppy, he totally desecrates upon his father's work when he says he wants to honor him, keeps siding with Sylar and other villains like a total idiot and now he's turning into a beetle or something.

Lastly, anyone notice the listed superpower for the "you don't wanna know" guy? Something like "Sound Manipulation". That should be fun.

That sounds more like Emille from the webisodes. Bennet says "you don't even wanna know," and sound manipulation doesn't seem scary enough to warrant that kind of comment.

KF

KF? Korn Fan? Kissing Fish? King Frittata??

Oh, and I love how the writers pretty much crapped all over what little semblance of believable science the show had with Mohinder's new discovery. "It's not in the DNA, its in the adrenaline!!!" Oh boy...

Yeah, I didn't really like that. But what bothers me more the blatant disparity between that and Sylar's power. He figures out how things work, but how does poking at someone's brain get him these specific genetic markers? Maybe I missed something from a previous episode explaining that.

That sounds more like Emille from the webisodes. Bennet says "you don't even wanna know," and sound manipulation doesn't seem scary enough to warrant that kind of comment.

Do you mean Echo? DeMille, I think was his last name. Interesting idea and definitely... interesting acting. But yeah, it just sounded stupidly obvious they were trying to be dramatic with that line.

Although Echo did destroy an agent's brains by yelling into his ear, which was pretty badass.

Yeah, I didn't really like that. But what bothers me more the blatant disparity between that and Sylar's power. He figures out how things work, but how does poking at someone's brain get him these specific genetic markers? Maybe I missed something from a previous episode explaining that.

Do you mean Echo? DeMille, I think was his last name. Interesting idea and definitely... interesting acting. But yeah, it just sounded stupidly obvious they were trying to be dramatic with that line.

Although Echo did destroy an agent's brains by yelling into his ear, which was pretty badass.

At least they put an end to the stubborn "Slyer eats peoples brainS!!1!" fuckers. I always figured he took powers by observing a brain as he would a watch, but yeah, that makes no sense on a genetic level. I'm probably just a little harsher on the bullshit science reasoning since I study science and genetics, though.

it's a tricky thing writing for a show like this, it set up a really high standard to follow with Season 1... This show focuses on so many different characters that anyone of them must be somebody's favourite, so when they kill'em off, they eventually need to bring 'em back to keep peeps happy a la: Marvel comics. but hell, i'm still watchin' and readin', still makes for a fun ride.

I figured that comment was just the result of poor writing. Regardless, something sound-related definitely came up on the screen. And right now that character is still possessed by Peter. So, it's got my curiosity piqued a bit.

KF? Korn Fan? Kissing Fish? King Frittata??

My initials. Something I got into the habit of way back.... and I can't get out of. KF

Spoilers in this next post.

I notice that no one actually cares about the utterly moronic subplot involving Matt the policeman (who is so unimportant that I barely know his name) getting sent to Africa and Past-Peter being transformed into someone completely different for no adequately explained reason (probably eldritch adrenaline-based magick). Not to mention the fact that super speed girl shows up right as Hiro picks up yet another destroying-the-world-formula to steal it. Meanwhile, Finding-People Girl (another completely unimportant character who was asleep for most of season 2) is at an airport, just when her powers could actually be useful in finding The Bad Guys, the formula, and basically putting the entire season to rest. This compounded by the fact that Nikki has a clone.

I'm not trying to defend the show or anything (I find myself unable to quit watching it at this point almost because of how utterly mediocre it is in every way, once the initial 'OMFG COOL' factor of season one wore off), but you're making a couple very baseless assumptions. One, that the Speedster showing up right on time to steal the formula is some kind of coincidence (what is her motivation for stealing the formula, who is she working for, what kind of intelligence might her employer have?), and two, that Tracy isn't really Niki (she's had entirely split personalities before, so why not now?). Also, I find Parkman's storyline one of the most interesting at the moment, simply because it's relatively difficult to predict how it will pan out.

Also, I find Parkman's storyline one of the most interesting at the moment, simply because it's relatively difficult to predict how it will pan out.

Judging by the preview during The Office tonight, his storyline leads to finding...wait for it...more paintings of the future! Oh Heroes writers, you shockingly brilliant people you, I await with bated breath to see what fresh new ideas that haven't already been done in both of the prior seasons you're able to pull from the deep, dark depths of your imaginations next.

One, that the Speedster showing up right on time to steal the formula is some kind of coincidence (what is her motivation for stealing the formula, who is she working for, what kind of intelligence might her employer have?),

The online graphic novels are usually pretty boring to me, but occasionally characters show up and get introduced there before they appear on the show. http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/novels/downloads/Heroes_novel_097.pdf is where she first shows up. Maybe it alienates the viewers who don't also read the comics online, but there ya go.